PDA

View Full Version : Serious thread for a minute...

Ginobili
01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
...ok, so I thought I had converted a few people over to the Ron Paul side, one of them being a Ron Paul baby for christ sakes. But now, 4 of the people at church i thought i managed to convert are now trying to shove huckabee down my throat like they do christanity (hence the reason i've gone agnostic, i simply could not stand having a religion shoved down my throat), and the school teacher/ron paul delevered baby has gone to the FKING 100-YEAR MCCAIN CAMP! WHAT THE F*** is going on? Are people really that gullable that they can support Paul till some one says "Oh, he cant win! Hey, but check out this guy Huckabee, he was an ex-preacher (whos son tortured and killed a dog, which MUST mean his dad is VERY principled and moral, if he can teach him such good-ness)!."

Sorry for one long run on sentence, but w/e >_>

hueylong
01-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Don't worry about it. Focus on the long haul.

Goldwater Conservative
01-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Tell them that McCain and Huckabee don't need anymore votes, since so many other people are supporting them. Tell them voting for Paul will count more.

asgardshill
01-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I've run across this phenomena before. My friends tend to parrot what I've been telling them then go right ahead and vote for the other guy when it gets to nut-cutting time. Acquaintances are a bit more honest with me - they'll usually come right out and say they're voting for the other guy if they mean to. I talk down Ron Paul to my enemies and tell them to vote for Guiliani and they invariably turn right around and vote for Ron Paul ;)

heath.whiteaker
01-20-2008, 12:11 AM
wow. I've had no problem convincing my Mom and Dad both of which are pastors that RP is the only way to go. They were looking at dingle berry but I showed them my 10 reasons why i'm not voting for them. Plus his 26 ethics violations. Once they saw the facts they knew what to do.