PDA

View Full Version : Let me make this abundantly clear to you all

hummtide
01-19-2008, 08:53 PM
I have maxed out my $2,300 in donations to the Ron Paul campaign, and I have spent well over $1,500 additional money for supplies for many others in SE Alabama and in Panama City. I dont give a flying rats a$$ f*** what any polls or you quitters say. Hell, or highwater, or both.. I am still NEVER giving up on Dr Ron Paul and his movement. If your apathy ridden self cannot handle the reality that rewriting history is actually HARD and a GREAT UNDERTAKING, then feel free to throw your "support" to any other losers running for president.

Ron Paul is this country's last damn hope and prayer, and as a 100% full supporter of this great man, you can bet your a$$ I will do everything in my power to help him get to the whitehouse. I didnt canvass over 2400 homes to just give up. SCREW THAT DAMN MENTALITY! I NEVER GIVE UP! EVER! IF ANY OF YOU DO, GET THE F*** LOST!

- Proud Ron Paul footsoldier of freedom in Dothan, Alabama

Son of Detroit
01-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Amen! You are a true patriot.

raheelp
01-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Werd.

Tonight we dine in the white house.

literatim
You want to send me some Slim Jims? :)

liberty_Forever
Amen, I am maxed out too. NEVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT FOR LIBERTY

steph3n
Never give up, but the campaign needs to focus :D

billyjoeallen
You are right. We gotta do this thing.

ValidusCustodiae
Yep, we don't need deserters.

RON PAUL 08!

Eponym_mi
+10000

jblosser
01-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Or as Sam Adams put it:

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"

I read this about 5 times a day.

amy31416
01-19-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm right there with you.

I just dumped my boyfriend because of all the arguments about politics, money, etc. He's gone. I'm going to max out on MLK day, I don't have much further to go.

flames2dust77
01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
I concur.

Let's get to work ppl.

The Revolution is here.

jblosser

I just dumped my boyfriend because of all the arguments about politics, money, etc. He's gone. I'm going to max out on MLK day, I don't have much further to go.

I'm happily married to a great lady who takes care of the 4 kids so I can spend tons of time on this campaign... but I'm sure you can find someone worthy of you somewhere around this campaign. :)

nate895
I have maxed out my $2,300 in donations to the Ron Paul campaign, and I have spent well over $1,500 additional money for supplies for many others in SE Alabama and in Panama City. I dont give a flying rats a$$ f*** what any polls or you quitters say. Hell, or highwater, or both.. I am still NEVER giving up on Dr Ron Paul and his movement. If your apathy ridden self cannot handle the reality that rewriting history is actually HARD and a GREAT UNDERTAKING, then feel free to throw your "support" to any other losers running for president.

Ron Paul is this country's last damn hope and prayer, and as a 100% full supporter of this great man, you can bet your a$$ I will do everything in my power to help him get to the whitehouse. I didnt canvass over 2400 homes to just give up. SCREW THAT DAMN MENTALITY! I NEVER GIVE UP! EVER! IF ANY OF YOU DO, GET THE F*** LOST!

You stole the words from my mouth.

steph3n

:eek: WOW!!!

Opulen
01-19-2008, 09:02 PM
I hear ya!! Go win Ron Paul!!

Kotin
01-19-2008, 09:04 PM
+1776

DAFTEK
01-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Well i said i would bump my $300 MLK day moneybomb to $500 if Ron gets in the top 3, he got 2 and i'm pumped now :D Im in this to the end write in the name on my ballot like i'm writing my Benjamin's ;)

Cleaner44
01-19-2008, 09:07 PM
No giving up! Every new state that we finish above 5% disproves FOX's claim that Ron Paul has no chance. The public is noticing that RP is not the "long shot" they were told he was.

RohanT
01-19-2008, 09:08 PM
drama queen

1town
01-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Word. If people didnt throw their vote, we would be getting twice the votes we're getting. (New hampshire exit polls showed that of the people who thought ron paul was the best man for the job, half of them voted for someone else)

Acidlump
01-19-2008, 09:39 PM
We are the sheepdogs of the revolution and it is our responsibility to herd the sheep away from the wolves and bring them to the safety of Ron Paul!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-19-2008, 09:40 PM

Here Here!!!

AlexMerced
01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Ya'll know you guys are stuck with me for the long haul :)

Spirit of '76
01-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Roll, tide, roll!

Abyss
01-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Amen man.

If I made more then I'd donate more, but I am doing my best (trust me).

And I'm giving $100 (or more... kinda hard tho) on 1/21

AlexMerced
01-19-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm doing 200, and I'm unemployed, hopefully I get some word back form my interviews soon :)

sgrooms
01-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm doing 200, and I'm unemployed, hopefully I get some word back form my interviews soon :)

what part of ohio? i have some stores out there.....

parma, mentor, and elyria.

Abyss
01-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Well I can give some money, and definatly my vote in AZ.

I did live in NV only 6 months ago (and had lived there all my life, in fact I know some folks in Nye county), but it looks like NV didn't need me after all.

AZ let it be NV all over again!

sgrooms
01-19-2008, 10:02 PM
no we plan on beating nevada

Voluntaryist
01-19-2008, 10:16 PM

QFMFT! Fuck yeah! :)

Cowlesy
01-19-2008, 10:16 PM
I always trying to be a moderating voice on here, not because I'm a Moderator, but because I'm a pragmatist.

But god damn it, screw this. It's time to put on the war paint and start busting heads in this thing. take off the safety and dump the clutch to go full bore on this.

I listened to the news in my apartment today and in the office, and all these guys are sounding just like Ron. It's time to expose these charlatans for the canard they spew.

I wish I had the eloquence of Randy (revolution9), but damn it it's time to take this to the new level.

No pussy-footing or bitching and moaning, hit the gas until your state is over, and then help out in adjacent state.

Put on the blue facepaint. Get to work.

Soccrmastr
01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
dude this thread post absolutely owns.

Abyss
01-19-2008, 10:22 PM
hit the gas until your state is over, and then help out in adjacent state
I think that NV came at the right time. There is momentum.

Cowlesy
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
I changed my avatar to reflect my change in attitude toward the campaign.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!

Hook
01-19-2008, 10:26 PM

I'm sure you can have many suitors here on these boards. :D

Cowlesy
01-19-2008, 10:27 PM
If You Love Freedom,

Give Me An Arrrgggh!!

Ginobili
01-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Ahem... I would just like to state...

Lets kick some fuckin neo-con ass! Horah!

...that is all.

Edit: Arrgghhh!

Trigonx
01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
this thread delivers!!!

Cowlesy
01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Ahem... I would just like to state...

Lets kick some fuckin neo-con ass! Horah!

...that is all.

Edit: Arrgghhh!

ARRRRGGGGH to you too!!!!!

slamhead
01-19-2008, 10:34 PM
right on...I am with you..!!

Jae0
01-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Arggggggggggh

Ginobili
01-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Bump!

Arrrggghhh!

Cowlesy
01-19-2008, 10:42 PM
If you aren't with us, people on these forums...

...THEN YE CAN WALK THEE PLANK!

ARRRGH.

Abyss
01-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Arggggghhh

voytechs
01-19-2008, 10:49 PM

Amen brother!!!

RevolutionSD
01-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Blump!

I'm with you bro!

kyleAF
01-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Arrggh!

We just boarded the ride. It's big time now...

I SWORE that I would support and defend the Constitution. If not now then WHEN??

Dave Wood
01-19-2008, 11:09 PM

My friend, we arent leaving this---ever. Everyone always comes back, no matter what the frustration, sometimes it takes hours, sometimes weeks/months we always come back. There is something here that is of value to everyone and it simply cant be denied.

jlizgar
01-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I will NEVER give up on Dr. Ron Paul and his message....long after he is gone, ill keep up the fight. Its not the man its the message, but the man does kick ass if I do say so myself ( I say this about a dozen times a day on various forums)!

Liz :)

MsDee
01-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Good thread, spread the message as much as you can. Even if he falls dead last, I will continue to try and inform people- If you aren't part of the Solution then you're part of the Problem, and the Solution is THE REVOLUTION!

bucfish
01-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Amen we must never give up. This movement has just begun!!!

Dave Wood
Arrggh!

We just boarded the ride. It's big time now...

...I've been complaining about the military preventing me from doing a lot in "partisan politics", but you know what???

I SWORE that I would support and defend the Constitution. If not now then WHEN??

It's on here in San Antonio! Precinct captain job, here I come...

Kyle, you are doing exactly what the DOC has been trying to get everyone to do. Be proud. Thomas Jefferson`s watching your back. We will be here when you get finished.:)

InLoveWithRon
We have to look at it like America depends on us.. If we lose then so does america.. And so many bad things will happen

Campaign and canvass like your life depends on it.. Because it does !! It's that simple

dima7b
01-19-2008, 11:17 PM
You know, if you look at history, Empires rise and fall, same with nations and countries and dynasties and etc. Nothing last forever. American won't last forever. I have accepted it form a history book point of view. That in a matter of 50 to 100 years, kids will be looking at their history books and seeing either "The rise of the 4th Reich" or "The second American revolution." I prefer the 2nd title ;)

We have the power to do whatever we want and we certainly can do this. I am not giving up and probably never will. Come November, RP will be either check-marked or written in when I vote. Everything happens for a reason!

Spirit of '76
01-19-2008, 11:25 PM

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. "

--H.L. Mencken

libertyguy
01-19-2008, 11:27 PM
hummtide
Senior Member About:

Let me make this abundantly clear to you all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when Washington and his troops were huddled at Valley Forge, he didn't give up! It looked bleak for the true Patriots at times. There were Loyalists that were traiters, there were deserters that went back to the farm, and there were opportunists that played to whichever side seemed to be winning at the time.

I have been discouraged at times in my life. When I read MCullough's book "1776" a couple of years ago, it renewed my vigor to fight against all odds. Heck, the victory at Trenton turned the course of the war.

People have to understand that at the onset of the Revolutionary War, less than half of the people wanted war against the British. The Patriots were a true minority. In this fight for our Liberty, I am by your side! If I am out of powder, I will fight in hand to hand combat. We will never give up this fight for our liberty! Even if Ron Paul is not elected President, our battle continues!

Amen, brother!!!!

RonPaulFTFW
01-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Amen.
no half measures.
we keep fighting until we win.

govtpigII
01-19-2008, 11:29 PM
I am with you all the way.

yongrel
01-19-2008, 11:32 PM
http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/07/24/lolcatsdotcoms3kwbhne1tnopgui.jpg

Brian Bailey
01-19-2008, 11:56 PM
With a Samuel Adams in my hand and Samuel Adams in my heart I know that I'll be ready to get back to work in the morning.

Let us not forget that often times before you finish first you have to finish second. Tonight we made progress worth celebrating.

wd4freedom
01-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Time for inspirational music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ONcIJ2E6c

http://hopeanthem.com/

hummtide
01-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Remember all.. This Revolution Will NEVER DIE not until everyone of us are!

PepperdotNet
01-20-2008, 12:21 AM
I will be donating what little money I can put my hands on come Monday. I am virtually broke all the time because of the cost of gas, they raise our property and local sales taxes every opportunity, not to mention the IRS has been harassing me the past few years. Regardless of that I will find "something" to donate.

This is the most important cause of our time, I have been praying all my adult life (a long time) that the True Patriots would become motivated and active before it's too late.

Edit: forgot to say AARRRRGHHH!!

parke
01-20-2008, 12:33 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1014183#post1014183

lets organize a huge music peace festival this summer.

Cowlesy
01-20-2008, 12:34 AM
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. "

--H.L. Mencken

Well said.
ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Leroy_Jenkems
01-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Freakin bump! F U Frank! [Damn I hate Frank...]

Anti Federalist
01-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Yarrrrrr!
http://triviana.com/film/mfilm/mcruss.jpg

Cowlesy
01-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Yarrrrrr!
http://triviana.com/film/mfilm/mcruss.jpg

LOVE IT.

ARGH!

Cyclone
01-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Hey, Nevada, AZ over here and CA over there need your Ron Paul signs! Share, share, share!

Pass those materials around.

Hey guys, I wish I could show you the coolest signs I just made. I got some glass beads that they use on the highways to make the stripes shine when the light hits them. (ok, so I bought 50 pounds worth) I sprinkle them into the paint on signs and they glow when car lights hit them!

I have no idea how to photograph that. You just have to see it to believe it. Sorry. But they look great.

Giving every dime I can on MLK day. Baby, we can win this thing!

Highstreet
01-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Or as Sam Adams put it:

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"

Damn that's great. Haven't read that before, in it's full quote.

amy31416
01-20-2008, 02:18 AM
If You Love Freedom,

Give Me An Arrrgggh!!

ARRRRRGH!

Now go on with yer bad self ;)

Brian in Maryland
01-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Well, I'm all fired up now. I was going to donate $100 on MLK day, I will up that some. Not sure how much, but definitely will be more. Hopefully at least double that.

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Michigan11
01-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Fire The Damn Cannons!!!

Arrrrrrrrgggggghhh

Kiltit
01-20-2008, 03:12 AM
Ain't got that much money to max out, but we did paint the North sisde of Dothan w/RP signs! We are bringing more and more people to the Ron Paul way of thinking. Keep on plugging and we will turn it to our advantage!!!!
GO RON PAUL &
FSU:D

einjun
01-20-2008, 03:14 AM
Or as Sam Adams put it:

wow .......

mongoose
01-20-2008, 04:00 AM
Or as Sam Adams put it:

bump for this quote.

rrcamp
01-20-2008, 04:46 AM
Badass

Mark
01-20-2008, 05:29 AM

Amen. TheFreedomRevolution is just beginning. It doesn't end with the campaign. The campaign is just the starting point.

pcosmar
01-20-2008, 05:56 AM
YO HO HO

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/32000/Pirate-Gothic--32167.jpg

Arrgggh!

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-20-2008, 05:58 AM

I love you :D

Kingfisher
01-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Whatever we donate, if Dr. Paul would win, we could be paid back multiple times in saved tax money and improved economy.

RonRules
01-20-2008, 08:41 AM
It's the best investment you can make. You either allow this country to go bankrupt or vote in Ron Paul.

inibo
01-20-2008, 08:44 AM

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!

Shiver me timbers!

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ~H.L. Mencken

1913_to_2008
01-20-2008, 08:46 AM

You heard him people....Get out there and Canvass NOW!

Cowlesy
01-20-2008, 08:47 AM
bump for rallying the patriots and rattling the metaphorical sabers of FREEDOM.

NoMoreApathy
01-20-2008, 09:48 AM
bump. Read the OP people!

InLoveWithRon
01-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I already maxed out.. But i got two relatives to max out tomorrow :)

And got 5 other relatives chipping in between $100 to $500.. The other 10 relatives who can't chip in, I got them to vote RP

InLoveWithRon
01-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Whatever we donate, if Dr. Paul would win, we could be paid back multiple times in saved tax money and improved economy.

That's exactly how I look at it.. Putting money into the campaign is an "investment" for the future

maggiebott
01-20-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm maxed out long ago but gave to the blimp and some of the other sponsers for Ron Paul. I never give up on freedom!

benhaskins
01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsVkV3AZqqI

mountaineer
01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Is it possible to bypass the 2300 number by donating in your childs name? I heard this but you know...."trust but verify". Anyone?

filmmaker58
01-20-2008, 10:03 AM
The longer we stay strong and committed, the more people will hear the message. yesterday, because of the efforts of the team I'm on, we took first place in Pahrump Nevada with over 1000 people voting. Don't give up! It can be done. We're in it for the long fight.
Remember, anyone who is not a Ron Paul supporter is just not educated yet. It's our job, and we're not going to get any help from anyone but Jack Cafferty. I'm maxing out tomorrow, plus I've given a bunch to the blimp.

"I love the blimp, even though I'm normally against inflation". Ron Paul

Ernest
01-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Bump for our posterity, bump for Liberty, bump for America.

And when Washington and his troops were huddled at Valley Forge, he didn't give up!

" . . . you might have tracked the army from White Marsh to Valley Forge by the blood of their feet."
- George Washington

A week before Christmas '77 Washington's army took up winter quarters at Valley Forge on the west side of the Schuylkill. Although the General's choice of location was sharply criticized, the site he had selected was central and easily defended. Then came a cruel race with time to get huts erected before the soldiers, barefoot and half naked, froze to death. Hundreds of horses did in fact starve to death, and for the army starvation was a mortal danger. "No meat, no meat!" was the constant wail. Improvements came about after Nathanael Greene assumed the duties of Quartermaster General on March 23rd.

Yet, despite the ever-present fear of mutiny, no real dissaffection occurred. As Hessian Major Baurmeister conceded, the army was kept from disintegrating by the "spirit of liberty." Men and officers accepted their tragic plight with a sense of humor and extraordinary forbearance, but it was an ordeal that no army could be expected to undergo for long. Nathanael Greene wrote to General Washington, "God grant we may never be brought to such a wretched condition again."

hummtide
01-20-2008, 10:27 AM
"Damn the torpedoes.. full speed ahead!"

-Adm David Farragut, Battle of Mobile Bay

DDMX
01-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Is it possible to bypass the 2300 number by donating in your childs name? I heard this but you know...."trust but verify". Anyone?

Hmmm.. Good Question

InLoveWithRon
01-20-2008, 10:32 AM

Not sure.. But if push comes to shove, just give the 2300 to a friend and have them make the 2300 donation themselves.. Be on the computer with them when they make the donation

Falseflagop
01-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Ron Paul !!

wowabunga
01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Mid day DJ on ronpaulradio said it best: "The day we lose is the day we give up".

Acidlump
01-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Aaaarrrrrggghhhh

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Yeppers. Usually we would have to get shot to defend the country.

This is EASY!

Revolution9
01-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Nevada has the bootlicking pundits sputtering sputum all over their teleprompters trying to justify their vapid prognostications, and tittter-tattering away on their keyboards issuing limp dishrag invectives. The other candidates are dropping out like cashed out johns at a Nevada broithel. The ones left in are puppeting Ron's message. Not because in the forefront of their grimy cesspit of a political mind that they will take the nomination and Presidency. No..these intellectual troglodytes do not work like that, for if the nomination was signed and sealed then they would be quintupling Guatanamo and planning their next Vatican City of the NWO in Tehran and annexing Pakistan as the 52 state. They are puppeting Ron's message because they heard, know and understand he will not compromise on his princoples, he has enormous boots on the ground and the mpst massive web footprint in the history of politics anywhere. his base is international in scope, and damn that baby doctor can raise some cash. These other clowns know they are working the system through backroom gambits and backdoor rigging. They know if we, The People, do not let the system get gamed they will be dealing with Ron and his delegates at the convention.

In the immortal words, paraphrased of course, of whomever said it, and as was quotted by Bugs Bunny, "We have only just begun to fight!".

Best
Randy

Christopher David
01-20-2008, 02:53 PM
FRREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

http://www.melsmegafans.com/hot11.jpeg

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Nevada has the bootlicking pundits sputtering sputum all over their teleprompters trying to justify their vapid prognostications, and tittter-tattering away on their keyboards issuing limp dishrag invectives. The other candidates are dropping out like cashed out johns at a Nevada broithel. The ones left in are puppeting Ron's message. Not because in the forefront of their grimy cesspit of a political mind that they will take the nomination and Presidency. No..these intellectual troglodytes do not work like that, for if the nomination was signed and sealed then they would be quintupling Guatanamo and planning their next Vatican City of the NWO in Tehran and annexing Pakistan as the 52 state. They are puppeting Ron's message because they heard, know and understand he will not compromise on his princoples, he has enormous boots on the ground and the mpst massive web footprint in the history of politics anywhere. his base is international in scope, and damn that baby doctor can raise some cash. These other clowns know they are working the system through backroom gambits and backdoor rigging. They know if we, The People, do not let the system get gamed they will be dealing with Ron and his delegates at the convention.

In the immortal words, paraphrased of course, of whomever said it, and as was quotted by Bugs Bunny, "We have only just begun to fight!".

Best
Randy

Source: "I have not yet begun to fight" -John Paul Jones
http://www.americanrevolution.com/JPJONES4.GIF

the most recognizable name of a naval officer of the American Revolutionary War is that of John Paul Jones. Historic sites associated with his story attract tourists from around the world. Jones was born John Paul on July 6, 1747, in Kirkcudbright, Scotland. At 12 he entered the British merchant marine and went to sea for the first time as a cabin boy.

Jones became first mate on a slaver brigantine in 1766 but soon left that trade in disgust. He was appointed master in 1769. As master of a merchant vessel, he killed the leader of his mutinous crew in self-defense at Tobago in the West Indies in 1773.To avoid trial, Jones fled to Virginia and was considered a fugitive by the British. He concealed his identity by adding the surname Jones.

At the outbreak of the American Revolution in 1775, Jones went to Philadelphia and entered the Continental Navy. In December he was commissioned a lieutenant on the first American flagship, Alfred. Jones was quickly promoted to captain in 1776 and given command of the sloop Providence. While on his first cruise aboard the Providence, he destroyed British fisheries in Nova Scotia and captured sixteen prize British ships.

In command of Ranger in 1777 and 1778, he operated in British home waters and made audacious raids on Englands shore. In recognition of his exploits, he was placed in command of five French and American vessels. Aboard his flagship, the Bonhomme Richard, Jones led his small squadron in the capture of seven merchantmen off of the Scottish coast. On September 23, 1779, Jones fought one of the bloodiest engagements in naval history. Jones struggled with the 44-gun Royal Navy frigate Serapis, and although his own vessel was burning and sinking, Jones would not accept the British demand for surrender, replying, I have not yet begun to fight. More than three hours later, Serapis surrendered and Jones took command.

According to some historians, Jones remained appealing as much for his actions as for his personality. British chapbooks, an early form of dime novels, pictured him as a ruthless marauding pirate akin to Blackbeard. His attacks on British ships were often sudden and sometimes bloody. The vision of a swarthy scalawag persisted even to the writings of Rudyard Kipling a century later.

In person, however, Jones was another man. Thomas Jefferson and others referred to him as little Jones and he may have been 55. Unlike other merchant seamen, he was well dressed, carried a sword, and conducted himself with practiced decorum.. Add to that a Scottish brogue, and light Celtic features. He was never an easy man to get along with, intense about his honor and his duties, a harsh military master. But he was surprisingly sociable. He was a prolific poem and letter writer, spoke some French, and, though he never married, was involved in many romances. Above all, no one questioned his daring. In Britain, his naval actions against the mother country certainly led to his presentation as a pirate.

In 1788, Russian Empress Catherine the Great appointed Jones rear admiral in the Russian Navy, in which he saw action in the Liman campaign in the Black Sea. He left the Russian service in 1789 and moved to Paris. He was appointed U.S. Consul to Algiers but died before the commission arrived. His body was buried in Paris, but in 1905, after a lengthy search, his remarkably preserved corpse was discovered and removed from a gravesite in Paris and transported to the United States. Through the intervention of President Theodore Roosevelt, Jones remains were re-interred in an ornate tomb at the Naval Academy Chapel at Annapolis, Maryland in 1913 when the tomb was completed

My birthday is September 23rd.

pcosmar
01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Randy
Not only do I agree with what you said ,
I love the way you say it.

THANKS

Damn I wish I could do that.:D

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
//

LukeNM
01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I will max out with $148.82 donated tomorrow...

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 07:36 PM
bump

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 08:05 PM
^^^

niall
01-20-2008, 08:09 PM
+1776

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Source: "I have not yet begun to fight" -John Paul Jones
http://www.americanrevolution.com/JPJONES4.GIF

:cool:

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
//

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 08:59 PM
aaargh!

Cowlesy
01-29-2008, 10:43 PM
aaarrrgghhh!

Cowlesy
01-29-2008, 10:48 PM
bump

DirtMcGirt
01-29-2008, 10:49 PM
+1

ionlyknowy
01-29-2008, 10:51 PM
dont worry, if RP doesnt win the nomination, the universe will have it's revenge.

She will bring Americas economy to it's knees so fast that we will be using Ron Paul slim jims for money.

Tidewise
01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Honest to God the thought of giving up has NEVER crossed my mind.

Cowlesy
01-30-2008, 12:36 AM
arrrrgh!

MrAustin
01-30-2008, 01:04 AM
:D

austinchick
01-30-2008, 01:10 AM
You are a great American, my friend!!
--------Shawn Hannity_____

Cowlesy
01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
No surrender. No F'ing Surrender.

Fight them on the Streets, buy your way into influence, sweet talk the ears of those with power---by any means necessary, Let Us Take Our Country Back.

Arrrrgh.

constituent
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
No surrender. No F'ing Surrender.

Fight them on the Streets, buy your way into influence, sweet talk the ears of those with power---by any means necessary, Let Us Take Our Country Back.

Arrrrgh.

rock on cowlesy!

lovin' the new avatar, btw!

raystone
01-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Usually we would have to get shot to defend the country.

This is EASY!

Should be RP Grassroots slogan :D

BillyDkid
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
You want to send me some Slim Jims? :)
I can send you some if you want. Let me know. You can PM me with your address.

freedomintheusa
01-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Give up ! NOT ME !!!! by the way i think you are limited to $2300.00 per person , not per household.... So you can get your wife or girlfriend to Max out too ;0

justatrey
01-31-2008, 03:16 PM
This is the best post I've read in weeks.

newmedia4ron
02-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Promote Moneybomb

newmedia4ron
02-06-2008, 04:44 AM
bump

Cowlesy
08-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Great vintage thread

torchbearer
08-12-2008, 02:04 PM
someone's been looking through the cellar.

qh4dotcom
08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Bump

pacelli
08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I dont give a flying rats a$$ f*** what any polls or you quitters say. Hell, or highwater, or both.. I am still NEVER giving up on Dr Ron Paul and his movement.

I didnt canvass over 2400 homes to just give up. SCREW THAT DAMN MENTALITY! I NEVER GIVE UP! EVER! IF ANY OF YOU DO, GET THE F*** LOST!

Well said, the question is, where have you been since February?

Cowlesy
08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
someone's been looking through the cellar.

lol...guilty

...miss hummtide

Kludge
08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
flying rats a$$ f***

lulz

torchbearer
08-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Well said, the question is, where have you been since February?

:confused::confused: maybe he gave up on the forum?

qh4dotcom
08-12-2008, 06:38 PM
lol...guilty

...miss hummtide

I sent him a PM...now that the forum is actually sending e-mails to notify members when they receive a PM...perhaps that e-mail will remind him to come back

It would be a good idea to do this with inactive patriots like hummtide

The_Orlonater
08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Why bump the zombie thread, may I ask? :confused:

Cowlesy
08-12-2008, 06:51 PM

Because I can.

The_Orlonater
08-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Because I can.

:rolleyes:

satchelmcqueen
08-12-2008, 06:55 PM

i agree with you 100%!. there are to many who have gave up already and then try and make others feel stupid for even suggesting a vote for Paul. Im voting Paul whether it counts or not. Screw the rest of em!!

The_Orlonater
08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Even Ron says no to a write-in. We still can't be arguing about it..? :confused:

satchelmcqueen
08-12-2008, 06:59 PM
i also still have my big 4X2' Ron Paul sign on the back of my truck. Its never coming off.

Cowlesy
08-12-2008, 07:09 PM
*facepalm*

The point of bumping was to re-read an inspirational message from the past---that is all.

laudddy laud.

The_Orlonater
08-12-2008, 07:51 PM
*facepalm*

The point of bumping was to re-read an inspirational message from the past---that is all.

laudddy laud.

As much as I appreciate it. It's irrelevant now. This was written during a time when people thought Ron Paul didn't have a chance because he was too "radical."

Kludge
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
As much as I appreciate it. It's irrelevant now. This was written during a time when people thought Ron Paul didn't have a chance because he was too "radical."

Shall I call.... The waaaaaaaaahmbulance??

http://gllunar.com/crap/waahmbulance-vi.jpg

revolutionary8
08-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the bump Cowlesy.
I wasn't around back then, and I love my share of a good ass kicking- it makes ya tough. :)

The_Orlonater
08-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Shall I call.... The waaaaaaaaahmbulance??

http://gllunar.com/crap/waahmbulance-vi.jpg

Shall I call the spam man?

http://noticethings.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/spam.jpg

Kludge
08-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Shall I call the spam man?

http://noticethings.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/spam.jpg

Orlon : I have conclusive proof that NEIL CAVUTO IS A REPTILIAN!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HipM-Wd9gZE)

armstrong
08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Ron Paul---------!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pacelli
08-12-2008, 09:47 PM
:confused::confused: maybe he gave up on the forum?

:confused: But isn't this forum 'the movement' that he'd never quit? :D:D Hope he comes back after conquering his local GOP :)

DAFTEK
08-12-2008, 10:00 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_5Nc47FOMFyc/RvOBH2qT9CI/AAAAAAAAAD0/t9Fuafxd8Ag/s400/Oh_Snap.jpg
http://www.leftfordead.co.uk/backfrom.jpg
http://www.twocanoespress.com/images/Unraveling%20Thread%20Jacket%20Front.jpg

alaric
08-12-2008, 11:51 PM

because the fervor of the post is worth revisiting!

The Moog Magician
08-12-2008, 11:59 PM
No amount of money will win a revolution. If anything, it'll only corrupt it.

Read Wendell Phillips and William Lloyd Garrison.

ams5995
08-13-2008, 04:56 AM
has anyone seen fox red eye lately? they are like spot on kind of. if that is possible.

does anyone think there is like a secret republican plan? that would be sweet. i'll wake up from my dream soon

hummtide
04-15-2009, 09:56 PM
:confused: But isn't this forum 'the movement' that he'd never quit? :D:D Hope he comes back after conquering his local GOP :)

And that is now accomplished!