PDA

View Full Version : Since this keeps getting buried in Grassroots Central...

nate895
01-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I was thinking that the way to reach almost every voter in a meaningful way is to purchase TV time on every station on Feb. 4th, preferably between 7-8 (or one of the half hour spots, if we can't afford the hour) and have Dr. Paul make a speech. The speech can be about the issues the GOP already agrees with Paul on and a short conservative reasoning for his stance on Iraq. At the end he could look straight into the camera for a few minutes and just talk about the "electability" issue, saying that the voters need to make a legitimate decision, ending by saying "Who will decide who's the next President, the media or you?"

This would reach almost everyone in Super Tuesday states, and it will be what the voters are thinking about as they go to vote the next day.

nate895
01-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Seriously, why won't anyone respond?

Mystile
01-20-2008, 04:00 PM
good idea, but it'll definitely cost a pretty penny.

pcosmar
01-20-2008, 04:14 PM
That would be one use for several million dollars.

nate895
01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
That would be one use for several million dollars.

Yes, and the best. 30 second ads do nothing, they don't convince people to vote for you. One 30-minute speech on a variety of issues would convince many to vote for Paul, especially if he delivers it extremely well.

nate895
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
bumpity bump

mmink15
01-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Yes, and the best. 30 second ads do nothing, they don't convince people to vote for you. One 30-minute speech on a variety of issues would convince many to vote for Paul, especially if he delivers it extremely well.

unfortunately I think people would just turn the channel and watch a rerun of Law and Order or something equally as ridiculous. People are just too apathetic to watch a politician for more than 5 minutes. I think we can change this mentality, but I don't think we've gotten that far yet

Crickett
01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh yeah..like during primetime they would stop watching their quiz show for a 30 minute political rant? LOL baaa baaa baaaa

nate895
01-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh yeah..like during primetime they would stop watching their quiz show for a 30 minute political rant? LOL baaa baaa baaaa

EVERY TV station, then they'll have to read if they don't like it, which would benefit us because the IQ would rise a few points.

nate895
01-20-2008, 07:16 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Airborn
01-20-2008, 07:33 PM
every station? are you joking? who's going to pay for that? And you just can't demand a station play a political speech at a certain time, shows have contracts with the stations..

nate895
01-20-2008, 07:37 PM
every station? are you joking? who's going to pay for that? And you just can't demand a station play a political speech at a certain time, shows have contracts with the stations..

It was the only idea I could think of. What else is going to convince people that Paul can win, or that he should win? We aren't going to be able to meet every voter, and the MSM surely isn't helping. We need a way to get Ron Paul on everyone's minds, and the grassroots doesn't seem to have the time, energy, or numbers to do it.

Airborn
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
It was the only idea I could think of. What else is going to convince people that Paul can win, or that he should win? We aren't going to be able to meet every voter, and the MSM surely isn't helping. We need a way to get Ron Paul on everyone's minds, and the grassroots doesn't seem to have the time, energy, or numbers to do it.

yeh if it was humanly possible is would be great. maybe find some smart hackers that could pull a V for Venda and hack the cable channels to run RP videos.. :p

<only a joke>

Patriot123
01-20-2008, 09:24 PM
It would have to be live; somehow, to be worth the money...

nate895
01-20-2008, 10:03 PM
It would have to be live; somehow, to be worth the money...

Exactamente. Like the NH townhall.