PDA

View Full Version : McLaughlin Group opens economy/war cost debate with RP's video clip, causes chaos

Liberty Star
01-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I believe it was this RP debate clip 35 sec into this video where RP links economic issues, inflation, falling dollar to huge war cost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcaaYqn77U&feature=related

Mortimer Zuckerman, editor-in-chief of US News& World Report goes bezerk, calls RP phony and cites Romney's arguments in defense.

Eleanor Clift of Newsweek, Pat Buchanon and host John McLaughlin pretty much agree with Ron Paul's views on economy and war cost relationship. Pat also observes how arabs are buying up American companies with the money they have been making due to high oil prices.

It should be noted that Mortimer Zuckerman had been one of the cheerleaders of Iraq war and championed neocons argument for the war, no surprise there.

Show aired on PBS this Fri night and today, video of the show should be on this site in next few days:

http://www.mclaughlin.com

OP title is bit dramatic but this was a very energetic exchange on what is perhaps the best political debate show in America.

Flirple
01-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah I saw this. It was almost unbearable to watch the ignorance of Mortimer Zuckerman and that blond lady (Monica something I think).

They responded to the clip the same way Fred Thompson did when it origionally happened. That is they dismissively laughed at Ron Paul and the notion that inflation is caused only by the increase of the money supply and 2) war and military expenditures cost a lot of money.

Why are these 2 simply facts so hard for people to comprehend? I just don't get it. I'm not saying that Ron Paul is the best at explaining this stuff but I think he does a rather good job of explaining these concepts in a simple manner so that the average Joe can understand. Maybe thats the problem, the talking heads on these shows are not "average Joe's" and therefore don't recognize common sense even when it slaps them in the face.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Zuckerman = Israel First traitor.

Blonde Bimbo = Neocon Brainwashed Sheep.

GodOfThunder
01-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Thompson is a moron. It's amazing how people can think Ron Paul is the moron because they don't understand what he's talking about.

Ron Paul killed at that debate. He destroyed the rest of those bafoons... but people just don't understand the message. It's sad.

NMCB3
01-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah I saw this. It was almost unbearable to watch the ignorance of Mortimer Zuckerman and that blond lady (Monica something I think).

They responded to the clip the same way Fred Thompson did when it origionally happened. That is they dismissively laughed at Ron Paul and the notion that inflation is caused only by the increase of the money supply and 2) war and military expenditures cost a lot of money.

Why are these 2 simply facts so hard for people to comprehend? I just don't get it. I'm not saying that Ron Paul is the best at explaining this stuff but I think he does a rather good job of explaining these concepts in a simple manner so that the average Joe can understand. Maybe thats the problem, the talking heads on these shows are not "average Joe's" and therefore don't recognize common sense even when it slaps them in the face.People should read Ron`s new book "Pillars of Prosperity." It`s mostly about the economic issue and how it relates to most of the problems we face today. He really lays it out and explains it well. A must read, ESPECIALLY for those who don't comprehend what Ron is talking about.

Flirple
01-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Thompson is a moron. It's amazing how people can think Ron Paul is the moron because they don't understand what he's talking about.

Ron Paul killed at that debate. He destroyed the rest of those bafoons... but people just don't understand the message. It's sad.

QFT

Liberty Star
01-20-2008, 12:42 PM

Why are these 2 simply facts so hard for people to comprehend? I just don't get it. I'm not saying that Ron Paul is the best at explaining this stuff but I think he does a rather good job of explaining these concepts in a simple manner so that the average Joe can understand. Maybe thats the problem, the talking heads on these shows are not "average Joe's" and therefore don't recognize common sense even when it slaps them in the face.

Deprogramming lazy myths that have been fed to the masses by MSM for decades will take time and won't happen overnight. Politicians who had been married to Bush's Iraq war policy will naturally get defensive about/ridicule any suggestion that their supported policies may be starting to cause huge economic problems. But many important and relatively unbiased , free thinking pundits have started to question old doctrines and are gradually coming around. I've noticed in each subsequent debate, less and less people are laughing when RP talks. Ron Paul is winning in many ways and has started a national debate even if all results can't be measured right away.

That blond lady is Monica Crowley, she used to be on MSNBC and used to be a vocal supporter of Iraq war.

Thomas_Paine
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Ron Paul is effectively changing the landscape and perameters of the debate.

Flirple
01-20-2008, 01:19 PM
No question. We've already won. Just like the good doctor says, ideas are powerful, politicians and people are weak.

Just stop and imagine what this race would have looked like if Ron never even formed his exploratory committee let alone launched his campaign. Scary.

Primbs
01-20-2008, 01:31 PM
It looked good. Ron Paul needs to explain his position better.

RSLudlum
01-20-2008, 01:31 PM
People just aren't used to getting educated from a politician, that's the jist of the problem. The american people don't realize that he is really doing justice for us all by bringing these issues to the table and the media doesn't want him doing it bc. they think it's their job to educate the population.

driller80545
01-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Neo con mantra: Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up

JonnyDanger
01-20-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm surprised that the McLaughlin Group doesn't get more mentions on this forum. RP gets brought up a fair bit (way more than on any other show on TV), and John McLaughlin himself even named RP as "Man of the Year" on the yearly round-up show last month.

fj45lvr
01-20-2008, 02:40 PM
just keep thinking of the DUCK/WITCH monty python skit....that pretty well covers it.