PDA

View Full Version : How we can win the whole thing and not take a single state

hawkeyenick
01-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Delegates

In Iowa, all you had to do was raise your hand. A lot of people weren't willing to pay the $5, but delegates, much like electoral votes, decide the winner, not the popular vote.

Our passion can still win the whole thing.

If you are in a state that elects delegates, just raise your damn hand (even if you can only be an alternate like myself in Iowa). It's worth more than any amount of money or sign waving.

Here's an example of what happened to me in Iowa:
Rudy dominates the vote, mccain huck and paul take second. A mccain supporter raises his hand for the delegate position along with myself, he wins the spot but isn't likely to go to the convention...so as an alternate I likely got the delegate position just by raising my hand.

CelestialRender
01-20-2008, 12:16 PM
You have to win 5 states, to be able to get delegates at the RNC, as far as I am aware.

freelance
01-20-2008, 12:20 PM
You have to win 5 states, to be able to get delegates at the RNC, as far as I am aware.

You have to win the most DELEGATES in five states, I believe. IF that is true, then the OP has a very good point. It may well be the caucus states that could make the difference--those states and some of the Western states.

I just have a feeling that we need to stay under the radar in the caucus states and then show up in droves.

hawkeyenick
01-20-2008, 01:30 PM
You have to win the most DELEGATES in five states, I believe. IF that is true, then the OP has a very good point. It may well be the caucus states that could make the difference--those states and some of the Western states.

I just have a feeling that we need to stay under the radar in the caucus states and then show up in droves.

exactly

the straw poll doesn't matter, we just need to want it more and know the system better to win