PDA

View Full Version : why don't we expose McCain of his POW betrayal?

quantized
01-20-2008, 03:58 AM
http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

i am wondering...

jrich4rpaul
01-20-2008, 04:03 AM
We need to expose everything we can.

People are voting for him because they think he's against the war... that's a major thing we need to get on.

Phantom
01-20-2008, 04:12 AM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/br5IANa348Q/default.jpg - McCain has lost touch with reality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5IANa348Q)

jrich4rpaul
01-20-2008, 04:19 AM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/br5IANa348Q/default.jpg - McCain has lost touch with reality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5IANa348Q)

Great

rrcamp
01-20-2008, 04:49 AM
There is a donate button.... hmm...

derdy
01-20-2008, 04:49 AM
I've been saying this constantly.

The official campaign WILL NOT DO THIS so the grassroots needs to do our own swiftboat of McCain!!

Use his own MSM sound/video bites against him!

Form a goddamned PAC, create a video using his "stay in Iraq 100 years" and "I'd go to war in Iraq knowing there weren't WMD's", money-bomb the HELL outta that ad, and bring his sorry campaign to its knees!

Why isn't everyone all over this? It's not even unethical, it's using his own words against him!!!!!

GET ON IT!

quantized
01-20-2008, 04:51 AM

The official campaign WILL NOT DO THIS so the grassroots needs to do our own swiftboat of McCain!!

Form a goddamned PAC, create a video using his "stay in Iraq 100 years" and "I'd go to war in Iraq knowing there weren't WMD's", money-bomb the HELL outta that ad, and bring his sorry campaign to its knees!

Why isn't everyone all over this? It's not even unethical, it's using his own words against him!!!!!

GET ON IT!

+1

Phantom
01-20-2008, 05:14 AM
Did you know, Senator John McCain voted against making Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a federal holiday in 1983. (http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/01/mccain_spends_m.php)

Racist Ad Against Harold Ford Approved By Terry Nelson, Senior McCain Strategist. Terry Nelson, a senior strategist for McCain (now campaign manager), was the head of the independent expenditures operation for the RNC responsible for the content of the advertisements run against African American Senate candidate Harold Ford that experts said played on fears of interracial dating and made "the Willie Horton ad look like child's play." Despite Nelson's role in approving the ad, McCain strategist John Weaver said that Straight Talk America had no intention of firing him. [New York Times, 10/27/06; New York Times, 10/26/06; Union Leader, 12/8/06]

mokkan88
01-20-2008, 05:36 AM
"From the moral and ideological point of view he showed us he is an insensitive individual without human depth, who does not show the slightest concern, who does not appear to have thought about the crimincal acts he committed against a population from the almost absolute impunity of his airplane, and that nevertheless those people saved his life, fed him, and looked after his health, and he is now healthy and strong. I believe that he bombed densely populated places for sport. I noted that he was hardened, that he spoke of banal things as if he were at a cocktail party."
(Conclusion of Fernando Interview (http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/declassified_fernando_interview_1_24_1970.pdf))

What a heartless fuck.

quantized
01-20-2008, 01:13 PM
//

Redcard
01-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Did you know, Senator John McCain voted against making Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a federal holiday in 1983. (http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/01/mccain_spends_m.php)

Don't go with this. RP voted against it too.

WilliamC
01-20-2008, 01:17 PM

GET ON IT!

This is what a deep-pocket supporter could do best.

Run attack ads against the other candidates.

I don't know if the grassroots has the money/organization to put something like this so short notice.

For me I'll just focus on canvassing my precinct and such.

quantized
01-20-2008, 02:05 PM
more juicy McCain dirt coming up on youtube.

Laja
01-20-2008, 02:13 PM
we need to get that youtube video link with accompanying information to every mainstream news blogger we can. i submitted to drudge and huffingtonpost, but they haven't move forward on publishing the info yet. i hope somebody big picks it up.

Dave Wood
01-20-2008, 02:17 PM
John Mccain and the USS Liberty cover-up

Liberty Cover-Up and John McCain’s Conscience
by William Hughes
www.dissidentvoice.org
July 12, 2004

Send this page to a friend! (click here)

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is the “Conscience of the Senate.” Nevertheless, he won’t come clean about what really happened to the USS Liberty, at the hands of the Israelis, via napalm, gunfire, torpedoes and missiles, on June 8, 1967, 13 miles off the coast of the Sinai Peninsula. McCain’s conscience, it seems, has its limits. I suspect it’s because the powerful Israeli Lobby weighs in so ominously in Washington, DC, protecting the interests of its favorite country -- Israel -- and making sure the mostly mousey congress people are kept totally in line or else. (www.wrmea.com)

I wrote Sen. McCain, the “Conscience of the Senate,” back on March 8, 1997, pointing out to him that for “close to 30 years, the truth concerning Israel’s murderous attack on the USS Liberty has been covered-up...” I underscored for him that, “The conspiracy of silence concerning the Liberty must be ended now.” I urged him, “To stand up on the Senate floor and demand that Congress do its duty: investigate the Liberty affair...call all the survivors and all relevant witnesses to testify at a public hearing. Let justice, finally, be done for the fallen heroes of the Liberty.” (I found out later that one of the fallen heroes was Petty Office William B. Allenbaugh, a Baltimorean, who had graduated from my alma mater, Calvert Hall H.S.)

McCain declined my offer to raise his voice on behalf of the Liberty. He said that he wasn’t going to do anything about it because the “matter was thoroughly reviewed.” Really! In his letter to me, dated, April 28, 1997, he relied on the results of the now totally discredited Naval Court of Inquiry, which was conducted by Rear Admiral Isaac Kidd, USN. It began on June 10, 1967, and lasted less than a week. A scathing and devastating rebuttal of that seriously flawed Naval Inquiry can be found in the “Declaration,” dated Jan. 8, 2004, of Capt. Ward Boston, Jr., JAGC, USN (Ret). He was the senior legal counsel to the USS Liberty’s Court of Naval Inquiry. Boston said that Admiral Kidd, the presiding officer of the Court, felt that the attack was “deliberate” and that the Israelis were “murderous b.......” Boston added that Kidd was pressured by the White House and the Defense Department to return a finding that the attack was a result of “mistaken identity.”

The unprovoked assault on the Liberty, which lasted 75 minutes, killed 34 brave Americans and wounded 172 others (Assault on the Liberty, James M. Ennes, Jr. and James Bamford’s Body of Secrets). The Israelis were trying to murder all 294 Americans on board the surveillance vessel, sink it, and make it look like the Egyptians had done it (Operation Cyanide, by Peter Hounam). The Israelis claimed it was “a mistake,” (See, Zionist Israel apologist’s Ahron Jay Cristol, “The Liberty Incident.” Cristol also smears those demanding justice in the Liberty matter as “conspiracy theorists.”)

Now, here’s the kicker: One of the Navy bigwigs pushing hard for a sanitized Liberty inquiry was none other than Sen. McCain’s father, Admiral John S. McCain, Jr., Commander-in-Chief, Naval Forces Europe. He wanted the investigation done in less than a week. Boston said a “proper inquiry would take at least six months.” Admiral McCain also wouldn’t permit Admiral Kidd to travel to Israel or to contact any potential Israelis witnesses. In fact, according to Boston, the written affidavits of 60 witnesses from the Liberty itself, who were hospitalized at the time of the restricted Inquiry, were also excluded from the final report and not considered as part of the evidentiary record. Boston is convinced, too, that the Israelis’ machine-gunning of the Liberty’s lifeboats, while the crew was trying desperately to assist their colleagues that were seriously wounded, was “a war crime.” Boston said higher ups wanted “to put a lid on everything” concerning the Liberty.

Many competent and authoritative responses have been made to all of the lame excuses raised by the Israelis and their sycophants. For compelling evidence, check out the books of Ennes, Bamford and Hounam cited above; also, go to the www.ussliberty.org site itself, and its related links. Terrence O’Keefe’s insightful The Myth of Thirteen Investigations is a good place to start anyone’s education in a quest for the full truth, along with the excellent video, “USS Liberty Dead in the Water.”

So, McCain, the “Conscience of the Senate” wasn’t going to do anything about bringing justice to the Liberty! He did, however, say something else in his letter that made me feel suspicious about his do-nothing position. He said, “The attacking nation” did not submit any evidence or testimony on their behalf about the assault at the inquiry. “Attacking nation!” What is that suppose to mean? Why couldn’t McCain just come right out, he is the “Conscience of the Senate” after all, and simply say: The Israelis? Why use a deceptive term, like: “attacking nation?” Talk about Orwellian Double Speak! I can’t imagine McCain writing about the attack on U.S. forces at Pearl Harbor, on Dec. 7, 1941, and instead of stating up front that Japan was responsible, refer to that sneaky, militant aggressor as the “attacking nation.”

McCain may be known as the “Conscience of the Senate,” but considering the low reputation of that body, that’s not really saying much. I mean these are the same political weasels, led by that repulsive Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (D-Ct), who passed the USA Patriot Act in the middle of the night, without any public hearing. Then, they gave away their Constitutional war-making power, under Art. 1, Sec. 8, to President George W. Bush, Jr., so he could lie us into the Iraqi conflict. And, while the country was still reeling from all of that, the Congress enacted the draconian Homeland Security Law. McCain participated in all three of these gross violations of the public trust, acting as a lap dog for the hawkish Lieberman.

Now, having said all of that, everyone knows that McCain is a genuine war hero. He spent 7 dreadful years as a Vietnam POW, under some horrific conditions. He was a naval pilot, who was shot down on a bombing run over that beleaguered country. Some POWs, however, seem like bigger, more celebrated heroes than others. I think it depends on your family, and PR connections, too, and also your propaganda value, if you know what I mean. For example, it didn’t hurt McCain that his dad and his grandfather were both admirals in the U.S. Navy.

Meanwhile, my old buddy from South Baltimore, Harry Agro, was a U.S. Navy guy, and a POW, too. He was a gunnery mate on merchant marine ships and survived two sinkings. Somebody should make a movie about Agro’s harrowing war time experiences. He spent close to 3 years in a Japanese POW camp, Hakodate, on the northern most island of Hokkaido, during WWII. The racist Japanese guards, (they hated Americans), beat Agro viciously just about every day of the week. They also worked him almost to death in their coal mines, while giving him little to eat. Harry’s father, a native of Sicily, unlike McCain’s, was a blue-collar worker. So, nobody has heard much about his son’s POW ordeal. McCain, yes. Agro, no. Even so, Agro will always be one of my personal heroes.

Finally, important and relevant disclosures have been made regarding the Liberty matter, since the “Conscience of the Senate” sent his half-baked letter to me on April 28, 1997. During this presidential election year, McCain will be making numerous campaign stops on behalf of the Bush-Cheney Gang. If you get a chance, ask him this question: “When are you going to stop covering-up about what really happened to the USS Liberty?”

acptulsa
01-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't go anywhere near McCain's Vietnam record. The thought of veterans in S.C. being fooled into voting for Mr. "100 years of war" because they want the troops home, however, makes me sick.

Please push this. Our veterans need to be protected.

homah
01-20-2008, 02:26 PM

Are people planning to smear him on anything now? How does this make us any better than the MSM?

ladyliberty
01-20-2008, 02:35 PM

GET ON IT!

+1000

It's time to stop being the nice guys!

quantized
01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
how can we get the info to McCain supporters?

Bruce4Ron
01-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't condone going down this road against Vets. This is too personal for the Grassroots to get involved in my opinion.

If there is a group out there that wants to get involved with this type of "swift boat" issue against McCain then let them do it.

We are too closely tied directly with Ron Paul because we use his name all over the place. We do not want to jeopordize this and give him a bad name. Let that other group do it on their own.

We do not want to get involved with this. McCain is seen by many as hero and anything with Ron Pauls name on it saying otherwise is going to bring down heat we don't want.

Mark
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
McCain is seen by many as hero and anything with Ron Pauls name on it saying otherwise is going to bring down heat we don't want.

We don't need to have Ron's name on it.

The reason it NEEDS to be done is because McCain IS seen as a hero. People VOTE FOR HIM because of it.

If we want people to NOT VOTE for McCain, which WE do, we NEED to expose him. That's common sense.

A great site with a lot of anti-McCain info: --> TheRealMcCain.com (http://therealmccain.com/)

Bruce4Ron
01-24-2008, 07:18 PM
The the only thing any one single person needs to say is "Ron Pauls grassroots support is endorsing this false story and rhetoric". That message then gets spread around the MSM and its done.

My advice is to stay far away from this. People aren't voting for McCain because he is a Vietnam War Hero. Leave that one alone because you won't win. The swift boats veterans looked like idiots in my opinion and Bush had to defend himself and distance himself from those people. Don't put Ron Paul in that position.

A good rule of thumb to go after the other candidates is to imagine Ron Paul saying it to them on national television. If Ron Paul won't bring it up than WE should NOT bring it up!

Attack him on his 100 year war and his lack of plans to fund it. Attack him on preemptively committing the unborn to a war for oil !!!

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-24-2008, 07:25 PM
John McCain's racist remark very troubling

Thursday, March 2, 2000

By KATIE HONG
SPECIAL TO THE POST-INTELLIGENCER

On his campaign bus recently, Sen. John McCain told reporters, "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." Although McCain said he was referring only to his prison guards, there are many reasons why his use of the word "gook" is offensive and alarming.

It is offensive because by using a racial epithet that has historically been used to demean all Asians to describe his captors, McCain failed to make a distinction between his torturers and an entire racial group.

(cont.)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml

kyleAF
01-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Don't touch the Vietnam Vet issues. He was a POW for several years and that pretty much makes him a god to the vets and military families out there.

We need to focus on Dr. Paul's strengths BY showing a corresponding lack in these strengths within the other candidates. E.g. economic knowledge, integrity of voting, strong conservative values, liberty-oriented philosophy, anti-war message, etc.

NOT something that's uber-sensitive to the light-hearted voters out there.