PDA

View Full Version : Official AZ GOP meeting today - RP 3rd in straw poll, Legis. says no to amnesty

thegr8drronpaul
01-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I went to the Maricopa County, Arizona Republican Party meeting this afternoon and it was quite obvious that Arizona does NOT like McCain (his own state). Hopefully the PUBLIC votes smart on Super Tuesday, but it was obvious today that members of legislation, at least, did not like him.

One guy (not sure if/how he is affiliated with McCain) stood up at the podium to try and propose an amendment to give benefits to ILLEGALS if they are stepping up for America and are "shedding blood" for us (military and also their families). Quite a few District Leaders came up to the podium to oppose the amendment, talking about the slippery slope and how we need to be firm on illegal immigration. One guy stood up and said obviously this would just open the door and they'd all come to sign up for the military. Anyway, the amendment proposal got smacked down hard.

Also, here are the straw poll results as well where RP got third and ALMOST 2nd !

http://sonoranalliance.com/

steph3n
01-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't get it, there is not any mention of Paul in the link you send and it has people like Rice, ataki, Hunter, etc

thegr8drronpaul
01-19-2008, 09:18 PM
He came up short of 2nd place by only 6 votes :)

thegr8drronpaul
01-19-2008, 09:19 PM
sorry, I accidentally posted wrong link. I editted it and it should work now above.

steph3n
01-19-2008, 09:20 PM
sorry, I accidentally posted wrong link. I editted it and it should work now above.

WOW they HATE huckabee!

hopeforamerica
01-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow, that's great! I was there and they didn't give the results by the time I left. The interesting thing is only about 50 of those Ron Paul votes are from meetup group members. That gives me hope, but we have a lot of ground to cover!!

susano
01-19-2008, 09:28 PM
National needs to campaign HARD in Arizona. RP could win there. Lots of media and PERSONAL APPEARANCES by Ron Paul.

Ron can promote:

GUNS

SECURE BORDERS

NO AMNESTY

GETTING RID OF THE BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT

Is there high tech industry in AZ? If so, A FREE INTERNET

PimpBlimp
01-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Contact HQ with this important information

susano
01-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Somebody needs to form a PAC and run anti McCain ads.

McCain has some UGLY ties to organized crime in AZ. Also his taking bribes from Keating should be brought up.

Romney would be the one to beat.

Lord Xar
01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Ron needs to get some VERY influential anti-illegal immigartion endorsements FAST!!!!

I think scand3 had a good suggestion.

thegr8drronpaul
01-19-2008, 09:43 PM
yes, absolutely. Anyone in AZ that is even somewhat informed knows that McCain hasn't done jack s*** against illegal immigration in this state. A direct comparison of McCain/Paul would be HUGE here.

Stealth4
01-19-2008, 09:46 PM
a post on alipac about what some Arizona politicians are trying to do to the new employer hiring enforcement bill

"Also, Arizona Representatives are proposing changes to our new Employer Sanctions Law to take all of the teeth out of it and make it nearly useless. Two of the AZ Represantatives pushing the 'backpedal' measures are Bill Konopnicki and Theresa Ulma. Coincidently, Theresa represents the Yuma AZ area where the border patrol agent was murdered in the line of duty today. Bill Konopnicki, owns a chain of fast food restaurants, and feels that he has experienced firsthand the burden of verifying new employees and feels that it is too much to require from employers. ...This argument while law enforcement officers are giving their very lives...."

Of course enforcement works, but if it hurts business no politician has the balls to stand up for it.

Enforcement is working http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=11&articleID=20080118_1_A1_spanc75878

RPsupporterAtHeart
01-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Wait.....Ron Paul got the fewest votes for Most Acceptable, and 2nd most in Unacceptable.

That really needs to be worked on. Especially being so close to McCain who is so very very different than Ron.

hopeforamerica
01-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Wait.....Ron Paul got the fewest votes for Most Acceptable, and 2nd most in Unacceptable.

That really needs to be worked on. Especially being so close to McCain who is so very very different than Ron.

People either love or hate Dr. Paul. We just need to get more love in our rEVOLution! I think it looks like we need to concentrate heavily in our mormon areas, if Mitt is doing so well. Once they see the light (and many do) we can win this thing!

susano
01-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay, this doesn't look good. Also, how does this vote work? 721 ballots cast, but then the other numbers, which are MUCH more than that number. I'm confused.

Here are the results out of 721 ballots cast:

Overall Votes (662 Votes):
#1 - Mitt Romney - 28.4% (188)
#2 - Fred Thomson - 18.3% (121)
#3 - Ron Paul - 17.4% (115)
#4 - Duncan Hunter - 14.0% (93)
#5 - John McCain - 12.1% (80)
#6 - Rudy Giuliani - 5.0% (33)
#7 - Mike Huckabee - 4.8% (32)

Most Acceptable (1781 Votes):
#1 - Fred Thompson - 20.8% (370)
#2 - Duncan Hunter - 20.1% (358)
#3 - Mitt Romney - 20.0% (356)
#4 - Rudy Giuliani - 13.2% (235)
#5 - Mike Huckabee - 11.6% (207)
#6 - John McCain - 7.6% (135)
#7 - Ron Paul - 6.7% (120)

Most Unacceptable (1949 votes):
#1 - John McCain - 21.9% (427)
#2 - Ron Paul - 20.3% (396)
#3 - Rudy Giuliani - 18.3% (357)
#4 - Mike Huckabee - 17.4% (340)
#5 - Duncan Hunter - 8.0% (156)
#6 - Fred Thompson - 7.8% (152)
#7 - Mitt Romney - 6.2% (121 )

Melissa
01-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Ok so someone in that state needs to check out cost of radio ads and maybe tv ads to see where to start?

susano
01-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Is AZ a primary or caucus state? How many delegates? When is it?

NocturnalC
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
AZ is a closed primary state that votes on Super Tuesday.

I attended a recent Republican Professionals meeting/straw poll and RP won with 80% of the votes counted. The whole venue was filled with us. Even hot looking chicks. But this state needs more advertising to crack it wide open here. We can beat Nevada with more work.........

hopeforamerica
01-19-2008, 10:02 PM
To answer a couple of questions. We are a Primary or rather Presidential Preference Election (PPE) state. Super Tuesday (Feb 5th).

As for the poll. You had to vote your first choice. Then, you got to vote each other candadie either acceptable or unacceptable. That's how there are more votes in those categories. So, it looks like you either love Ron Paul or hate him here! That means we need to work hard to get people to understand him better! We can hit our heavy Mormon areas too. I think that might be the good strategy.

As for advertising. It's VERY expensive to run an ad, even in our little local community paper it costs $800 for a one time ad. That's for a circulation of only about 30,000 people. I think we need to get our heads together for a strategy here, it is possible to win! We need those Nevada folks to return the favor and have them help us canvass! About 20 of us went up there, now it's your turn (hint, hint)

hopeforamerica
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM
AZ is a closed primary state that votes on Super Tuesday.

I attended a recent Republican Professionals meeting/straw poll and RP won with 80% of the votes counted. The whole venue was filled with us. Even hot looking chicks. But this state needs more advertising to crack it wide open here. We can beat Nevada with more work.........

That not a true picture of the county. The meeting today will reflect how the county will vote. We have our work cut out for us. I pray that anyone in AZ is canvassing their feet off!

Cleaner44
01-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I was there also. This is an important straw polls because this comes from Precinct Committeeman. Notice also that RP is one of the most unacceptable. We have our work to do because the entreched Republicans are so deep into the Neocon mind set that they see RP as weak on defense. This is what we must overcome. AZ will show strong for Ron Paul.