PDA

View Full Version : Cost of supporting Ron Paul

Combat Infantry
01-20-2008, 09:20 AM
THE COST OF SUPPORTING RON PAUL

I would like to vent on how I was treated by Fort Henry Mall management in Kingsport, TN. I went there regularly before I started hauling the trailer.
I have a small 10 foot trailer that I am hauling a 4ft X 8ft Ron Paul sign on. I had my truck and sign parked in the parking lot at the Fort Henry Mall. I had backed my truck into a parking space but did have the trailer wheels in the grass so the mall management had my truck and trailer towed. My truck was parked as it should have been but the mall had two wreckers tow both my truck and my trailer at a cost to me of $153.80. When I saw that they had my truck and trailer towed I went to management and ask where my truck was towed to. (Oh, by the way I have a disabled veteran tag on my truck) My disability is related to agent orange so I am still fairly active but I was not dressed for the 3 mile walk to the impound lot to get my truck. At the time I talked to the manager I ask if I could park in the lot as I was in the mall about 2 hours each day. I was told that it would be alright as long as I parked in between the lines but I was hassled by the manager again because of where I was parked. I was parked in the same small lot where the ATM is on the Fort Henry Drive side. I reminded him that he said that I could park as long as I had it within the lines. He told me that I could not park there but agreed I could park within the other lots closer to the mall. So I will be there daily but may be hassled again even though I have followed his instructions.
In my discussion with the manager I ask if he thought there could have been another way he could have handled it other than have both my trailer and truck towed as the truck was parked as it should have been. I asked if maybe a note could have been left on my truck asking me to come by the office. (A first warning)
I must also say that neither my truck or trailer were obstructing traffic within the parking lot. I was parked on the perimeter of the parking lot Thanks for letting me vent. I was parked in a space on the perimeter of the lot.

It was all worth it to support RON PAUL

I now have the sign in the bed of my truck if the manager has it towed again I will owe just one tow bill (Iwas charged two one for the truck and one for the trailer. It may be of interest to you that my trailer was locked to my trailer hitch and they cut the lock off.

It was mentioned that this might be a good news story. Anyone has my permission to use this as it was written.

http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/3.jpg
http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/2.jpg
http://www.alvesbrothers.com/photos/ronpaul/1.jpg

UnitedWeStand
01-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Imagine all the extra looks the trailer got en route to the lot=) You also reached the people who work at the towing place..

I am so grateful that it isnt true that the only support Ron Paul has is college kids. It just isn't true, folks. Thank you so much for spending your money to become a mobile billboard! Im sure the disabled veteran tag gives a lot of extra credit to your message!

You are a true patriot, Sir. Thank you for continuing to care about America!

sratiug
01-20-2008, 09:30 AM
THE COST OF SUPPORTING RON PAUL

I would like to vent on how I was treated by Fort Henry Mall management in Kingsport, TN. I went there regularly before I started hauling the trailer.
I have a small 10 foot trailer that I am hauling a 4ft X 8ft Ron Paul sign on. I had my truck and sign parked in the parking lot at the Fort Henry Mall. I had backed my truck into a parking space but did have the trailer wheels in the grass so the mall management had my truck and trailer towed. My truck was parked as it should have been but the mall had two wreckers tow both my truck and my trailer at a cost to me of $153.80. When I saw that they had my truck and trailer towed I went to management and ask where my truck was towed to. (Oh, by the way I have a disabled veteran tag on my truck) My disability is related to agent orange so I am still fairly active but I was not dressed for the 3 mile walk to the impound lot to get my truck. At the time I talked to the manager I ask if I could park in the lot as I was in the mall about 2 hours each day. I was told that it would be alright as long as I parked in between the lines but I was hassled by the manager again because of where I was parked. I was parked in the same small lot where the ATM is on the Fort Henry Drive side. I reminded him that he said that I could park as long as I had it within the lines. He told me that I could not park there but agreed I could park within the other lots closer to the mall. So I will be there daily but may be hassled again even though I have followed his instructions.
In my discussion with the manager I ask if he thought there could have been another way he could have handled it other than have both my trailer and truck towed as the truck was parked as it should have been. I asked if maybe a note could have been left on my truck asking me to come by the office. (A first warning)
I must also say that neither my truck or trailer were obstructing traffic within the parking lot. I was parked on the perimeter of the parking lot Thanks for letting me vent. I was parked in a space on the perimeter of the lot.

It was all worth it to support RON PAUL

Umm, maybe you could call the police and report your truck stolen the next time?

robert4rp08
01-20-2008, 09:31 AM
I salute your service and your dedication to the movement!!! Too bad they didn't handle it better.

Are they keeping their word and allowing you to continue to park in the "other" lot? Are you one of those mall walkers?

WilliamC
01-20-2008, 09:31 AM
This is how the rEVOLution grows...

Thank you for the sacrifice you have made for your country, both in the past and in the present.

joelfarm
01-20-2008, 09:35 AM
This is how the rEVOLution grows...

Thank you for the sacrifice you have made for your country, both in the past and in the present.

Double that sentiment.

hawks4ronpaul
01-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Stories like this make good local news including an image of the sign (they are like free commercials/ads for RP).

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Combat Infantry
01-20-2008, 11:14 AM
You are free to use my post as worded if you think you can get the good doctor some press

I am editing the post if you want to check it out