Sauron
01-20-2008, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To3vRHzivgQ

Chester Copperpot
01-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Secession

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-20-2008, 02:12 PM
That's a good video. Too bad if Vermont actually tried to succeed, the FEDS would come in their with the Federal army and wipe them out.

We are so screwed.

Dave Pedersen
01-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Secession is a very legitimate option which everyone should carefully consider. If all the 50 states seceded that would render our debt without a debtor. It is like rebooting a system. Pull the plug and then reunify with the new national capital located in Nebraska where it belongs.

We will always have available the constitution, we can write an improved version and we can start new with a clean slate. This is far better than trying to restore Washington D.C. to a semblance of legal authority and transparency. The city has entrenched mechanisms of corruption running so deep we need to move our representative body to clean ground far away from the old corrupted land.

One major change to our body of law which should be included is some meaningful method of limiting the size and influence of corporations. Corporations have their place but there must be considerable limits imposed.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Secession is very legitamate, and I support it.

If Ohio seceeded (where I reside), I would be extremely happy, because I support abandoning the Federal government and it's $65 Trillion dollar debts, and it's absurd, abhorred foreign and domestic agendas.

The Federal Government can fend for it's self. The States should defend their God given liberty against these tyrants that have gotten us into internal debt and servitude.

asgardshill
01-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Secession

NOT

Succession

(Beating my inner English teacher back into unconsciousness now ...) :mad:

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Secession

NOT

Succession

(Beating my inner English teacher back into unconsciousness now ...) :mad:

haha! There I changed it.

Sauron
01-20-2008, 02:40 PM
The empire will collapse, as all have throughout history. Just like when USSR collapsed many new countries left the Russian empire, many states will leave the US empire. It's like a dam that has too much pressure on it and isn't being fixed. The flood breaks through. Vermont is just one crack in the dam that is visible.

asgardshill
01-20-2008, 02:43 PM
haha! There I changed it.

Thanks. I'm not normally a violent person, but that IET just BEGS to get the crap knocked out of her once in a while ;)

junior_bacon_cheeseburger
01-20-2008, 03:43 PM
The Lakota Indians seceeded recently, I haven't heard anything about that. I support secession 100%. If only we could get enough support around the country. We need to do everything in our power to dissociate ourselves as much as possible from the corrupt traitors in Washington DC.

Montpelerin
01-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Free State Project
Kau Inoa - Hawaii Independence Movement
Vermont Secession Movement
Lakotah Nation

...these things seem to be multiplying awfully quickly

xd9fan
01-20-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm all for it.......Its the only reset button left........ before war. (because honest change just will not happen....sorry....the Govt is just too God damn big)

Goldwater Conservative
01-20-2008, 04:35 PM
That's a good video. Too bad if Vermont actually tried to succeed, the FEDS would come in their with the Federal army and wipe them out.

I wonder if they'd have the balls to do it if the people practiced civil disobedience. Can you imagine videos popping up online of the military violently forcing peaceful people to remain under the control of the United States government?

steph3n
01-20-2008, 04:43 PM
I have to say I went through VT going to NH and it was home to the rudest people my entire trip.

Green Mountain Boy
01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't know if enough people have woken up yet in order for secession to be a viable solution. I do not have much confidence in the American people at this point in time, even my fellow Vermonters, sad to say.

steph3n
01-20-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't know if enough people have woken up yet in order for secession to be a viable solution. I do not have much confidence in the American people at this point in time, even my fellow Vermonters, sad to say.

Since you are from VT, is it common for every person in VT to not dim their lights at night, be exceedingly rude at checkout when purchasing goods, and generally have a bold arrogance? i can say i only met 4-5 people in person in VT but all the drivers in VT were rude too :(

Green Mountain Boy
01-20-2008, 04:49 PM
I have to say I went through VT going to NH and it was home to the rudest people my entire trip.

Sorry to hear that. New England's pretty grumpy compared to the rest of the country, I will admit that. :o

Green Mountain Boy
01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Since you are from VT, is it common for every person in VT to not dim their lights at night, be exceedingly rude at checkout when purchasing goods, and generally have a bold arrogance? i can say i only met 4-5 people in person in VT but all the drivers in VT were rude too :(

It's funny you mention people not dimming their lights at night, because my father is always complaining about that when he is driving. It seems like it is a growing trend. Did you drive through VT on route 9 to NH? If you did, it was probably swarming with New York drivers, so you can pass the blame to them.:D

steph3n
01-20-2008, 05:05 PM
It's funny you mention people not dimming their lights at night, because my father is always complaining about that when he is driving. It seems like it is a growing trend. Did you drive through VT on route 9 to NH? If you did, it was probably swarming with New York drivers, so you can pass the blame to them.:D

and today's new cars have two million candlepower spotlights for headlights!!

yes it is a pain and that is the route I drove.

Mystile
01-20-2008, 05:23 PM
My patriotic senses tell me that I don't support secession though I pretty much agree with the principles and the concerns are legit.

asgardshill
01-20-2008, 05:28 PM
The Lakota Indians seceeded recently, I haven't heard anything about that.

Probably because the only "seceding" that went on was done by one Lakota INDIAN and the members of his little pressure group, not the entire Lakota NATION.

-lotus-
01-20-2008, 05:33 PM
ha, if you thought about it....if every state seceeded, the federal govt would still have to pay off national debt...and how ironic that the very people that got us into this mess would be the ones paying it off since theyd no longer have a nation to tax.

California to seceed from the Union!

Czolgosz
01-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm another one for secession or creation of a new country w/in the u.s.

jasonjasonjason1
01-28-2008, 10:17 PM
aa

Ex Post Facto
01-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I believe in the strength of the constitution and secession should be avoided at all costs. If you abolish the federal government entirely, we become a rag tag band of states losely associated and all move in different directions. Limited Federal government would at least keep our liberties alive, so that states couldn't declare themselves supreme leaders of the masses. It's a complex set of checks and balances, but the Federal government has it's purpose, and that is outlined in the constitution.

I'd much rather see states use state rights and articles to arrest corrupt politicians in Washington. The states can charge the president with a crime, and since he has tapped into National Guard troops belonging to the states under a false war, states are definitly within their right to arrest someone for misrepresenting the need for those troops. Impeachment is up to the legislative branch. Since it seems we have a majority of spineless, self-motivated politicians on Capitol Hill, not concerned about stripping liberties from Americans to give them to foreign countries, at our expense. We need to look to our state possibly to handle it.

Crickett
01-28-2008, 10:38 PM
I believe in the strength of the constitution and secession should be avoided at all costs. If you abolish the federal government entirely, we become a rag tag band of states losely associated and all move in different directions. Limited Federal government would at least keep our liberties alive, so that states couldn't declare themselves supreme leaders of the masses. It's a complex set of checks and balances, but the Federal government has it's purpose, and that is outlined in the constitution.
I' need for those troops. Impeachment is up to the legislative branch. Since it seems we have a majority of spineless, self-motivated politicians on Capitol Hill, not concerned about stripping liberties from Americans to give them to foreign countries, at our expense. We need to look to our state possibly to handle it.

Love your post. One of those sites (if you search on free vermont) has a ron paul video, but not some other ones. If RP was elected, they may not have to secede. Do they all know this??

eldeeder
01-28-2008, 10:47 PM
The Lakota Indians seceeded recently, I haven't heard anything about that. I support secession 100%. If only we could get enough support around the country. We need to do everything in our power to dissociate ourselves as much as possible from the corrupt traitors in Washington DC.

Thats actually not true. The man who held that press conference has nothing to do with the official tribal leaders, he is just an activist. I grew up in Sioux Country, trust me. .ITS NOT HAPPENING (at least for the lakota) Its the same as if I had a press conference here and announced arizona was secceeding. Sure, its a great story, but what I parade around doesnt really mean anything...

Goldwater Conservative
01-28-2008, 10:59 PM
If you abolish the federal government entirely, we become a rag tag band of states losely associated and all move in different directions.

I can see the big states like California, Texas, New York, and Florida staying independent, but a lot of the less populous states would probably form confederations, like the mountain states, much of the South, and New England.

Honestly, I don't trust the federal government to protect my liberties more than my state government. In fact, if my state were its own country, I'm confident all the attention that used to be focused on what were national races and issues would turn to what were statewide but would now be national ones.

IcyPeaceMaker
01-28-2008, 11:25 PM

I'd much rather see states use state rights and articles to arrest corrupt politicians in Washington. The states can charge the president with a crime, and since he has tapped into National Guard troops belonging to the states under a false war, states are definitly within their right to arrest someone for misrepresenting the need for those troops. Impeachment is up to the legislative branch. Since it seems we have a majority of spineless, self-motivated politicians on Capitol Hill, not concerned about stripping liberties from Americans to give them to foreign countries, at our expense. We need to look to our state possibly to handle it.
The constitution is portable, I have a copy. The Confederate Constitution mirrored the original.

I would suggest that secession is a plausible answer to the gangs running our country and stealing our soverignty. I would rather fight to the death than to live in slavery to theives and bandits who stole my country.

The end is indeed in sight for this system, it's about to crumble under it's onw weight. There is no place in Washington where truth and justice might be hiding.

".......when any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it becomes the right of the people to alter or to abolish it and to institute a new government laying it's foundation in such organizing and power that to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

Carole
02-20-2008, 02:20 PM
The people will be rounded up as enemy combatants and sent to secret prisons never to be seen again unless someone stops it from happening. :eek:

Carole
02-20-2008, 02:33 PM
:p

Ron Paul Vermont
05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
and today's new cars have two million candlepower spotlights for headlights!!

yes it is a pain and that is the route I drove.

Yes Blame people from New York and Mass. Vermont is such a small state at any given moment probably at least half the people in the state are not local. New York city alone has 15 million people. Vermont has 600,000 =)

nate895
05-06-2008, 04:38 PM
It's secession, please change thread title!!!!!!!!!