PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Newspaper Takeover Network - For Ron Paul - Help Needed

Petar
01-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I need a web developer to help me do some simple front end work while my programmer finishes up with the back end. Please help me shave off perhaps a day towards completion.

Here is the concept of the site:

The site will display a map of the 50 US States. Each State will display two figures. 1. Emails appearing in print 2. Direct responses appearing in print. Users will be directed to email their local newspapers with letters of support for Ron Paul. The user will then be directed to post that article + email address of that newspaper on the website for all to see, once it appears in print. Then, anyone browsing that post will be directed to write in to that newspaper to directly concur with the post, or to argue against anyone who is printed directly disagreeing, since the original poster will be directed to update the post whenever either of these occur. This way, all of RPs online supporters across the nation can be organized into a national printed press consuming swarm, utilizing a simple member protocol directed from a central location.

Here is the simplified explanation:

You go my website...you write an email of support for Ron Paul to your local paper...once you see it printed then you post it on my page, along with the papers email address...then everyone can see your printed email, and they are encouraged to write to that same paper to agree with you, or to disagree with anyone who is printed saying that you are wrong, since you check the paper and add all that to your post...it creates a sort of buddy system that allows us to systematically use our online army to take over all of he newspapers as well.

I could also use some monetary help. Please chip in to either of these:

http://letters4liberty.chipin.com/letters4liberty

http://letters4liberty.chipin.com/letters4liberty2

The site is 90% done and will definitely be finished within the next couple of days.

Thanks

Petar

JSutter
01-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Very interesting

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Nice initiative, I hope you can get it Live. I'll sign up and send some e-mails from time to time, a view from Vietnam might just get posted since it'll surprise the local newspaper. Thumbs up!

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Shameless bump for a nice initiative.

This really is a good idea people. It's just a way of coordinating responses to discussions in the letter sections of local (news)papers. I'd like to see this get a few more responses and a bit more support, it has potential.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-20-2008, 02:23 PM
One more time then. Any web developers out there for him?

Petar
01-20-2008, 04:34 PM
cmon homies show me some love