PDA

View Full Version : The MSM oh my!

S3eker
01-19-2008, 08:28 PM
What can we realistically do about the MSM?

Is resistence futile?

dt_
01-19-2008, 08:32 PM
RP has to win a state, I'm afraid.

Or take second by a margin much smaller than the 40% or so by which Romney won in Nevada :D

PimpBlimp
01-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Can we sue?

TSOL
01-19-2008, 08:35 PM
I suggest a full boycott and picketing of the MSM.

Joe Average isn't even aware of the issue.

Energy
01-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Wake more people up to the shenanigans they pull. Instead of getting irrationally riled up when blatant bias happens, mindfully redirect that energy. REFRAME slander and smears to our advantage, 'information jujitsu' if you will - slap it right back at them; surgically, methodically and brutally destroy their illusions. Hit them in the pocketbooks. Take and apply hints from Sun Tzu.

Good thread:

"Our success is Maneuverability"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28132

mokkan88
01-19-2008, 08:36 PM

And Joe Average still wouldn't be aware of it due to the fact that the MSM won't cover it.

Dave Wood
01-19-2008, 08:37 PM
we need tinkering from inside.....

Shink

Is resistence futile?

What we do is strike down the giant when it's as weak as it's ever been. Don't be scared off because a once-powerful force is hiding its whimpers by flexing and gritting its teeth.

We need to subvert it by doing tons of local ads and letters to the editor. Ask the folks in Iowa City.

dsentell

Yes . . . .

TSOL
01-19-2008, 08:38 PM
And Joe Average still wouldn't be aware of it due to the fact that the MSM won't cover it.

It's that exact response that doesn't help

What do you suggest ?

Jimmy
01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
A movie about the whole thing. Call it American propaganda

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 08:42 PM

Is resistence futile?

Put em up, put em up

stevedasbach
01-19-2008, 08:44 PM

Is resistence futile?

National TV ads, especially on all the news channels.

Thomas Paine
01-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Time for the Ron Paul movement to start its own media corporation that will long outlive this campaign.

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Call into to local talk radio and support Ron Paul

Buy advertisements in local newspapers.

madRazor
01-19-2008, 08:52 PM

Is resistence futile?

This also works if you substitute IRS or Federal Reserve or Patriot Act! This thread is fun!

Energy
01-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Documentary or film. Create a buzz like that of the Passion of the Christ (thinking long-term obviously).

hamilton1049
01-19-2008, 09:00 PM
What we do is strike down the giant when it's as weak as it's ever been. Don't be scared off because a once-powerful force is hiding its whimpers by flexing and gritting its teeth.

We need to subvert it by doing tons of local ads and letters to the editor. Ask the folks in Iowa City.

Agreed the answer to the National Media is Local Media get them involved in the activities of your meet up groups inform them of your sign waves, rallies marches etc

Pick your best spokespersons to deal with them be civil and honest.

Make them understand that when problems are dealt with at the local level it will be the Local Media that becomes the voice of the people and the source of their information, relegating the National Media to covering Britney Spears and OJ.

From what I've seen even the local Fox affiliates still deal with Dr Paul fairly and he does well there.

Cleaner44
01-19-2008, 09:00 PM
We can canvass the hell out of our nieghborhoods.

liberty_Forever
01-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Alternative Media Tactics:

Talk to your family and friends
Boycott mainstream news television
Produce and Duplicate DVDs, Distribute them In Neighborhoods
Canvassing
Buy advertising space in Local Newspapers

suggestions for mass production:
Aaron Russo's America : Freedom to Fascism

fj45lvr
01-19-2008, 09:21 PM
personally I really do believe that if the public were to actually harass the "principles" in the MSM (as the youtube of the throng chasing Hannity) that you might see a "crack".

They wield the power and are laughing right now. You have to make things so uncomfortable for them (turn up the heat in the kitchen) so that they "BAIL OUT"....

Yes, you could attempt to go on the "inside" but that is a long-term proposition which in reality is not going to put people in the "drivers seat" where you can actually "pull the strings".

Or maybe one day the MSM will be universally rejected by the "masses" but I seriously doubt it when "advertising works"!!!

You can fully expect that they will wrap their tentacles around the internet in short order to control that as well, it is SIMPLE....money buys it all.

Grandson of Liberty
01-19-2008, 09:29 PM
PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING ANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.

Some would say the only effective thing to do would be things that impact their production and profit. Employees can't get to work if their parking lots are full of protestors and the doors are blocked. Trucks can't deliver papers if the production and distribution centers are blocked. And stations can't make money if all their sponsors go away due to boycotts.

Just saying.

the_bee
01-19-2008, 09:33 PM

I agree 100%
:D

fj45lvr
01-19-2008, 09:34 PM

Some would say the only effective thing to do would be things that impact their production and profit. Employees can't get to work if their parking lots are full of protestors and the doors are blocked. Trucks can't deliver papers if the production and distribution centers are blocked. And stations can't make money if all their sponsors go away due to boycotts.

Just saying.

don't be tenative in your ideas our founding fathers didn't "pull their punches" to think outside the box and ruffle feathers!!! But that takes real balls instead of pussy-footing around and whining.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-19-2008, 09:35 PM
DON'T BUY TV!!!!!!!

That is where you can really hurt them. Turn off your cable/satellite.

AisA1787
01-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Local radio ads (really cheap) and newspaper ads (not as cheap, but very effective).

Jimmy
01-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Documentary or film. Create a buzz like that of the Passion of the Christ (thinking long-term obviously).

I honestly think this would be a good idea...it isn't like there is ANY shortage of evidence of this....getting outright scary.

fj45lvr
01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
DON'T BUY TV!!!!!!!

well I think the idea was to actually see a change of the MSM so that they don't "steer" things.

your idea has no impact on that....consider for a moment that we are realistically talking about only 3% of the GOP voters (and only a fraction of that would even go along with this)... Again, they are LAUGHING at you while the steam roller rolls right on through paving the landscape as they see fit.

Our founders spelled it all out in the Declaration of Independence, people should read up on what their "duty" is.

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wood View Post

I agree 100%
:D

Other then writing a blog, I haven't figured out how to dress up as an MSM. Any ideas?

Jimmy
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Has anyone out there on the net compiled ALL the "mistakes" and "slights" made by the MSM against Paul in this election? That would be something to look at and show around for sure....compile everything...hhhhmmmm

Iwantchange
01-19-2008, 10:05 PM
"Hackers Unite"

PaleoForPaul
01-19-2008, 10:09 PM

Just saying.

I agree, and there was little protest when Fox News left Paul out of the debate. Why don't you guys at least go protest outside of Fox News one morning? You know their fox and friends show has some nice windows behind where they sit...some Ron Paul signs back there would look good.

JasonCYST
01-19-2008, 10:11 PM
DON'T BUY TV!!!!!!!

Agreed.

Iwantchange
01-19-2008, 10:15 PM

Just saying.

This has been proven in the last couple of weeks. Fox news stock has fallen considerably, which has resulted in Fox losing billions of dollars.

If you create a national Fox News Black Out along with their sponsors. You may be able to teach them quite the lesson by impacting their wallet.

literatim
01-19-2008, 10:16 PM
We need to file a class action lawsuit. Anyone here a lawyer?

rg123
01-19-2008, 10:46 PM
We cannot change the MSM message but we can change the way a nation looks at them. We can use their propaganda against them. All propaganda should be exposed to all Americans. If there is one thing that pisses people off is when they find out that everything they been seeing and hearing all their life is a lie. I think exposing the propaganda that they use is our best weapon. We also need a sub-forum that has only the propaganda videos so people who come can get informed about what the hell is really going on in this country. The more eyes that are open to the propaganda the more Ron Paul supporters there will be.
Protesting doesn't hurt either as a previous poster pointed out. Graphics of the victims of the war are a powerfull message that the media makes damn certain not to show. They need to be showen as much as possible. The media wants americans to ignore the war its why they never show it on TV to everyday Americans. They are not seeing the little boy with his arms blowen off or the little girl with no leggs. We do not think about this as we sit at the dinner table with our children. But if we did it would be different. You cannot see this without saying to yourself wtf is going on and people will finally realize that America is an invader. Americans need to see the war cause right now it doesn't exist in their minds. my 2 cents worth

Technics2000
01-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I understand that the media can choose to report what they want but seeing as this is a vote leading up to the Presidential election, I would think there is some law being broken when they report incorrect numbers to the voting public. This can't be right?

fuzzybekool
01-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Beating Guiliani in Florida would have a shock and awe effect on the MSM, forcing them to relunctantly report on Ron Paul all evening.

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 11:43 PM
I go with the other messages, we need to disguise ourselves or our information as MSM for a bit, and get into their ranks. One good news story in the right place at the right time could blow this thing wide open.

coffeewithchess
01-19-2008, 11:48 PM

And Joe Average doesn't even care. As long as Joe Average has his video games and his hobbies and Professional sports(NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, etc.), Joe Average will be happy and be happy to remain ignorant.

Highstreet

Agreed.

Anyone who works for these screwballs needs to insert unscripted stuff all the time.

Get the word out.

We have enough incidences of them avoiding Paul, intentionally not listing him, and outright cutting his responses from debates. We need to show this video to people who are fair, even though they may not support Paul.

The local stations seem to be more open to the discrimination against Paul from the "free and fair elections" view.

We also need to do more calling in to radio. Act like a Huck or Thompson supporter, then talk about how we are leaning towards Paul because of his excellent record or something. Also say we are concerned with the "Nanny State Foreign Policy" of the top other candidates and how it reminds us of Clinton.

Staupostek
I also noticed this evening that some media were reporting entry/exit polling results for SC before the polls were closed. They were showing how different groups of people favored this candidate or that. Isn't this a blatant attempt to influence those who had not yet voted?

lucius
01-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Alternative Media Tactics:
Produce and Duplicate DVDs, Distribute them...

This is what I do, I burn 100+ a month; I envision them being copy/swapped/shared ad infinitum (I label with please share/please copy).

Here is a good video to show what we are up against, 'Manufacturing Consent': http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5631882395226827730&q=manufacturing+consent&total=164&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Long but well worth the watch.

tpreitzel
01-20-2008, 12:06 AM
We cannot change the MSM message but we can change the way a nation looks at them. We can use their propaganda against them. All propaganda should be exposed to all Americans. If there is one thing that pisses people off is when they find out that everything they been seeing and hearing all their life is a lie. I think exposing the propaganda that they use is our best weapon. We also need a sub-forum that has only the propaganda videos so people who come can get informed about what the hell is really going on in this country. The more eyes that are open to the propaganda the more Ron Paul supporters there will be.
Protesting doesn't hurt either as a previous poster pointed out. Graphics of the victims of the war are a powerfull message that the media makes damn certain not to show. They need to be showen as much as possible. The media wants americans to ignore the war its why they never show it on TV to everyday Americans. They are not seeing the little boy with his arms blowen off or the little girl with no leggs. We do not think about this as we sit at the dinner table with our children. But if we did it would be different. You cannot see this without saying to yourself wtf is going on and people will finally realize that America is an invader. Americans need to see the war cause right now it doesn't exist in their minds. my 2 cents worth

Generally, I agree. The million dollar question is how do we get the message of truth to the victims of indoctrination on a MASSIVE scale? We need an OUTLET that bypasses the MSM and competes with the brainwashing tripe available on cable TV. For example, I constantly refer to the incredibly accurate, futuristic portrayal depicted in the movie, The Running Man. How did the screenplay writers and novel on which it's based have access to such information without insider knowledge? ;) For the time being, burning CDs/DVDs and distributing them locally is probably one of the few channels available for alternate information.