PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for your efforts

minitri97
01-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I have been looking at this form for a couple of weeks. I came here to find out what had people so motivated to support Ron Paul; and to see if I would become one of those supporters. Several things have contributed to me deciding not to support his candidacy. Mostly, I disagree with some key positions that he has. Some of them I just think otherwise and some of them I theoretically agree with but don't think it is possible for them to actually happen. For instance, bringing all the troops home from everywhere. I throughly support this idea, but it would never be allowed to occur.

First you probably would like to know why I want to help you if I am not supporting your candidate. Ok, I absolutely support this type of movement. The country needs people who get off their ass and participate in the process. And we all know that the two party "system" is a complete scam. Please, after this election, if Ron Paul doesn't win, stay organized and get behind a candidate for 2012. Either Ron Paul or someone else. What I'm saying is, we need a candidate that on November 5th will start campaigning for 2012, and we need everyone behind him for 4 years.

Now on to my suggestions for this website and Ron Paul supporters in general.
There are several contributors to this forum that post offensive comments to select groups of people. I understand you are all for free speech, regardless of content. I can agree with that, but when you are trying to gather support for an election, it is really detrimental to have people reading posts containing putdowns to gays, religious groups, and other organizations. This includes other political candidates. I realize you don't like them, but name calling is really not gonna help. Also, when a state, South Carolina for example, doesn't vote for Ron Paul in the primary, you don't need 10 post about how much the entire state sucks.
Another thing, let me give you a hypothetical example of a post.

You know I'm really feeling kind of down about the effort, I mean we all try so hard and we get 5th in the primary. I'm wondering if it is all worth it?
RESPONSES
#1 TROLL
#2 WELL IF YOU DON"T LIKE It, THEN LEAVE
#3 We don't need your negative attitude around here

Um, ok people, maybe the author of this post was trying to irritate you, but MAYBE he is an actual supporter thinking of jumping ship. Those responses will get a splash.

Lastly, there are a LOT of posts asking for money. I realize that money is sorely needed to win an election, especially when your guy is getting ignored by the media. But on the same note, a lot of you folks realize that we are heading for hard economic times and encouraging people to "max out", may be a bit of a turn off for some.

Hey, just my 2 cents. Like I said, I'm gonna go with another candidate. Please don't think I based that decision on my suggestions from above. I realize the majority of people associated with Ron Paul are positive and intelligent. However, keep in mind that people reading these forums will be like me. One offensive, negative, childish post will over rule 5 good ones.

Thanks, good luck.