PDA

View Full Version : Open Source Pricinct Leader Letter - Let's all add snippets... What would you write?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Let's all contribute some snippets that people can mix, match, edit, or put in their own writing style. Formatting will change of course, but what about content?

This is for somewhere in a letter, attacking the elctability issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know that Ron Paul took 2nd in the Nevada Caucuses on January 19th?

You may have also heard that Ron Paul has:

- Beaten Rudy Giuliani 4 times.
- Beaten Fred Thompson 3 times.
- Has victories over McCain and Huckabee in early primaries as well.

According to the LA Times on 1/16/08:
"Ron Paul thumped two reputed Republican heavyweights in the Michigan primary -- former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
"Who'd have predicted that a couple of months ago?

[i]According to The Nation on 1/20/08:
"Paul has his second from Nevada -- or, as Romney would put it, "the silver" -- and a better finish in South Carolina than Giuliani. He's also got more money in the bank than most of the other candidates, a muscular fund-raising operation, enthusiastic young volunteers and a message that distinguishes him from the field. He's in the race for a good long time, and now he's actually winning delegates."

Ron Paul's popularity continues to surge. He most likely raised more money in the last quarter than any other republican candidate, including an all-time record breaking fundrasing day where he beat the record previously held by John Kerrey. Paul's campaign is funded by people like me, not corporate lobbyists and others who wish to influence federal spending for their own benefit. While most candidates have seen a decline in donations, Ron Paul continues to see an increase in donations as more and more people discover his amazing record.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 10 terms in congress, Ron Paul has:

I haven't written it yet, but one thing I plan to do at the bottom is issue some type of light challenge. Something like...

Ron Paul's 10 term congressional record is second to none. If you can find a candidate who has a better record on taxes, then I'll switch my vote. If you can't find a candidate with a better record on taxes (or a group of things here), then I urge you to consider voting for Ron Paul for president. Please visit the following websites to learn more.

I'm not sure what websites yet, besides the official site. Any suggestions? Anyone have some good snippets to add? If you don't know, keep track of this post and come back with them when you find something good.

I'm going to need something about immigration, myself. Improvents to my text are welcome too.

GregVernon
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM
I think the "You're working for the most honest man in congress" quote from McCain is a good thing.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-20-2008, 03:20 PM
I think you're on to something.

Didn't Rudy also say "Ron Paul supporters are everywhere?" I think he may have even said that in FL, which would be great for someone writing letters in FL.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Rudy, in Lexington, KY on Dec 15th.

"The Ron Paul people are all over the country."