PDA

View Full Version : DVD drop in Ames

Psyclone
07-29-2007, 02:38 AM
We had a lot of success with our DVD drop in Ames today. We dropped off a Ron Paul DVD at every house in any precinct in Story County (where Ames is located) that had more than 40% Republicans (almost 7000 DVDs distributed!). Tomorrow we move south to the (highly Republican) Des Moines suburbs to deliver another 6500. Thanks very much to everyone from out of state who came to help (and a bunch of people did)!! I think it was successful beyond our wildest hopes.

SeanEdwards
07-29-2007, 02:46 AM
Nice job!

I hope that pays off. If the people watch the dvds I bet it will.

Revolution9
07-29-2007, 04:26 AM
We had a lot of success with our DVD drop in Ames today. We dropped off a Ron Paul DVD at every house in any precinct in Story County (where Ames is located) that had more than 40% Republicans (almost 7000 DVDs distributed!). Tomorrow we move south to the (highly Republican) Des Moines suburbs to deliver another 6500. Thanks very much to everyone from out of state who came to help (and a bunch of people did)!! I think it was successful beyond our wildest hopes.

Wow.. I am sincerely impressed with those numbers!! Now to see what that brings to the poll numbers.

Best Regards
Randy

trispear
07-29-2007, 05:43 AM
That's awesome! How did you get so many DVDs? Burning them yourselves (eek!) or mass production?

mport1
07-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Great job guys!!!

UCFGavin
07-29-2007, 09:59 AM
that is awesome news! i hope it really ends up helping.

princessredtights
07-29-2007, 10:53 AM
May God bless your tired feet :D

Keep up the great work!

Shatterhand
07-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Fantastic!

:) :D :)
:D :) :D
:) :D :)

Psyclone
07-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, these were the gigaplex DVDs we dropped off. If you haven't seen it, the video on the DVDs is available at Google Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284724646717174405

Shatterhand
07-29-2007, 11:18 AM
I wonder what picture was used on the cover?

Psyclone
07-29-2007, 01:08 PM
The cover has a painting of the Founding Fathers at the Constitutional convention covering approximately the top third. Below this is a copy of the Constitution at a slight tilt. Superimposed over the Constitution is a picture of Ron Paul (which takes up the lower right quadrant) and in the lower left it has the words "The Revolution Has Begun" in yellow. The cover looks very professional and they are all plastic wrapped, so I think it is the sort of thing that if you found it on your doorstep, you might think was worth your time to watch. Let's hope so!

Shatterhand
07-29-2007, 01:13 PM
The cover has a painting of the Founding Fathers at the Constitutional convention covering approximately the top third. Below this is a copy of the Constitution at a slight tilt. Superimposed over the Constitution is a picture of Ron Paul (which takes up the lower right quadrant) and in the lower left it has the words "The Revolution Has Begun" in yellow. The cover looks very professional and they are all plastic wrapped, so I think it is the sort of thing that if you found it on your doorstep, you might think was worth your time to watch. Let's hope so!

Sounds wonderful. :) Are you including any literature with the DVD drop offs? Ames Straw Poll flyers?

Hamburglar
07-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Can anyone confirm this?

Syren123
07-29-2007, 01:22 PM
HIGH FIVES to everyone!!

Whoa. I just read Psyclone's description of the DVD cover - awesome! I watched the video and it is awesome as well except for a recurring misspelling of August...but that's just keeping it real.

I would love to use that video in a mass DVD distribution HERE in CA where consciousness needs serious raising. Only prob is the graphics are specifically targeting the Iowa Straw Poll. Can that stuff be edited out and replaced with something more general? Just thinking out loud here.

Guess Gigaplex can answer those and other questions.

michaelwise
07-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Now, if we could only do mass mailings of DVD's like AOL used to do.

Thatguyuknow
07-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very APPRECIATED!!!

The significance of this may be what wins Ron Paul the straw poll, and ultimately, the nomination!

If we get a 40% conversion rate out of those people who you gave the dvds to, we'd easily win the straw poll, neglecting the some 2,000 votes probably already devoted to Ron Paul.

So, we have leeway, in all strategic sense. This move is the strongest move in Iowa, and will no doubt affect the people into watching the debate.

Dvds + good debate from Ron = Victory!

ronpaulitician
07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Watching the video right now. I like what I'm seeing. I think the first segment has enough clips from different shows, and addresses enough issues to keep a viewer interested, and then the next segments go into some of the issues a little deeper.

qwerty
07-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Yes, these were the gigaplex DVDs we dropped off. If you haven't seen it, the video on the DVDs is available at Google Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284724646717174405

REMEMBER TO SPREAD THE VIDEO ONLINE TOO!!!

:cool:

Original_Intent
07-29-2007, 02:07 PM
On the DVD is the video cleaner than what is on Google Video? I love what I am seeing and not meant as criticism, I am just wondering.

stevedasbach
07-29-2007, 02:09 PM
IMO, a 40% conversion rate (including going to the straw poll) is totally unrealistic.

No one thing is going to result in victory.

Victory = Internet + YouTube + meetups + DVDs + letters + phone calls + Aug 2 debate + rallies + parades + state fair + slimjims + Ron Paul campaigning in Iowa + earned media + lots of volunteers + lots of donations + ....

Everything that everyone is doing will be needed to do well in the straw poll.

No silver bullets -- lots of silver buckshot

Psyclone
07-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Original_Intent wondered whether the video on the DVD was cleaner than the video on Google videos. I didn't compare the two side by side, but they aren't much different. The videos on both the DVD and on the internet are all fairly low resolution. The title screens look a little sharper on the DVD in my opinion. The actual label on the DVD itself is pretty cool: it is a graphic of the beginning of the Constitution.

I'm not sure that a low resolution DVD is necessarily a bad thing. Although the packaging looks very professional, the video on the DVD looks like something volunteers did, not the work of a multi-million dollar ad agency, and I think that actually might have more impact than something that looks overly slick and market-tested.