PDA

View Full Version : Should we skip Florida?

kushaze
01-19-2008, 08:46 PM
This poll is just to get the discussion out there. Florida is winner takes all and anyone who doesn't finish first gets zero delegates. The question is, should Dr. Paul skip Florida?

Cindy
01-19-2008, 08:48 PM
I think we need to do better then last, or 5th place if we can.

Dumping the wad into here thinking we can get first, is terribly unrealistic with what time is left.

Richie
01-19-2008, 08:49 PM
It depends on what you mean by skip. Should the local meetup groups give up? Should the letter writing campaign skip that state? Etc. I do think that the campaign should focus in other states, but we need to rally the troops there.

Xenophage
01-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Meh... Florida has a lot of delegates but we won't take first so... interesting point.

I think we're set to finish at least 5th in every state already, personally. But uh... this is up to the campaign. There's a debate in Florida isn't there? The good doc will have to be there for that.

DjLoTi
01-19-2008, 08:51 PM
I live in Florida, are you asking me to skip out on my vote?

kushaze
It depends on what you mean by skip. Should the local meetup groups give up? Should the letter writing campaign skip that state? Etc. I do think that the campaign should focus in other states, but we need to rally the troops there.

Sorry I should have worded it better. I meant should Dr. Paul skip Florida and concentrate on later states while all the other candidates battle it out in Florida, wasting their money.

hueylong
The grassroots should do everything they can in Florida. The official campaign needs to focus on Super Tuesday states that are not winner take all. We can win delegates in all those states.

evandi
01-19-2008, 08:52 PM
The campaign should skip it, but grassroots will not skip any state.

AzNsOuLjAh27
Are you crazy? We can't skip Florida!

kushaze
I live in Florida, are you asking me to skip out on my vote?

Of course not. I should have worded it better. Sorry my first poll.

tart
01-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Agreed. A win is unrealistic, let the other 4 battle it out and get a head start on Super Duper Tuesday. It's just not worth any money, a 4th place finish gives him no extra momentum.

raheelp
01-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes he should skip Florida.

Why waste your time and money on Florida when the best you can hope for is 4th?

Instead go to states that none of the other candidates care about and pull a Nevada. Delegates Delegates Delegates.

MattMinnesota
01-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I think the official campaign should 'skip' it for financial reasons, but as for grassroots: HELL NO! For the official campaign it would be a waste of resources on a winner takes all state.

kushaze
01-19-2008, 08:55 PM
sorry

Feelgood
01-19-2008, 10:21 PM
He should dump a huge amount of money into Florida. This is one of the biggest states and greatest prizes of the nomination. To ignore it, would be fool hearty. If he gets a big bump in funds, he should seriously consider dumping alot of it into advertising here in Florida.

Of course, my opinion is a bit biased. :cool:

Abyss
01-19-2008, 10:23 PM
florida=old

we don't exactly do old (this is a major problem).

So it will hard to do Florida (this is a major problem).

Eponym_mi
01-19-2008, 10:29 PM
RP should spend two or three days in FL, and then move on to Super Tuesday states, and CA especially

Ninja Homer
01-19-2008, 10:33 PM
He should dump a huge amount of money into Florida. This is one of the biggest states and greatest prizes of the nomination. To ignore it, would be fool hearty. If he gets a big bump in funds, he should seriously consider dumping alot of it into advertising here in Florida.

Of course, my opinion is a bit biased. :cool:

Florida is only 57 delegates rather than 114 this year. There are 10 states that have more delegates than Florida, and many others that have close to the same amount.

Here's all the states:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/#6

Here's the Super Tuesday states that all the other campaigns will be ignoring while fighting for Florida:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Duper_Tuesday#Republican

Obviously, grassroots needs to always do all it can anywhere. My guess is that Ron Paul will spend his time and money on Super Tuesday states; it's the smart thing to do. Ron Paul will be in Florida on January 24th for the debate, organize a rally!

fuzzybekool
01-19-2008, 10:37 PM
With Rudy Guiliani gambling his entire campaign on winning Florida, skipping Florida should be the last thing anyone contemplates.

Duncan hunter dropped out today. Fred Thompson campaign insiders have been quoted as saying if they don't win South Carolina, they are out. Guiliani is the next big fish we can topple. Taking votes away from Guiliani should be priority number 1.
If we somehow manage to beat Guiliani in Florida, not only will it be big national news, but Rudy will be history.

Even if Guiliani decides to stay in, we all know he is fading fast. Huckabee can not win unless evangelicals turn out and Super Tuesday should end Huckabee's campaign.

It will then be Romney, McCain, and Dr. Paul.

UtahApocalypse
01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
The grassroots should do everything they can in Florida. The official campaign needs to focus on Super Tuesday states that are not winner take all. We can win delegates in all those states.

The campaign should skip it, but grassroots will not skip any state.

I think the official campaign should 'skip' it for financial reasons, but as for grassroots: HELL NO! For the official campaign it would be a waste of resources on a winner takes all state.

+100

MsDee
01-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Give up on Florida?? No Way!

Put a lot of money into Florida, no either.

But I think we Floridians should do the absolute best we can, strive for 1st and be happy with whatever we achieve. Just be able to get the message out and make people aware of Ron Paul is enough.

jsteilKS
01-19-2008, 11:36 PM
I think Ron should look at these states

Kansas (caucus) Total size of delegates 40
Missouri (primary) Total size of delegates 58
Illinois (primary) Total size of delegates 70
Total 168

North Dakota (caucus) Total size of delegates 26
Minnasota (Caucus) Total size of delegates 41
Total 67

Alaska (caucus) Total size of delegates 29

Idaho (caucus) Total size of delegates 23

California is also important, but if we could win Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois then we will have won a combination states that have as many delegates as California. Even if we place in the top three or four we would still gain delegates out of California.

A flight to Fairbanks and Anchorage might put Paul as the only person to go there.

If he could get his son to go to Minnasota and North Dakota we could gain those two states.

AlexMerced
01-19-2008, 11:37 PM
We should focus on LA and Maine, California and TN

though I think we'll do better in the new england than people thing, the CT groups are doing a great job from what I hear

Jae0
01-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Ron Paul should alteast spend a day or two in Florida. The Grassroots in Florida are working their asses of and deserve a boost from the person they're fighting for.