PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Media under Pres. Ron Paul

Gimme Some Truth
07-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Well we all know the massive problems with corporate media . How its in the hands of only a few corporations and how they have many conflicts of interest whether that be political , weapons sales etc

What do you think would change if Ron Paul were to be president? I highly doubt they'll all suddenly adopt Paul's stance ,not that we'd want them to since a democracy is all about dissent.

Ron Paul is all about free trade but the media is a monopoly with major conflicts of interest. You may say that the market would sort it out to an extent but we all know that Fox , BBC etc were lying ,and continue to so, about Iraq and that real journalism is ommited.... but still millions tune in to O reilly etc.

Can anything be done to have REAL fair and balanced news? Afterall , you cant have freedom if all you hear, see or read is bogus

michaelwise
07-28-2007, 09:46 PM
The program editors of all the networks and news papers, are give a list from their corporate masters, on which stories they must cover each day. This is not a secret. Know your enemy.

DavyDuke17
07-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't think that we should be able to take down these corporations by using the government, instead the people have to wake up and decide to turn off the TV and seek independent media. The same thing regarding global warming, sure the government has to enforce it when companies are polluting, but the government sucks at everything whether its because of bureaucrats or lobbyists controlling them. Instead, all these people that are so concerned over global warming should stop start shopping at green companies and send letters to polluting companies that they will no longer be shopping with them.

foofighter20x
07-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Not to mention that the Washington Press Corp isn't based on news integrity/reputation, but ACCESS.

I would hope a Paul Administration would cut the MSM corporate shills out of the Press Corps until they get their act together.

Zydeco
07-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Imagine how profitable a "Liberty News Network" would be, with talk show hosts like Tucker Carlson, John Stossel, etc. Let the market rule here, too.

Gimme Some Truth
07-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Imagine how profitable a "Liberty News Network" would be, with talk show hosts like Tucker Carlson, John Stossel, etc. Let the market rule here, too.

I guess if/when Dr. Paul gets to ,and wins ,the general election that would show that a hell of alot of people have had enough of the bile that spews from the MSM , so the market could rule to some point... tho I have my doubts.

Brandybuck
07-29-2007, 01:02 PM
The best defense against capitalism is the free market. So let's make the news industry a free market once again. Instead of government regulation on the news, let's get the government completely out of the industry. No FCC gatekeeping, no fairness doctrines, etc.

Syren123
07-29-2007, 01:05 PM
The best defense against capitalism is the free market. So let's make the news industry a free market once again. Instead of government regulation on the news, let's get the government completely out of the industry. No FCC gatekeeping, no fairness doctrines, etc.

This is how I see it going down as well. The artificial barriers to entry will be removed, and that alone will take the MSM down in hail of bullets. Once a couple of really great competitors get into the market, audiences will abandon the msm in droves. It will be a beautiful thing.

Not to worry...all those new startups will need employees so the people displaced in the msm will have places to go.

bygone
07-29-2007, 01:22 PM
instead the people have to wake up and decide to turn off the TV...

This house is considering permanently disconnecting that device. Soon. Paying for this junk is just getting to be dumb when there are other things to do with life that have far better results than watching the tube.