PDA

View Full Version : Billionaire not needed to make good ads

expatinireland
01-20-2008, 03:28 AM
If this campaign would have shelled out a couple million months ago to hire a professional team to make a few commercials on the main themes of the war and economy we would be much farther ahead in the polls.

Look at Huckabee he has far less money but his commercials are light years ahead of ours.

It takes talented professionals to get the job done. Amongst others a winning political ad team needs a great director, cinematographer, political communications expert, writer(s) and production manager.

The campaign could still do this if they wanted to. It doesn't take a long time to work up a world class 30 second commercial if you put the right team together. One day or less to brain storm the story board, one day or less to shoot and one day in post production.

To give an example from the music industry of how talented professionals can get good results quickly, look at the Traveling Wilburys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNEFSA7sKXA&feature=related). They wrote and recorded an album in about 10 days.

Heck there have been musicians out there putting their heart and soul and resources into recording great songs for this campaign with top end production values.

Why can't the campaign management get their head around this and do it?!

quantized
01-20-2008, 03:33 AM
how true... i hope the campaign realise this soon

itshappening
01-20-2008, 06:21 AM
agreed, it's too late now... he does have more professional looking ads though

expatinireland
01-20-2008, 09:47 AM
now that it is morning on your side of the world.

Alabama Supporter
01-20-2008, 09:51 AM
This is absolutely true. Huckabee has much better ads, and much less money. Hate to say it.

expatinireland
01-20-2008, 02:22 PM
hoping someone from the campaign might take note of this.

Victrix
01-20-2008, 02:27 PM
If this campaign would have shelled out a couple million months ago to hire a professional team to make a few commercials on the main themes of the war and economy we would be much farther ahead in the polls.

Look at Huckabee he has far less money but his commercials are light years ahead of ours.

It takes talented professionals to get the job done. Amongst others a winning political ad team needs a great director, cinematographer, political communications expert, writer(s) and production manager.

The campaign could still do this if they wanted to. It doesn't take a long time to work up a world class 30 second commercial if you put the right team together. One day or less to brain storm the story board, one day or less to shoot and one day in post production.

To give an example from the music industry of how talented professionals can get good results quickly, look at the Traveling Wilburys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNEFSA7sKXA&feature=related). They wrote and recorded an album in about 10 days.

Heck there have been musicians out there putting their heart and soul and resources into recording great songs for this campaign with top end production values.

Why can't the campaign management get their head around this and do it?!

+100

On the hopeful side of things there have been murmurs about impending change and shake-ups coming to National HQ. We can only hope that these rumors are true and that it is not too late to make a difference.

expatinireland
01-20-2008, 04:08 PM
this one last time now that the creative people on the west coast are now up and about.

kutibah
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Yes, the campaign should have done this long ago. For now I don't think much can be done or can it?

Alabama Supporter
01-20-2008, 04:27 PM
It should only take 2-3 days to churn out some high quality spots.

Lord Xar
01-20-2008, 04:30 PM
I think the issue is, HQ "thinks" they are good ads. They "think" they are effective...

expatinireland
01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I think the issue is, HQ "thinks" they are good ads. They "think" they are effective...

If true, that is very sad. :(

Whether HQ realizes it or not therefore, they are not in this to win. :confused:

When I bought into this campaign, I just assumed we had professional managers that would amongst other things hire the best TV ad production people available.

Our message might be based on ideas that are hundreds of years old but that message must be delivered using 21st century methods. Top political ads are a blending of ideololgy, psychology, science, art and technology and they can't be bought on the cheap.

If you are right Lord Xar, and if I was a praying man, I would start praying for deliverence by the rumored billionaires.