PDA

View Full Version : Overconfident?

anewvoice
01-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok, love or hate the blimp, it's clear that the continued operation of the blimp has become the focus of the blimp fellas.

That's great for them, but now we've got TWO massive e-mail lists that we should be e-mailing to get people signed up. Now we've got 10,249 $10 pledges. So really, we've only got $102,000 pledged for tomorrow.

Are we going to break our 6 million? Not with these projections. We've had 100+ thousand voters for Ron Paul so far. How can we get it out that we need $10 from everyone?

ProfNo
01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Ok, love or hate the blimp, it's clear that the continued operation of the blimp has become the focus of the blimp fellas.

That's great for them, but now we've got TWO massive e-mail lists that we should be e-mailing to get people signed up. Now we've got 10,249 $10 pledges. So really, we've only got $102,000 pledged for tomorrow.

Are we going to break our 6 million? Not with these projections. We've had 100+ thousand voters for Ron Paul so far. How can we get it out that we need $10 from everyone?

I now believe the blimp was a mistake. I was excited about it, but it just did not pan out. I have never seen any mention of the blimp on the news, which is were it was really supposed to prove useful...getting media attention.

In addition, I was on both email lists, and have since taken my name off because I got sick of getting blimp emails. Unfortunately, they screwed up. They should not have emailed anyone about the blimp and saved the emails for the money bombs.

Bilgefisher
01-20-2008, 03:52 PM

First of all, very few people are only donating $10 dollars. Just look at the poll thread on this. Less then 1/4 will pledge $10. Over 50 have stated they will max out and 40 have stated they will donate $500+. I am fairly confident we will break 1 million. I think 2-4 million is within our grasp. I agree I doubt 6 million, but sheesh we can't break records every time.

Also, this is like the 4th thread on this. You don't even have to use the search tool, its still on the first page of this sub forum.

mokkan88
01-20-2008, 03:52 PM
The blimp was not a mistake, but it's longevity should have been limited to a month at maximum. The thing was far too expensive to maintain in a long run.

anewvoice
01-20-2008, 03:54 PM
I've never come out for or against the blimp as it wasn't my money. Personally I think it was likely excessive given how many (airplanes, billboards, newspaper ads...) 600k can buy, but again, not my money.

I removed my name from the mailing lists also as I did NOT sign up to hear about a blimp. And now it doesn't matter anyway. The ONE thing we really had as grassroots infrastructure were those moneybomb e-mail addresses and it pisses me off to no end that a single person with marginal responsibility for the events takes as them as owned by a corporation.

Now we're here starting all over again with no e-mail lists. Sorry to vent but we've set ourselved back and for no good f'in reason.

Bilgefisher
01-20-2008, 03:56 PM
I now believe the blimp was a mistake. I was excited about it, but it just did not pan out. I have never seen any mention of the blimp on the news, which is were it was really supposed to prove useful...getting media attention.

In addition, I was on both email lists, and have since taken my name off because I got sick of getting blimp emails. Unfortunately, they screwed up. They should not have emailed anyone about the blimp and saved the emails for the money bombs.

Sir you couldn't be farther from the truth. The blimp has received tons of media attention. MSNBC and about every local station its flown over. There are a few threads in the grassroots forum and the blimp forum that show the amount of media exposure. The blimp has more then paid for itself.

anewvoice
01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
I never said people would only donate $10, but even assuming our average of $102 for 10,000 we're not going to make a very big splash tomorrow.

My beef is that we're causing ourselves unneeded pain by not being able to build upon our previous successes. Disagree with that?, then you send out an e-mail to the Nov 5th and Dec 16th e-mail lists.

We need those e-mails to go out, we need everyone to know that Ron Paul is expecting us to make another huge statement.

smartguy911
01-20-2008, 05:24 PM
my educated guess is we will get 25,000 donation at $70 each = $1.75 million

Kotin
01-20-2008, 06:08 PM
i dont think many people are just donating 10.. not after NV....

im going in 200... alot of ppl are maxing out, it will be huge!!!!!

anewvoice
01-20-2008, 07:17 PM
i dont think many people are just donating 10.. not after NV....

im going in 200... alot of ppl are maxing out, it will be huge!!!!!

this is exactly my point, every moneybomb has had a lot of people going all in, averages are still $100 per donor so its number of donors we need and right now we don't seem to have the numbers.

I only hope people see the push beginning and it spreads virally!

JGalt
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
I think if we can get momentum early this moneybomb will turn out like all the other ones. We've got to have most of the money that's already pledged come in before most people wake up tomorrow, to further motivate people to donate. If we show well early it'll prove that the campaign isn't a lost cause.

MrsW
01-20-2008, 07:25 PM
this is exactly my point, every moneybomb has had a lot of people going all in, averages are still $100 per donor so its number of donors we need and right now we don't seem to have the numbers.

I only hope people see the push beginning and it spreads virally!

I'm not sure you're accounting for all the new people to the movement. Think of all the people we've touched... Those are people who are new to Dr. Paul's message and haven't maxed out.

Your posts seem to carry a negative tone...

I think after NV there's a lot more people energized about contributing than you may realize.

ItsTime
01-20-2008, 07:26 PM
you are seeing less and less people put their name on the emailing list because the are fucking tired of blimp spam by Trevor

anewvoice
01-20-2008, 07:29 PM
you are seeing less and less people put their name on the emailing list because the are fucking tired of blimp spam by Trevor

MrsW - negative is not my intent, just realistic (and I'm seething over the lack of any coverage on Nevada).

Good point - I took my name OFF the original mailing lists to stop getting spammed, but it would be tremendously helpful if a reminder e-mail went out tomorrow. I dunno how to contact anyone, but it would make all the world of difference.

I was in for Nov 5th and Dec 16th and am short this month. I sold a dryer yesterday for $30 and am taking cans back tomorrow so I'll be able to put in tomorrow as well.

MrsW
01-20-2008, 07:38 PM
MrsW - negative is not my intent, just realistic (and I'm seething over the lack of any coverage on Nevada).

The way I look at it at this point, the MSM has made their intent clear... if they started giving lots of coverage to our campaign at this point, I'd think something was up (not in a good way).

Boots on the ground is the way to make sure people hear our message.

Have any of you been writing letters?
http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp

anewvoice: have you read this thread? Today's the PERFECT day for everyone to read it. It's how hubby and I started the day. ;)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87578&highlight=lend+me+your+ear