PDA

View Full Version : HQ precinct leader address lists

berrybunches
01-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I signed up to be a precinct leader in Ohio and when I got my canvasing list I noticed my name on it was my maiden name....I have been married 6 months and had my name officialy changed for voting right away (I have lived in this same house a long time tho) I think these lists are outdated.

Thanks
Erin

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-19-2008, 09:54 PM
I signed up to be a precinct leader in Ohio and when I got my canvasing list I noticed my name on it was my maiden name....I have been married 6 months and had my name officialy changed for voting right away (I have lived in this same house a long time tho) I think these lists are outdated.

Thanks
Erin

My wife's maiden name was on our list here in Ohio, and we've been married a year. They might be old, but still useful. If you have concerns about it, you can contact the Ohio campaign coordinator for Ron Paul.

sharpsteve2003
01-19-2008, 09:59 PM
I think the list is from several sources. My name was not even on the list. you could add yourself as I did and then if it takes mark your old entry as wrong. Some of the Addresses have more than 3 different names on one address. I'm going thru my list and checking against yellowpages.com using reverse look up by address. Only enter the stret name with out the address number and it will give you info for the whole street. You can then check against list and add those not on list. They may not be registered voters yet but if your Primary is over like mine in Michigan, I want to contact them and see if they will register and vote for Ron Paul. I have voter registration forms with me when canvassing. Even if they can't register in time for your primary, they can be ready for Nov and might just sign up and help too.

Bradley in DC
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM
The information is dated, according to a lot of what people are saying. As I suggested, please augment their data with your own (street lookup, door-to-door, voter rolls if you can get them cheaply, etc.).

[Edited per Greg's post--thanks, Greg!]

sharpsteve2003
01-19-2008, 10:20 PM
I also have a copy of Delorme Street Atlas Plus which has Phone numbers built in. Just click on a street and it gives you all the numbers and names for that street. the 2008 version is available for around $60. If you work with others in the county you could share the cost and make it available for others to use. Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=software&field-keywords=delorme%20street%20atlas%20plus&results-process=default&dispatch=search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-1_software_37068366_1&results-process=default) has it for $25

ckhagen
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
The lists I have are very outdated. My neighbor is on there and she moved two years ago. I'm on there, but my husband isn't (he switched from IND to REP in October). I noticed one name on the list was a guy that died about a year ago...

skeryl
01-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I agree, just made several calls and the phone lines were disconnected or business numbers.

GregVernon
01-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Don't worry about the cost, if Ron got the lists from VoterVault (which he probably did) it didn't cost him anything.

For those who don't know, VoterVault is the Republican voter tracking program, which sells the information to all the annoying automated PAC systems and polling companies. Candidates can get the info for free though.

berrybunches
01-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks everyone! I was not really concerned about my last name change but it just got me curious as to how accurate these lists are. I will check against other sources as recomended...thanks for information on how to do that also!

also I do not know if I will go door to door or not - depends on if someone comes with me - I am pretty shy, but wanted to write personal letters with the correct names on them on least! :)

As always I appreciate the quick responses

Erin

sora
01-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Go to Ohio4RonPaul.com and look on the contacts page. Easy way to verify people's current status for your precinct.