PDA

View Full Version : Our strident voice helps spread the message! - Fair FOX news interview..

shasshas
01-20-2008, 05:48 AM
To give us all encouragement: This video talks about how the Ron Paul Revolution, in being so active (and chasing Hannity) is making people sit up and take notice. People are saying "Hey! Why are they SO WORKED UP?"
and YEA we are worked up and it helps people take notice !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_nHlsjqpMU

the video is a FOX interview with Ron Paul which actually discussed his veiws fairly.

so YEA PEOPLE WE ARE DOING A-OK!!!

MRoCkEd
01-20-2008, 06:13 AM
I liked it

randomname
01-20-2008, 07:15 AM
That's not fox news, it's a fox affiliate. These tend to actually be fair.

phree
01-20-2008, 07:38 AM
To give us all encouragement: This video talks about how the Ron Paul Revolution, in being so active (and chasing Hannity) is making people sit up and take notice. People are saying "Hey! Why are they SO WORKED UP?"

There is no evidence that chasing Hannity through the streets of Manchester has helped the campaign in any way. None. You can't know how we would be doing now if people had campaigned in a respectful, non intimidating way. I was in NH for two weeks as a volunteer and believe that for all of our effort we had little positive effect. I saw volunteers harassing residents, canvasing with poor hygiene and dirty clothes, doing sign waves that looked more like angry protests in Dr. Paul's name, and of course, chasing TV pundits. I also talked with dozens of local residents and most of them were either simply turned off by our antics or they were openly hostile.

In my opinion it's arrogant to believe that good press comes from angry and frustrated volunteers chasing pundits. Don't you think it might have more to do with Dr. Paul's message which he delivers in a calm and rational way?

By all means we should be encouraged by good press like this interview, just don't bruise your hands patting yourselves on the back. For all we know Dr. Paul could be doing much better if more grassroots volunteers could manage to present themselves in a more positive way. By all means, get out, talk to neighbors and wave signs, but please present yourself in a way that will reach out to Americans that aren't quite as informed or angry as we are.

silence is betrayal
01-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Maybe we should all dress up in business suits when we go out. That would clean up our image and people would immediately take notice.

Quirkydude
01-20-2008, 07:52 AM
It isn't the local Fox stations that are the problem

WilliamC
01-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Protest can be good.

Violence never is.

"Chasing Hannity" tactics done in the correct way (no vulgarity, no throwing anything, stay far enough away so that you aren't intimidating) can be very effective. If the only thing that happens is that a group of people stays ~50 feet away from him shouting "Ron Paul" or "Fox Unfair" is within the bounds of a good protest.

But it only takes one idiot to turn an effective protest into a violent confrontation, so be very careful with this type of tactic.

shasshas
01-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Protest can be good.

Violence never is.

"Chasing Hannity" tactics done in the correct way (no vulgarity, no throwing anything, stay far enough away so that you aren't intimidating) can be very effective. If the only thing that happens is that a group of people stays ~50 feet away from him shouting "Ron Paul" or "Fox Unfair" is within the bounds of a good protest.

But it only takes one idiot to turn an effective protest into a violent confrontation, so be very careful with this type of tactic.

very good advice. pls be careful not to overstep the mark.

robert4rp08
01-20-2008, 08:14 AM
That was a very nice interview. He should've stayed longer. The interviewers were extremely fair.

dblee
01-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Maybe we should all dress up in business suits when we go out. That would clean up our image and people would immediately take notice.

I dress nicely but avoid doing this because it could easily cause people to think I'm a jehovah's witness or from the LDS... (no offense to you folks, but it's hard enough getting people to answer their doorbell for a stranger around here) :D

constituent
01-20-2008, 08:30 AM

c'mon now, we might be crazy but dressing up like criminals isn't going to help the cause much either.

pcosmar
01-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Protest can be good.

Violence never is.

Though I hope for a peaceful Revolution, I have to disagree.
So would these folks.
http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/revolution/revgfx/bost-mass2.jpg

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nchalifa/2first_blow_4_liberty.gif

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=62610&rendTypeId=4

http://www.valdosta.edu/~kthomaso/img-washington-crossing-delaware-x500.jpg

Though I hope for better, to deny the rightful place of violence, is to accept tyranny and injustice.
Those that will sell out this country have NO qualms about it.

Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

phree
01-20-2008, 08:40 AM
c'mon now, we might be crazy but dressing up like criminals isn't going to help the cause much either.

:D Good one!

I agree that wearing a business suit only works if that's what you normally wear. Shaving and showering is good start, you'd be surprised how many NH volunteers failed to accomplish this.

edit: The people I'm referring to where not NH residents.

liberteebell
01-20-2008, 08:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_nHlsjqpMU

the video is a FOX interview with Ron Paul which actually discussed his veiws fairly.

so YEA PEOPLE WE ARE DOING A-OK!!!

I really, really, really think local media is the way to go. Seems RP usually gets fair treatment on local shows (what local talking head wouldn't want to interview a presidential candidate??). Besides, RP is so nice and friendly and that seems to come across on local media as opposed to national. I wish the campaign would take advantage of all the free local media!!!!!

phree
01-20-2008, 09:40 AM

At first I thought this was a funny comment, but now I see it as less than harmless.

I know it seems innocent enough to make a joke like that, but I think this goes to the root of the problem with grassroots volunteers. Many people can't let go of their contempt for establishment types and it shows in their efforts. The establishment is the majority and these are exactly the people we need to win for Dr. Paul. These are exactly the people who we aren't reaching. People who write off whole blocks of voters are not helping the campaign.

PEOPLE WHO WEAR BUSINESS SUITS ARE NOT OUR ENEMIES.

OLD PEOPLE ARE NOT OUR ENEMIES.

PEOPLE WHO CURRENTLY BELIEVE WE NEED TO BE IN THE MIDDLE EAST ARE NOT OUR ENEMIES.

People who alienate any undecided voters from our cause are our enemy.

fj45lvr
01-20-2008, 10:08 AM
In my opinion it's arrogant to believe that good press comes from angry and frustrated volunteers chasing pundits. Don't you think it might have more to do with Dr. Paul's message which he delivers in a calm and rational way?

You're problem is that you actually still believe that this is an issue of "rationality"....

We are seeing first hand a bona fide example of how it is NEVER about rationality and ALL ABOUT the work of "demagogues" and PROPAGANDA.....they will NOT allow "straight talk" to get out there because it could alter the outcome of those that are "paying" for it and PAUL is their worst nightmare.

If anything the "principles" in these propaganda agencies need to be HIT HARDER, MORE FREQUENTLY and UNRELENTING (that is an actual "revolution" in the same spirit of our former "sons of liberty" that shook the establishment up in our first revolution).

What do you think it takes to oust the demagogues?? They are backed by money, people in high places and control the most influential medium in the world.

phree
01-20-2008, 10:23 AM
You're problem is that you actually still believe that this is an issue of "rationality"....

We are seeing first hand a bona fide example of how it is NEVER about rationality and ALL ABOUT the work of "demagogues" and PROPAGANDA.....they will NOT allow "straight talk" to get out there because it could alter the outcome of those that are "paying" for it and PAUL is their worst nightmare.

If anything the "principles" in these propaganda agencies need to be HIT HARDER, MORE FREQUENTLY and UNRELENTING (that is an actual "revolution" in the same spirit of our former "sons of liberty" that shook the establishment up in our first revolution).

What do you think it takes to oust the demagogues?? They are backed by money, people in high places and control the most influential medium in the world.

It will take rationality to win. People who claim otherwise have already given up.

Anger and rationality are antithetical. Display your anger and frustration and you will recruit the angry minority which is the 4-11 percent we have been winning.

It's true that the MSM will censor Dr. Paul's rational message, that's why we can help most by presenting it for him, in his fashion.

Your problem is that you've already given up on rationality. Please disengage from this political movement until you regain your rationality.

fj45lvr
01-20-2008, 10:35 AM
It will take rationality to win. People who claim otherwise have already given up.

Anger and rationality are antithetical. Display your anger and frustration and you will recruit the angry minority which is the 4-11 percent we have been winning.

It's true that the MSM will censor Dr. Paul's rational message, that's why we can help most by presenting it for him, in his fashion.

Your problem is that you've already given up on rationality. Please disengage from this political movement until you regain your rationality.

Wrong. tell that to Jesus how tossed the money changers in the Temple.

Anger is a good thing and just needs the correct channeling under an ORGANIZATION to "attack" the enemy. You are under the impression that we are going to be able to TALK people over but we are in a WAR my friend and our first revolution proves all to well that the matter is not going to be settled with words when you are dealing with tyrants that abuse the people (which is exactly our case then and now). As our founders recorded it is more likely that people will suffer the abuses rather than uphold their DUTY to throw off the tyrants. DIRECTLY attack the tyrants in confrontation rather than think you are going to convince the rest of the abused of the facts....cut the head off of the snake.

fj45lvr
01-20-2008, 10:42 AM

I am still waiting for an answer to this question.

you tell one person at a time and they tell 15 million at a time.

Pete Kay
01-20-2008, 11:02 AM
To the people that think this is just a FOX affiliate, you are wrong. I get this show in Charlotte, NC. It's a midday talk show that comes on FOX not FOXNews.

WilliamC
01-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Though I hope for a peaceful Revolution, I have to disagree.

So would these folks.

Though I hope for better, to deny the rightful place of violence, is to accept tyranny and injustice.
Those that will sell out this country have NO qualms about it.

Let's not jump the shark quite yet.

Hopefully we are not at the point where working within the system is futile.

After all, Ron Paul has been working within the system for ~30 years, and for the first time he has awakened the remnant.

So let's not start talking about a violent revolution as part of the Ron Paul rEVOLution, they are not the same thing.

Melissa
01-20-2008, 11:10 AM

This is something we should really really think about more in the sense it is cheap in that most have at least one good outfit and maybe it would be something new for this revolution, because from what I see when the little workers bees get bored they like to sting others maybe try something new in these last two weeks before Super Tuesday

pcosmar
01-20-2008, 11:11 AM
PEOPLE WHO CURRENTLY BELIEVE WE NEED TO BE IN THE MIDDLE EAST ARE NOT OUR ENEMIES.

Yes they are.
They are my enemy, they are stealing from ME.
They are driving up prices I have to pay.

They are enemies of truth
They are enemies of Freedom.
I ain't gonna sugar coat it.

amy31416
01-20-2008, 11:12 AM

I agree. When I canvass I dress very conservatively.

This was a good interview, it sounds like Paul has a cold though.

pcosmar
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Let's not jump the shark quite yet.

Hopefully we are not at the point where working within the system is futile.

After all, Ron Paul has been working within the system for ~30 years, and for the first time he has awakened the remnant.

So let's not start talking about a violent revolution as part of the Ron Paul rEVOLution, they are not the same thing.

It is not jumping the shark.
I am NOT starting anything nor advocating violence.
I am saying that it is inevitable.

fj45lvr
01-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Yes they are.
They are my enemy, they are stealing from ME.
They are driving up prices I have to pay.

They are enemies of truth
They are enemies of Freedom.
I ain't gonna sugar coat it.

they are also making us LESS secure by making it more likely we will be attacked at home or abroad (which makes them the enemy of our security).

Geronimo
01-20-2008, 11:28 AM
There is no evidence that chasing Hannity through the streets of Manchester has helped the campaign in any way. None. You can't know how we would be doing now if people had campaigned in a respectful, non intimidating way. I was in NH for two weeks as a volunteer and believe that for all of our effort we had little positive effect. I saw volunteers harassing residents, canvasing with poor hygiene and dirty clothes, doing sign waves that looked more like angry protests in Dr. Paul's name, and of course, chasing TV pundits. I also talked with dozens of local residents and most of them were either simply turned off by our antics or they were openly hostile.

By all means we should be encouraged by good press like this interview, just don't bruise your hands patting yourselves on the back. For all we know Dr. Paul could be doing much better if more grassroots volunteers could manage to present themselves in a more positive way. By all means, get out, talk to neighbors and wave signs, but please present yourself in a way that will reach out to Americans that aren't quite as informed or angry as we are.

I agree. Before OLFoD came to NH there were a few ugly letters to the editor in my local paper regarding the conduct of Ron Paul supporters at at least 2 different events.

phree
01-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I can't quote you directly pcosmar, because I don't want to bother removing you from my ignore list.

People who support the current foreign policy aren't our enemies, the people who have decieved them are. Those who support these wars are ignorant and scared and should be treated with kindness. I think Jesus said something about this...

By framing ignorant people as the enemy you sabotage this campaign. The primary goal of this forum and this campaign in general is converting uninformed and undecided voters to Dr. Paul's cause.

By alienating the misinformed masses you are promoting a strategy that will not work to get Dr. Paul elected.

Caravello
01-20-2008, 12:21 PM
That's my local news broadcast. They are nothing like FNC.

fj45lvr
01-20-2008, 02:50 PM
I can't quote you directly pcosmar, because I don't want to bother removing you from my ignore list.

People who support the current foreign policy aren't our enemies, the people who have decieved them are. Those who support these wars are ignorant and scared and should be treated with kindness. I think Jesus said something about this...

By framing ignorant people as the enemy you sabotage this campaign. The primary goal of this forum and this campaign in general is converting uninformed and undecided voters to Dr. Paul's cause.

By alienating the misinformed masses you are promoting a strategy that will not work to get Dr. Paul elected.

You just described how a 18 year old kid from a small town in Texas can be shot dead in Iraq....was he a "enemy" of the Iraqi people cause he was carrying a gun and apart of a group that has done some serious killing and damage??

the "pawns" are not "innocent" even if they are "ignorant".

phree
01-20-2008, 03:00 PM
You just described how a 18 year old kid from a small town in Texas can be shot dead in Iraq....was he a "enemy" of the Iraqi people cause he was carrying a gun and apart of a group that has done some serious killing and damage??

the "pawns" are not "innocent" even if they are "ignorant".

I'm sorry, and how do you use this logic to gain votes for Dr. Paul?

Mark
01-20-2008, 03:07 PM

QFT

The other day I took a 5 mile or so walk. I was dressed like a normal "exercise walker".

However, I was carrying a Ron Paul sign. I didn't wave it, I just carried it so that it was visible to cars coming and going.

I looked just like I was just walking down the street carrying something. Because I was.

But a LOT of people saw "Ron Paul For President" without having it shoved in their face.

fj45lvr
01-20-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm sorry, and how do you use this logic to gain votes for Dr. Paul?

you are interjecting the "gain votes for Paul" which was not the question to begin with when you tried to tell someone else that people that believe we need to be in the Middle East are not "enemies" (whatever "enemies" actually means) I think it is wrong to say flat out that they "are" or "are not" because the word "enemy" is a loaded one.

the thread is about the media which most certainly is an enemy (as they have proven by systematic and numerous unethical "reporting" on Paul). The fundamental issue we are dealing with is NOT the election of Paul it is much bigger than simply this election (which Paul has little chance to win because of the ENEMY).

To effectively win the BIG PICTURE: the "war", the enemy has to be attacked and destroyed (or they retreat). We already know that from what we see about the way wars have been waged as history as our teacher. the patriots of today must start to attack and do serious damage to the known enemy before it is too late (if it isn't already).

phree
01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
the thread is about the media which most certainly is an enemy (as they have proven by systematic and numerous unethical "reporting" on Paul). The fundamental issue we are dealing with is NOT the election of Paul it is much bigger than simply this election (which Paul has little chance to win because of the ENEMY).

To effectively win the BIG PICTURE: the "war", the enemy has to be attacked and destroyed (or they retreat). We already know that from what we see about the way wars have been waged as history as our teacher. the patriots of today must start to attack and do serious damage to the known enemy before it is too late (if it isn't already).

I used the term "enemy" because someone likened people in business suits to criminals. That is the mentality I was addressing. That is the mentality that is costing this campaign votes, constituent.

I understand that the MSM is working against us, in some cases purposefully. "Attacking" the MSM would be folly if we're using the word "attack" in it's normal sense. That was my earlier point that chasing pundits is counter productive (costs votes). We aren't bigger or more powerful than the MSM so we need to be smarter. Rallies that look like protests aren't smarter because they can so easily be spun to make us look like a group of lunatics. Jerks who can't control their impulse to scream and chase people down the street are working to tank this campaign.

There, I hope that gets the thread back on track.