PDA

View Full Version : Reposition the Grassroots: "Back to Basics"

hueylong
01-20-2008, 02:16 PM
When we look at how poorly we're doing with voters over 50, I think a lot of it can be directly traced to the whole "R3VOLUTION" positioning.

Revolution is scary -- especially for older voters. Especially for older Republican voters.

About 2 months ago, I suggested to HQ that a lot stronger positioning would be "Back to Basics". After all, Dr. Paul is offering solutions that are not a radical departure from who we are as a nation -- he is offering solutions rooted in who we've always been, traditionally, as a nation.

Please kindly consider whether a Ron Paul: Back to Basics campaign might work better than "R3VOLUTION".

This is just my opinion, from 35 years working in politics, and 20 years working in Republican campaigns.

Just a thought.:)

hueylong
01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I guess there's no enthusiasm for back to basics...

Melissa
01-20-2008, 04:17 PM
they are all distracted with the new billionaire post if it is a hoax then i think the why would they post it --to distract us

TNFreedom
01-20-2008, 04:17 PM
I think its a great idea myself. My whole precinct is old and retired and they don't want anything to do with a Revolution. But EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WILL BE VOTING. These people vote like crazy!

TNFreedom
01-20-2008, 04:20 PM
And the first word of the title of your thread is the key...Position. We need marketing help so so very bad.

Paulbot_9876
01-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I think its a great idea myself. My whole precinct is old and retired and they don't want anything to do with a Revolution. But EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WILL BE VOTING. These people vote like crazy!

tell them they are going to die before most of us and to shut the fu!@ up.... they lived their life free its our turn.....if they dont like it they can drop dead.....

Melissa
01-20-2008, 04:23 PM
i use the dr and he delieverd 4000 babies to this group oh and good christian man seems to help

TNFreedom
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
tell them they are going to die before most of us and to shut the fu!@ up.... they lived their life free its our turn.....if they dont like it they can drop dead.....

Haha, ok, I will try that. Once that message takes root amongst the elderly I can see the spirit of the RP Revolution burning thru the nursing home.

mmink15
01-20-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't think rEVOLution is the problem, remember in the last debate when everyone of the MSM's frontrunners talked about the Ronald Reagan revolution?
There is a revolution going on and it's important to define that for older Americans who may find it scary, but it's important to keep the rEVOLution theme because it reminds us that this movement is bigger than just one man.
Also remember that Ron Paul himself has used the term rEVOLution on many occasions and said that it helped cure HIS skepticism, Ron Paul is a senior citizen who isn't scared of the term, I also know many senior citizens that aren't afraid of the term either.

Just my 2 cents

FreeTraveler
01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Haha, ok, I will try that. Once that message takes root amongst the elderly I can see the spirit of the RP Revolution burning thru the nursing home.

Yep, and the first thing we're gonna do is fire up our wheelchairs and go after PaulBot_9876. There'll be nothing but tiretracks and mush when we're finished.