View Full Version : if you want to discuss the BLIMP

mstrmac1
01-19-2008, 10:01 PM
come to this thread...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=95061&page=4

Management keeps moving it.

KewlRonduderules
01-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Please delete mods. The same people keep mentioning how they want to end the blimp. We know already- don't need 5 threads on it.

Thanks!

Thomas Paine
01-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Then return the blimp thread. Geez!

mstrmac1
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Then return the blimp thread. Geez!

Thank You!

KewlRonduderules
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM
No don't. Because it will create lots of arguing and conflict. I'm sure some of those persons who want to end the blimp want that.

mstrmac1
01-19-2008, 10:07 PM
No don't. Because it will create lots of arguing and conflict. I'm sure some of those persons who want to end the blimp want that.

Wrong [admin- remove personal attack, please read and follow the forum guidelines] .. I like the blimp... i dont like our best grassroot people focusing on it... we need them on the ground.

Thomas Paine
01-19-2008, 10:09 PM

A little arguing and conflict never hurt any organization. This is a political campaign, not some church group that meets only to hold hands and sing kumbayah in the church basement.

KewlRonduderules
01-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Wrong "Jerky"... I like the blimp... i dont like our best grassroot people focusing on it... we need them on the ground.

This is precisely my point. Mods please address.

Dave Wood
01-19-2008, 10:11 PM

Kewl Thank Gd you are here.

Man, the blimp isnt doing anything for us, my friend. It means zero to people it flys over during primaries. General election, it would do wonders, but primary voters think its stupid. It doesnt tell them anything KEWL. WHY should they google him? Talk to me man. I feel bad about this but the peeps in FLA and SC that I have spoken with LAUGHED at it. "It should say say go to starbucks to meet Ron Paul" or something like that...typical response.

mstrmac1
01-19-2008, 10:12 PM
"Kumbayah my lord...Kumbayah" come on everyone....sing. Jeez.

BTW thanks Thomas Paine for the back up on this.

Dave Wood
01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
for $650k we could have a slimjim in every single mailbox in America, with a brochure followup for any interested call-ins.

nascar
01-19-2008, 10:20 PM

Man, the blimp isnt doing anything for us, my friend. It means zero to people it flys over during primaries. General election, it would do wonders, but primary voters think its stupid. It doesnt tell them anything KEWL. WHY should they google him? Talk to me man. I feel bad about this but the peeps in FLA and SC that I have spoken with LAUGHED at it. "It should say say go to starbucks to meet Ron Paul" or something like that...typical response.

Agree, Stop collecting money for it. Don't work.

nascar
01-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Spend money on call phones. We need good communication.

Edu
01-19-2008, 10:22 PM

Man, the blimp isnt doing anything for us, my friend. It means zero to people it flys over during primaries. General election, it would do wonders, but primary voters think its stupid. It doesnt tell them anything KEWL. WHY should they google him? Talk to me man. I feel bad about this but the peeps in FLA and SC that I have spoken with LAUGHED at it. "It should say say go to starbucks to meet Ron Paul" or something like that...typical response.That's like saying that waving signs on the corner didn't do any good. Waving signs doesn't tell people anything, but gets the name out and gets their attention.

Donation counter on this page:
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

nascar
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Don't help to match in SC - %4 you well have with out blimp.

Dave Wood
01-19-2008, 10:27 PM
That's like saying that waving signs on the corner didn't do any good. Waving signs doesn't tell people anything, but gets the name out and gets their attention.

Good point! I think there is something more personel about seeing people on your street corner waving signs VS a blimp you have never seen offering something vague

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Please delete mods. The same people keep mentioning how they want to end the blimp. We know already- don't need 5 threads on it.

Thanks!

We didn't need 7-12 threads yesterday trying to raise money for the blimp either, when we've been trying to get money for the main HQ to actually win the election :mad:

Thomas Paine
01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
That's like saying that waving signs on the corner didn't do any good. Waving signs doesn't tell people anything, but gets the name out and gets their attention.

There is a time and place for every tactic. Waving Ron Paul signs on a corner two months before an election has a negligible effect on the outcome of an election. However, waving Ron Paul signs on a street corner on the day of the election does have a noticeable and positive effect on the outcome of an election.

Likewise, the blimp garnered some great nationwide free media for a few days. However, a story can only live so long in today's short media cycles and the noteriety of the blimp news story frankly died back in December after about a week.

rooteroa
01-19-2008, 10:36 PM
The blimp has clearly done nothing. Nobody should spend a cent on it. Meanwhile, the official campaign's funds got us 14% in Nevada.

leglock
01-19-2008, 10:38 PM
for $650k we could have a slimjim in every single mailbox in America, with a brochure followup for any interested call-ins.

That can't be true...

WOW.