PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul being mentioned...

r3volution1776
01-20-2008, 10:55 AM
My mom, who thinks I have better things to do than support Ron Paul, and rolls her eyes every time I mention him, just called and said "Hey they would never mention Ron Paul before, but I've seen his name come up a few times today." This is especially surprising since I wouldn't even think she would be watching anything political. (She mostly watches HGTV and my dad sports). They called from CT. Hey maybe he is not on the news that much, but for my mom to call and say this was sort of surprising.

Technics2000
01-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Maybe they just caught the mention on the Mclaughlin group

r3volution1776
01-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Maybe they just caught the mention on the Mclaughlin group

I tend to think that the Mclaughlin Group isn't high on their TV priority list, but who knows...

Technics2000
01-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I've never really watched it before, just flipped through every now and then but the start of the show today caught my eye (and ear). The main issue was the bailout of Wall st. by China and the Middle East.

govtpigII
01-20-2008, 11:08 AM
When she rolls her eyes and says you have better things to do. Ask her what she would rather you do instead. Tell her how passionate you feel about politics and our economy and YOUR children's future. Explain to her how you really feel and open her eyes to the reality of the world we live in. I will tell you what I can't believe how deep this rabbit hole goes, it blows my mind. I don't think most of us really know even half of the truth, and I mean RP supporters.

InLoveWithRon
01-20-2008, 11:16 AM
When she rolls her eyes and says you have better things to do. Ask her what she would rather you do instead. Tell her how passionate you feel about politics and our economy and YOUR children's future. Explain to her how you really feel and open her eyes to the reality of the world we live in. I will tell you what I can't believe how deep this rabbit hole goes, it blows my mind. I don't think most of us really know even half of the truth, and I mean RP supporters.

Exactly.. Many parents wished their kids were as active and interested in the world like this smart young fellow on our forum.. Whats the alternative? Would his mom rather he be in a gang, do drugs and waste his life on being a loser ? There are so many impoverished minds out there..

This kid on our forum is not one of them.. He is "educated".. Thankfully.. We need more of these young patriots like the young man here.. BRAVO!! I commend you young lad.. You have much more than money can buy, you have WISDOM !

r3volution1776
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM

I have and I've definitely made her more open to the subject and she rolls her eyes less, and I have even got my Dad, who is a disabled veteran, to support Ron Paul, the Debate where everyone laughed at Ron Paul, especially McCain sold my dad. He was a McCain supporter before that. But my mom thinks I should be off working more or finding a nice girl to marry, she will come around.

AlexMerced
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm on the CTforLiberty mailing list, and those guys have been doing abang up job, I wish I spent more time IN CT, but I did what I could while I was in manchester, now I'm working on what I can do in NY

I've been in too many places, but I'm leaving surrogates wherever I go

r3volution1776
01-20-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm on the CTforLiberty mailing list, and those guys have been doing abang up job, I wish I spent more time IN CT, but I did what I could while I was in manchester, now I'm working on what I can do in NY

I've been in too many places, but I'm leaving surrogates wherever I go

Yeah, I was just up there visiting before I went to NH for the elections, I know they are definitely doing a good amount up there, and surprisingly when I was up there, I saw Ron Paul on the front page of the Hartford Courant a few times...good stuff...

driller80545
01-20-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm telling ya- "its catching on"!

SneakyFrenchSpy
01-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Would his mom rather he be in a gang, do drugs and waste his life on being a loser ? There are so many impoverished minds out there....

There are plenty of people who use drugs responsibly, only a tiny portion give the rest a bad name. Let's try not to perpetuate stereotypes please. Ron Paul supporters should know better...

Brewskie
01-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Your Mom probably loves you and wants to be involved with stuff you're involved with.

This is good. Talk with her when SHE brings up Paul. It says she's ready to listen.

If you can convince her to support Paul it may spread to her friends :)

amy31416
01-20-2008, 11:38 AM
My mom, who thinks I have better things to do than support Ron Paul, and rolls her eyes every time I mention him

Next time she rolls her eyes, tell her that there's plenty of us here on the forums that would love to adopt you :D

Seriously, if my kid was all about politics, I'd be thrilled!

r3volution1776
01-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Your Mom probably loves you and wants to be involved with stuff you're involved with.

This is good. Talk with her when SHE brings up Paul. It says she's ready to listen.

If you can convince her to support Paul it may spread to her friends :)

Yeah, I do think she supports me deep down, and I think she could be a Ron Paul supporter, its just that her apathy is going to be very hard to cure...

r3volution1776
01-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Next time she rolls her eyes, tell her that there's plenty of us here on the forums that would love to adopt you :D

I will forward this on to her...