PDA

View Full Version : Rudy strategy on Florida... How should we play?

quantized
01-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Is that his scare tactics again? Telling people that he is dumping in all his 10million cash in that "winner takes all delegates" state so as to create a deterent for competition unless one is ready to out spend him?

Should Ron Paul take him on? Maybe Rudy's straight flush hand could just be a one nine and an ace pair...

ronpaulyourmom
01-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Very hard for us to win in Florida. The deck is stacked there. We should unofficially skip the state and campaign heavily in California up until Feb 5th. The goal should be to turn our 8% into 20% so that we get MSM coverage between FL and Feb 5th.

hueylong
01-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Florida a waste of time -- Julie will have his hands full with Mac, Huck and Romney...

We have Louisiana, Maine, and 21 Super Tuesday states to work on over the next two and a half weeks.

Knightskye
01-20-2008, 02:53 AM
I guess us not being in Florida to once again trump Rudy wouldn't be such a bad thing. Rudy probably doesn't have any support in Florida anymore, and they all like Ron Paul.

Lol, I watched a video - on CBS, I think - where Giuliani told a crowd in Florida to "vote now instead of the 29th". Wonder what he's planning.

Joe3113
01-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Grassroots in Florida should continue to do their thing.

joe77
01-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Ron Paul will win Florida!

ValidusCustodiae
01-20-2008, 02:59 AM
Not sure what's so great about Maine.

TX, CA, LA, we need to make those the top 3 priorities. AZ, AR we might be able to dethrone McCain and Huck.

liberty_Forever
01-20-2008, 03:01 AM
Ron Paul is not going to win Florida. Please send me whatever you are smoking, because it sounds like it's pretty strong.

jabrownie
01-20-2008, 03:07 AM
Have the campaign skip Florida; it's too expensive, even if we blew our whole wad there, we'd still not get first, the other candidates are already fighting Ghoul there, and it's winner take all.

Instead, move on to a few of the doable Feb 5th states.
California, Louisana, Maine, and Texas; consider Illinois, anything else out west that's not winner take all.

Keep the Florida grassroots active though to build awareness, financial support, help for november. If you're in northern Florida, help in Georgia and Louisana instead though.

Them's my suggestions.

ClayTrainor
01-20-2008, 03:13 AM
Have the campaign skip Florida; it's too expensive, even if we blew our whole wad there, we'd still not get first, the other candidates are already fighting Ghoul there, and it's winner take all.

Instead, move on to a few of the doable Feb 5th states.
California, Louisana, Maine, and Texas; consider Illinois, anything else out west that's not winner take all.

Keep the Florida grassroots active though to build awareness, financial support, help for november. If you're in northern Florida, help in Georgia and Louisana instead though.

Them's my suggestions.

I agree with you 95%

I think people in florida need to help out in florida. Even if we dont win a strong showing still sends a message to people in other states.

ronpaulyourmom
01-20-2008, 03:16 AM
Every day between Jan 30th and Feb 5th they're going to talk about two polls.

National polls, and California polls. The most anybody is polling right now in California is like 20%-25%, and we're at 6-8%. If we go all-in on California after a strong showing in Nevada, that's our best chance to get real attention. The campaign needs to forget about every other state. The campaign needs to let the people of California know that we're gonna try and win them over, just like McCain did in NH.

Even if we don't get the nomination, a win in California is a great springboard to an Independent run. It will prove that we can win the biggest state in the country. It will prove that Ron is a contender. Everybody should call up HQ and recommend this course of action, I know that's cocky but I firmly believe this is our last hope for the primaries.