PDA

View Full Version : To Campaign- Forget Florida and concentrate on California and Texas !!!

InLoveWithRon
01-20-2008, 09:59 AM
I posted this in another thread, but thought it would be seen more here..

Florida is a waste of time.. I lived there for over 15 years and let me tell you, they are clueless for the most part (no offense to you hardworking RP supporters there, I love you all) .. And let's not forget the seniors there, millions of them.. They will go the McCain route..

Paul should ignore Florida because it's a take all delegate state.. He will be wasting money there.. Any penny invested in Florida is a total waste.. Paul should be campaigning for Super Tuesday starting immediately and ignore Florida altogether.. I am not saying the grassroots should stop in florida, not at all.. You guys get the message out.... But Paul has a chance of actually winning California and Texas, he doesn't have a chance in hell of finishing top 3 in Florida, nevermind first.. The demographic of Florida is not near RP territory..

What he needs to do is target two other big states for Super Tuesday, Texas because he is a congressman from there, it's his home territory.. And also California.. Many more people in California have heard of him and they have 1000 strong in the meetup group in San Diego alone.. His signs are all over LA like a plague.... Nevermind the fact that Silicon Valley is there, home of the internet and he is very popular with them there in the northern part of the state... His 2 Leno appearances also serve well for the California proper..

TEXAS AND CALIFORNIA should be the focus.. Doing well in Nevada next door is a good sign for California.. And Texas is Texas, his home territory.. Going that route is a no brainer over Florida.. Investing in Florida would be extremely stupid.. All he would get from investing millions of $$ in Florida is rising from 4% to 6% .. Big deal, people wouldn't see a difference anyways.. Florida is a wasteland for the neocon junkies.. Like South Carolina is.

PimpBlimp
01-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Agreed. We need to get all the delegates we can from Cali and Texas because they have a TON.

ronpaulfollower999
01-20-2008, 10:01 AM
We do have a following here in Florida, but otherwise the sun gets to people's heads. People here are clueless.

NoMoreApathy
01-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I agree.

I'm sure the campaign already realizes this though.

Let's just hope Ron comes out swinging in this debate thursday night, and hopefully he'll win over some of the voters there. Get a solid 4th, or even hopefully a 3rd.

tsetsefly
01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
texas Primary Is In March

mcgraw_wv
01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
People think that florida is all retirement... thats true in west palm beach and the south area around Miami... but not in Jacksonville, not in Tampa, not in Tallahase...

We also have some HUGE college campuses around here...

I do not think we can win the state, and I agree that the HQ shouldnt spend anymore here... But the grassroots should go nuts and show the support!

pathis
01-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I agree as well. In a winner takes all state the money and time spent from the official campaign can be better used elsewhere. Im pretty optimistic now on his chances in the West/Southwest region now after seeing the outcome in Nevada.

Dustancostine
01-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Texas is not a Super Tuesday state. We vote on March 3 almost one month after Super Tuesday. I still like the strategy. But instead of Texas, advertise in:

Colorado
Minnesota
Montana
North Dakota
Oklahoma

and Maybe

New York

--Dustan

InLoveWithRon
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
texas Primary Is In March

Ahh.. Thank you tsetsefly, I thought it was S Tuesday.. I sit corrected ;) .

Anyways that doesn't change anything, he should be attacking states he has a chance of winning, Like Cailifornia, Colorado and others.

Florida is a death march, and a grave.. Aint happenin there.. And I can say that from experience of living there.. It would take years to educate those people who vote in Florida, nevermind a week.. They are so deep and brainwashed into the neocon concept it's disgusting

tsetsefly
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Texas is not a Super Tuesday state. We vote on March 3 almost one month after Super Tuesday. I still like the strategy. But instead of Texas, advertise in:

Colorado
Minnesota
Montana
North Dakota
Oklahoma

and Maybe

New York

--Dustan
California is big, and not a winner take all I think we can get some districts there...

tsetsefly
01-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Ahh.. Thank you tsetsefly, I thought it was S Tuesday.. I sit corrected ;) .

Anyways that doesn't change anything, he should be attacking states he has a chance of winning, Like Cailiforni and others.

Florida is a death march, and a grave.. Aint happenin there.. And I can say that from experience of living there.. It would take years to educate these people, nevermind a week.. They are so deep and brainwashed into the neocon concept it's disgusting

np, but infor spreads like wildfire here dont want people to thin texas is in february...

Redcard
We have to win five states.

I don't think we can win either California or Texas. I hope they would spend time on those midrange delegate states that everyone is ignoring... the Illinois.. Tennessees.. Montanas.. Oaklahomas.. Missouri.

While California, New York, Or Texas would be nice.. they're also VERY heavily contested states, and they have been known to wipe campaigns out in the past. We're attacking from a trailing position here.. not a leading one. The sooner we accept that we are losing this election and that we're not in a good position, the better.

We need to get the "low hanging" fruit. The cheap states. The ones that could go our way and will be relatively uncontested.

painter4Ron Paul
okey dokkey

tsetsefly
01-20-2008, 10:10 AM
We have to win five states.

I don't think we can win either California or Texas. I hope they would spend time on those midrange delegate states that everyone is ignoring... the Illinois.. Tennessees.. Montanas.. Oaklahomas.. Missouri.

While California, New York, Or Texas would be nice.. they're also VERY heavily contested states, and they have been known to wipe campaigns out in the past. We're attacking from a trailing position here.. not a leading one. The sooner we accept that we are losing this election and that we're not in a good position, the better.

We need to get the "low hanging" fruit. The cheap states. The ones that could go our way and will be relatively uncontested.

California is not winner take all we can take districts and delegates there...

tsetsefly
01-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I agree about Floridia except that I would LOVE to beat the warmongering jackel, Julie-anny. I think Texas will be great for Ron Paul.:D

but its in march if we dont do anything super tuesday it is over...

Dustancostine
01-20-2008, 10:11 AM
California is big, and not a winner take all I think we can get some districts there...

Oh I totally agree about California. And the good thing about it being district by district is that the campaign can hit the areas with the greatest chance of winning and skipping over the areas where they feel they can't win, saving a ton of money. I wish all states were like Cali we would have a much better shot. Winner take all is crap and is not very republican, it is more tyranny of the majority.

--Dustan

Redcard
01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
California is not winner take all we can take districts and delegates there...

He can, but he'll spend a TON of money to get those delegates.

And despite what we hear about the other campaigns being broke, I still see them chugging along like nothing's happening. . so I'm led to the conclusion that they aren't as broke as we'd like them to be.

The fact is, we have to hit where we are most effective right now. California , Texas, and NY have enough delegates to put someone to nearly the halfway point if there were clean sweeps. They're going to be fought over like mad, and given the results from SC, I can see us being in a four horse race with us as the fifth.

We need the states and the delegates that aren't being killed for.

Lyn
01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks, Guess I just wasted 3 months canvassing and sign waving.

Xenophage
01-20-2008, 10:37 AM
I agree, Florida is a no-brainer... official campaign doesn't need to spend a penny there.

Its going to be all about the grassroots there.

DeafPalmdale
01-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Each state should continue canvassing and sign waving and we can't please everyone but we need to be wise with the money to spend. We are in a long haul and we need to find some states that are heavily favor to Ron Paul in top two or three. Let other candidates fight each other while we stay under the rader for a while.

WilliamC
01-20-2008, 11:04 AM
The national campaign should concentrate on winning as many delegates as possible, not winning States. I don't know all the rules of the nomination process, but in a brokered convention delegates are the key.

I do understand he has to outright win some States, but I don't know the minimum number required (3 or 5?).

So let the national campaign focus on the States Ron has the best chance of winning, and on precincts of States where he can win delegates without winning the State.

The grassroots will have to carry the rest as best we can.

Redcard
01-20-2008, 12:50 PM
The minimum number is five. That is why I'm suggesting mid-tier delegate states. I'm not saying CA and TX are bad, but they are where losing campaigns go to die. We can't have our eggs in one basket in this one. I'd much rather he spend time in the mid-range states where he might win a few and even be eligible to be voted in in case this convention goes brokered.

firebirdnation
01-20-2008, 01:07 PM
There is a lot of support for RP in California.