PDA

View Full Version : REGISTER BY JAN 31st TO BE A DELEGATE

nc4rp
01-20-2008, 06:54 AM
NC republican registration deadline to participate in the Conventions is Jan. 30th. These delegates elected at conventions go to be delegates at the State Convention (We need delegates in place for Paul to receive votes in the Primary Election May 5th)

SO people Spread the Word! The time is passing fast, Jan 30th is the deadline. We need every Paul supporter in N.C. to be at the Precinct/County conventions in Feb/March as a registered Republican, and voting and as delegates there and at the district convention.

Lets do our part in all this. NC could have an efftect on the outcome this time.

Let it not be said that we did nothing.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
How do you register?

nc4rp
01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
you have to register republican at your county Board of Elections. It took me 5 minutes, just went in and changed to republican by filling out a new card. i got my new voter registratiuon in the mail a couple weeks later.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the info. please tell us also about county conventions etc. I have been traveling state to state to volunteer for Dr Paul, and am heading to Alabama tomorrow. I will surely get mine filed PRONTO, but I'll need to know when to be back here for the Franklin County convention.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Also, I'm thinking of running for US Congress in 2010. ;)

AlbemarleNC0003
01-25-2008, 12:18 AM
you have to register republican at your county Board of Elections. It took me 5 minutes, just went in and changed to republican by filling out a new card. i got my new voter registratiuon in the mail a couple weeks later.

I did that 3 months ago. How do I register to be a delegate? Where are the rules for NC? The local GOP is worthless.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 12:30 AM
I believe you attend the county convention and raise your hand, make a little speech, and let people vote on you. could be wrong though. that was just a guess.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-25-2008, 01:50 AM
I believe you attend the county convention and raise your hand, make a little speech, and let people vote on you. could be wrong though. that was just a guess.

ok. Thanks. The GOP here is useless.

Bossobass
01-25-2008, 08:58 AM
I've been following the Mecklenburg County calendar for a while and have yet to see any date for the convention.

Can anyone out there give a shout out in this thread when the date is known, or how else can I find out when and where. I've been waiting for this moment for months.

I have persuaded 7 of us to register and become delegates, and I don't wanna screw up at this point.

Bosso

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
I've been following the Mecklenburg County calendar for a while and have yet to see any date for the convention.

Can anyone out there give a shout out in this thread when the date is known, or how else can I find out when and where. I've been waiting for this moment for months.

I have persuaded 7 of us to register and become delegates, and I don't wanna screw up at this point.

Bosso

March 8 http://ronpaul.meetup.com/127/calendar/7068207/

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I did that 3 months ago. How do I register to be a delegate? Where are the rules for NC? The local GOP is worthless.

in NC. you just attend your precinct and county convention as a registered republican and tell your community members that you want to be a delegate and get someone to cast a vote in support for you be elected as a delegate. (ask your county supporters if you have to be comitted for Paul or not) I think a person can give a speech for Paul maybe and tyr to persuade people to cast a vote for you, or make sure you have someone in your precinct attending with you also to vote for you.

Then in the County convention which usually immediately follows delegates elected in teh porecinct meetings vote for other delegates in this county convention and the field gets narrowed down as those elected delegates then attend the district and State conventions.

nc has some complicated rules i think designed to exclude candidates who's supporters dont attend the precinct meetings.

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 09:55 AM
but I'll need to know when to be back here for the Franklin County convention.

I just found that the Franklin county Precinct meetings are being held on different days and they havnet decided the date yet (i suspect in attempt to exclude Paul supporters...)

SO you will need to contact your precinct chairman or stay in touch with them somehow), so you have a roadblock you will carefully have to navigate (you must be at the precinct meeting to become a delegate or vote for a delegate) this is how they exclude people.

>>>>>>edit<<<<< your precinct meeting is March 8 and your county convention is march 28 - you need to attend precinct meeting to vote in delegates or become a delegate to vote at the county/district/state conventions.

good luck!

Allen72289
01-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm registered Republican.

So, I just go to the convention and declare myself a delegate? :confused:

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm registered Republican.

So, I just go to the convention and declare myself a delegate? :confused:

You must first attend your Precinct convention. Its different in every county, and some are on the same day as the County convention and some are before the County convention.

at the precinct convention i think you need someone from your precinct to vote for you as a delegate. is there any other paul supporters in your county? do you have a meetup group?

what county are you in? ill see if i can look it up for you.

MozoVote
01-26-2008, 08:50 PM
I think it may be a good idea to just talk local/state issues at the precint meetings. If you're asked about presidential preferences, change the subject - just start complaining about Hillary how anyone else is better to keep the Clintons out. :)

rancher89
01-27-2008, 07:41 AM
mozovote, where in Charlotte are you?? are you a member of our meetup here in Charlotte?? Not trying to be nosy, well, maybe I am, but anyway....I'm in precinct 228, yes I'm a captain, what's your precinct? Are you district 12 or 9??? We are having a meeting today at 3:00 at Skyland Restaurant on S Tryon (just north of Woodlawn) to discuss getting organized for NC WITH campaign input!!!!

pm me for more info!

MozoVote
01-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm in precint 59 district 9. I don't always make the meetups but I will definately be at the precinct meeting on March 8 for Mecklenburg county.

Mecklenburg Republican Party

Precinct Meetings
Gubernatorial Debate and
County Convention

Saturday, March 8, 2008

8:00 - 8:45 am - Registration
9:15 - 9:45 am - Precinct Meetings
10:00 - 11:00 am - Gubernatorial Debate
11:00 am - County Convention

UNC - Charlotte
McKnight Hall in Cone University Center
on University Road

phill4paul
01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/NCSBE/VR/VR%20Forms/form06.pdf

Go here/fill out/print out.
Take to your county court house tomarrow.

MooCowzRock
01-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Anyone know how itsgoing to go down in Raleigh? I have been looking for info, but its impossible to find...

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Anyone know how itsgoing to go down in Raleigh? I have been looking for info, but its impossible to find...

Delegates are what we are fighting for, specifically. I do not know what will happen in Raleigh, but I did want to bump this thread.

MooCowzRock
01-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Delegates are what we are fighting for, specifically. I do not know what will happen in Raleigh, but I did want to bump this thread.

Good...then I'm going to finally register Republican tomorrow...

Bradley in DC
01-29-2008, 11:30 PM
bump

rancher89
01-30-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm in precint 59 district 9. I don't always make the meetups but I will definately be at the precinct meeting on March 8 for Mecklenburg county.

Mecklenburg Republican Party

Precinct Meetings
Gubernatorial Debate and
County Convention

Saturday, March 8, 2008

8:00 - 8:45 am - Registration
9:15 - 9:45 am - Precinct Meetings
10:00 - 11:00 am - Gubernatorial Debate
11:00 am - County Convention

UNC - Charlotte
McKnight Hall in Cone University Center
on University Road

What about District meetings? Aren't they usually in the same bldg? District 12 is so long and skinny, how do they expect anyone to show up for the convention??? Just look at the district map, no wonder everyone screamed about it when it was created, I've never seen anything quite like it!!!!!

Pat Armstrong
PCT Captain, 228
District 12

next
02-02-2008, 10:40 AM

Does anyone have info for Durham?

AlbemarleNC0003
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I just found that the Franklin county Precinct meetings are being held on different days and they havnet decided the date yet (i suspect in attempt to exclude Paul supporters...)

SO you will need to contact your precinct chairman or stay in touch with them somehow), so you have a roadblock you will carefully have to navigate (you must be at the precinct meeting to become a delegate or vote for a delegate) this is how they exclude people.

I don't have a precinct chair. Heading down to the local GOP office Monday to talk to them. They are supposed to give 10 days notice before the precinct votes and the county delegate vote from what I was told. It's almost as if they don't want anyone involved here.

Allen72289
02-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Does anyone have info for Durham?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Become a precinct captain and you'll find out.

next
02-02-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Become a precinct captain and you'll find out.

Thank you for your non-responsive reply.

cayton
02-05-2008, 08:34 AM
NC GOP website says you can register up to 25 days before the election.. is this untrue? They've had that info up for months without changing it.. are you sure you had to be registered by jan 31?

matthylland
02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Watauga County Republican Party County Convention will be on Saturday March 1 at 10:00am at the County courthouse in downtown Boone.

charlotteronpaulguy
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
NC GOP website says you can register up to 25 days before the election.. is this untrue? They've had that info up for months without changing it.. are you sure you had to be registered by jan 31?

I just got off the phone with the NC Board of Elections and they said we have until April to register and vote in the primary.

MozoVote
02-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Party rules say that they have to publish an announcement of the precint meetings in the legal notices. They can't completely cover it up. If there's any doubt, find out what newspaper the GOP used in your county last year, and keep watch. You might be able to find examples in the library...

It may be in small print though and buried between the obituaries and delinquent tax notices. :)

nc4rp
02-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Jan deadline was to register republican and participate as a delegate and vote for delegates in the Precinct, county, district, state and national GoP conventions.

The April 6th deadline is to register as independent or republican for the Statewide Republican Primary Election (May 6th)