PDA

View Full Version : ghemminger banned?

Lord Xar
01-20-2008, 01:20 PM
is ghemminger banned?
Can the mod confirm privately with him ANY of the truths or non-truths. I have spoken to him on occasion, and I don't believe he just makes things up. I would get on the horn with him, phone, and have him instantiate a thing or two.

garyallen59
01-20-2008, 01:21 PM
i agree

defcreative
01-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Hmm, if this is true then I suspect he may have opened his mouth when he was not supposed to.

Self control is a virtue.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-20-2008, 01:25 PM
He should be banned.

+10000

Eponym_mi
01-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Finally!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-20-2008, 01:26 PM
More likely, he's just been causing chaos here with his insane posts which always seem to make himself the center of attention, as if he has "secret knowledge" the rest of us don't.

He seems to literally be melting down, so getting him help is probably the most important thing, and stopping him from posting more insane rants is probably something he will appreciate later.

Melissa
01-20-2008, 01:27 PM
I agree he always comes running in screaming something about nothing and I for one am sick of it

Dan Klaus
01-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Hope this gets worked out...Ghemminger needs to hold his good news until he can expound with specifics...

randomname
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
would hope so

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-20-2008, 01:29 PM
We should not be making fun of him either, if he is mentally ill. That's no different than making fun of someone in a wheelchair.

bp2519
01-20-2008, 01:30 PM
he should be banned, no objections

driller80545
01-20-2008, 01:30 PM
I look forward to his "breaking news". Brings a bit of comedy to my day. Never the less, he is harmless and doesn't deserve to be banned. If you don't like his posts, don't open his threads.

Dave Wood
01-20-2008, 01:32 PM
You all better be careful. I believe George. He is near where most tv production happens. I agree with lordxar......I think he does know something, he cant tell us, he is simply posting on these boards when he feels like we need a boost of enthusiasm. I lived in L.A. for a good number of years and I can tell you that a lot of people know what goes on behind the scenes there (regarding productions) but they wouldnt dare tell you specifics, they would be immediately blackballed and run out of town.

Ron Paul Fan
He made Free Market News look like a credible source. Does he deserve to be banned? It's not for me to decide.

nascar
ghemminger is only one most realistic and true talking member of this forum.
(I’m for CA to.)(is worm in CA, and brain is not frozen)

UtahApocalypse
01-20-2008, 01:33 PM
is ghemminger banned?
Can the mod confirm privately with him ANY of the truths or non-truths. I have spoken to him on occasion, and I don't believe he just makes things up. I would get on the horn with him, phone, and have him instantiate a thing or two.

I think that George has good intentions. I think that he is not deliberately lying, or feeding us crap. I do however think that his methods are flawed. Coming everyday saying that "you know something" but can't tell is pointless. Also when promised "I will have information tomorrow" well tomorrow never comes. I think the main reason for a ban (if it did happen) was tat he made new threads if his thread was moved, flooding the board with the same topic even after it is moved by a MOD is not acceptable. Hopefully if he is banned it's only a day, and he might use that to rethink how he is doing things on this board.

ItsTime
01-20-2008, 01:33 PM
http://zapfu.com/files/qi6y91mnj4pzdidi2taj.jpg (http://zapfu.com/)

mkrfctr
01-20-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't think he needs to be banned per se - just limit his posting abilities to the hot topics forum :-P

/no, seriously

tsetsefly
i hope he wasnt banned...

slantedview
Hope this gets worked out...Ghemminger needs to hold his good news until he can expound with specifics...

yea i dunno about being banned, but sprinkling hints of supposed plans and news is just a distraction. either you share something entirely or you don't.

speciallyblend
george we love you,i hope the best. for anyone attacking him,just remember,one lil tweek in your brain and you can have issues to,so in the end,send our love and hope everything is ok,for all the negative people, WAKE UP,LIFE IS REAL AND NOT PERFECT WISE UP OR SHUT UP.

No1ButPaul08
01-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Please ban. Never has a person had more fake "sources" and started so many rumors. He might thinks he has a source, I don't know. If he does, i would stop using that "source" as he is rarely ever right

Drknows
01-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Well i do enjoy his posts and the replies.

Breaking.... i have secret information i cant tell you MORE TO COME!!!!

STFU...
Youtube or it didnt happen..
GTFO..

i hope he didnt get banned.

Technics2000
01-20-2008, 01:37 PM
I love a good joke as much as the next guy but what he's doing is taking it a bit too far. Yea, for the people who know him it may be funny and considered a joke but there are alot of people who don't know that his posts are supposed to be a joke.

KewlRonduderules
01-20-2008, 01:38 PM
I kinda like his posts. I find them kinda entertaining and funny. I think he means no harm.

He never puts down anybody in this forum (well, at least from what I read or know). People don't like his posts because they are kinda "wacky".

There is nothing wrong with wacky- I like it. I think he is just misunderstood. Poor guy. He means well.

Melissa
01-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I love a good joke as much as the next guy but what he's doing is taking it a bit too far. Yea, for the people who know him it may be funny and considered a joke but there are alot of people who don't know that his posts are supposed to be a joke.

This is the what my bitch is and if we are talking about strategy on another thread his posts distract everyone and we waste valuable time that is why I hope he is banned

defcreative
I agree, hopefully he didn't get banned. He's harmless and means well even if his delivery isn't the greatest.

steph3n
I am no fan of George but there is an ignore system.

I find his methods to be highly annoying, his news worthless.

He has been promoting some big money person since June that would come save the day, sounds like a feel god strategy with on real results.

He has started some of the biggest rabbit chasing threads on this forum and if it were for actual detail and thought put into that billionaire thread OP I would have thought it was George.

George, just reform your ways to not make everything into the next fox like "Ghemminger alert!" like everything is big breaking news.

Bascially george is the fox news of the board, I ignore what they say it probably isn't true.

Redcard
My suspicion is a paid troll.

Of course, people think I'm one, but I end up on most people's ignore lists. George has actually drawn a lot of attention, stopped a lot of action, anad mae a real difference in the campaign by his comments.

If you guys think I'm a troll/shill/whatever.. cool enough. .but understand that he's done more damage than I ever could simply by voicing my complaints.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I look forward to his "breaking news". Brings a bit of comedy to my day. Never the less, he is harmless and doesn't deserve to be banned. If you don't like his posts, don't open his threads.

I disagree, if he is distracting us, he IS harming the cause...

Melissa
01-20-2008, 01:41 PM

QFT

nascar
01-20-2008, 01:43 PM

Please gave examples:

Madison
01-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Learn how to use the ignore option and stop asking mods for people to be banned.

defcreative
01-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, for the record, he is currently banned.

EDIT: WTF, lol, now he is unbanned.

RP4Pres2008
Oh well, I always thought of him as an attention seeker...

His intentions had to be pure however.

nascar
You can not ignore, mods deleting his posts.

asgardshill
01-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Having moderated forums myself, I can say that if ghemminger WAS banned, it was because of his being an inordinately squeaky wheel in the forum. The moderators are the ones who carry the grease to squeaky wheels, and they might just have gotten tired of having to grease that particular squeaky wheel over and over again. High-maintenance posters are the bane of a moderator's existence.

Having said that, I hope he wasn't banned as his rants (and the responses to them) were entertaining. But then again, I'm not a moderator here. ;)

nascar
01-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, for the record, he is currently banned.

EDIT: WTF, lol, now he is unbanned.

Big Mistake.

defcreative
01-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Big Mistake.

At least he is now unbanned. He only faced a ~20min ban I guess. :p

expatinireland
01-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Learn how to use the ignore option and stop asking mods for people to be banned.
+1

tsetsefly
01-20-2008, 01:52 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Troyhand
01-20-2008, 02:06 PM
As someone who calls him out constantly for his reckless, unsubstantiated, disruptive threads, I don't think he should be banned unless the mods are sure that all his posts are meant to be a troll feed. Whether he knows it or not, he does sabotage this forum with distractionary self-serving alarm bells, but many of us are guilty of over-reaction. I don't think he's a troll (even though he labels anyone who disagrees with him or ridicules his behavior a troll instantly). I do think he cares more about himself than helping Ron Paul get elected and he doesn't care at all about how disruptive he is to the forum. Plus, he seems to enjoy being abused and cry victim to the forum, since he obviously doesn't put the people like me who don't tolerate his BS on HIS ignore list. So it doesn't seem like he's here to learn or grow.
Should he be banned? I don't know. If he wants to barf out his crazy rhetoric here, that's fine with me. even loonies can have a good idea once in a while. I'd hope as Ron Paul supporters we'd be savvy enough to separate the shit from the shinola though.

yongrel
01-20-2008, 02:21 PM
I have every reason to believe that ghemminger is a good guy. He's obviously very committed to Ron Paul and the movement. His heart is in the right place.

That said, I despise him. I find his posts to be self-important keyboard diarrhea. He is one of the most obnoxious characters I have ever stumbled upon in my years on the series of tubes.

However, he should not be banned unless he violated the forum guidelines. And since he didn't violate the guidelines (that I know of) it makes sense that his account should remain open. I just wish he would learn to filter himself a little. Or a lot. Preferably a lot.

asgardshill
01-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't hate the playa, hate tha game.

Malakai0
01-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I hope so. He was constantly trying to move the momentum of this forum to the negative, I suspected a troll awhile ago ^^

Note I think bannage is feasible for misinformation, not necessarily just being a tard. Somehow I doubt someone with the posting level of an early middle schooler was so intimately involved in the campaign and privy to all that "insider info".

Pete Kay
01-20-2008, 03:51 PM
That guy deserved to be banned. If anybody didn't agree with him and his craziness he would flip out with the caps lock button and and start writing the most ridiculous insults possible.

When I told him that I thought that the Nevada caususes would got well for Ron Paul, he said that I was naive and that I should be prepared to be raped up the ass. This made me laugh, but c'mon, that kind of stupidity is not needed on this board.