PDA

View Full Version : Need to run ads in local newspapers, especially for early States.

literatim
01-19-2008, 09:26 PM
This really needs done.

Leslie Webb
01-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I think it would be better to design ads just for newspapers, rather than just use the flyers word for word for the ads.

I would like to see a series of ads for local papers explaining Ron's positions, such as:

- fiscal responsibility and the the war in Iraq
- the economy, how drastic tax and spending cuts under Ron Paul would revive the economy
- abolishing the Fed

The purpose of the ads would be to persuade registered Republicans, especially older Republicans, that Ron's policies are correct and that he is the only true conservative in the race.

The ads would be like an op-ed in the newspaper, but would have less text, more space, and thus be more readable. They would emphasize the fiscal crisis of the $9 trillion plus national, and the $50 trillion plus in unfunded liabilities for entitlement programs. (Use data from GAO head David Walker's presentation.) Emphasize in each ad that we cannot have an expensive, aggressive foreign policy and hope to resolve this crisis.

Leslie Webb
01-19-2008, 10:05 PM
I think it would be better to design ads especially for newspapers, rather than use the flyers just as they are for ads.

I would like to see a series of ads for local papers explaining Ron's positions, such as:

- fiscal responsibility and the the war in Iraq
- the economy, how drastic tax and spending cuts under Ron Paul would revive the economy
- abolishing the Fed

The purpose of the ads would be to persuade registered Republicans, especially older Republicans, that Ron's policies are correct and that he is the only true conservative in the race.

The ads would be like an op-ed in the newspaper, but would have less text, more space, and thus be more readable. They would emphasize the fiscal crisis of the $9 trillion plus national debt and the $50 trillion plus of unfunded liabilities for entitlement programs. (Use data from GAO head David Walker's presentation.) For the Fed ad give hard facts and figures on how inflation has devalued the dollar over the last 30 years. Emphasize in each ad that we cannot have an expensive, aggressive foreign policy and hope to resolve the country's fiscal crisis.