PDA

View Full Version : Economic Downturn and Silver

ihsv
01-19-2008, 11:11 PM
We all know where the economy is going. I'm too poor to buy gold in any meaningful quantities (in any quantity, actually), so I'm looking at silver as an alternative. Does anyone here have any advice as to the best/most reasonably priced places online to buy precious metals?

RP-Republican
01-19-2008, 11:13 PM
http://www.monex.com/expert/reason-to-own-silver.html

ihsv
01-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks!

Benaiah
01-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Go to the "economics and sound money" subforum (where your thread is most likely going to be moved to). Do a search there for gold and silver and you'll find over 20 threads that address your question.

Fox McCloud
01-20-2008, 12:40 AM
silver is the way to go; it hasn't spiked, yet, like gold has....it won't be too much longer before that happens.

also, ask for your change in pennies and nickels...they're worth more than their face value (1982 pennies and below, that is). If the pennies are above 1982, just cash them in, eventually, at the bank for nickels (or ask for pre-1982 pennies...if they'll let you)...or use it for "spare change" when you purchase items.

I recommend Steve Quayle www.stevequayle.com yeah, I know he's a "conspiracy theorist", but he's been in the precious metals business for a REALLY long time (and he was in the gun business, at one point in time too). His business is called "Renaissance Precious Metals".