PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp -- R.I.P.

evadmurd
01-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Look, I donated to the Blimp and it was a fine idea, and who knows, maybe garnered a few votes. But now with nearly 25% of South Carolina reporting and RP at 4%, I think it's time has come and gone.

Congratulations to Trevor and Elijah, et al and thanks for the work. I wish it would have worked out better.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:3JLpLLn3-F11FM:http://www.clipartheaven.com/clipart/holidays/halloween/tombstone-clipart.gif

piotr1
01-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Yea seriously, since it was flying around SC shouldn't we be doing better there?

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Yea seriously, since it was flying around SC shouldn't we be doing better there?

I certainly hoped for better but so did the campaign who purchased ads here and those who placed a billboard in Columbia.

Dave Pedersen
01-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Why do I get the feeling some people want to kill it? Why this new thread? To make people's minds up for them like the MSM does all the time?

If people want to support the blimp by all means do so and for those who don't then don't.

tamor
01-19-2008, 07:43 PM
We take one step at a time. We each have a part to play. The blimp helped us get over the idea of "Who is Ron Paul"? I do thank all those involved with the blimp and congratulate you on a job well done. I do, however, feel that the money should now be used for tv ads, radio ads, and on-the-ground costs.

Xenophage
01-19-2008, 07:44 PM
If the blimp wasn't flying around, we may have had a harder time beating the ghoul in SC.

You are guys are being harsh on a great idea that I think got us a lot of press and notice. I think its important to keep it going until Super Tuesday and it only needs about $14k more.

PaultheSaint
01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Meh...

I think it served it purpose and is time to move away from it but if it gets the money and people feel good about it, who are we to say were to put THEIR donations.

acroso
01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Well you can give unlimited donations to the blimp.

S.C. is close to Florida which is next...damn

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
I certainly hoped for better but so did the campaign who purchased ads here and those who placed a billboard in Columbia.

Time to give it up. I'm sure you all are having fun riding the blimp around, but it's time to get serious, come back down to the earth, and run some TV ads and other stuff that will actually help us.

That 600K spent wisely in NV could have probably seriously improved our numbers and put us over 20% there.

bonium
01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
20% Would have been possible if the local paper the RJ didn't support Romney at the last minute!

NPR reported that they were going to support Paul but the editor wouldn't have it!

Romney buy out! Nothing would have helped. I witnessed LDS Romney voters voting and speaking in a way that seemed as if they were compelled to vote for Romney even if they didn't want to!

bonium
01-19-2008, 10:33 PM
600k wouldn't do much on tv in nevada

Thomas Paine
01-19-2008, 10:38 PM
600k wouldn't do much on tv in nevada

Maybe not. But I could have put together one hell of a direct mail campaign with $600K that would have targeted particular voting constituencies with particular messages.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Maybe not. But I could have put together one hell of a direct mail campaign with $600K that would have targeted particular voting constituencies with particular messages.

Hell you could have put up 500 Ron Paul billboards across the state, canvassed every single business in Nevada, given a "No Tax on Tips" card to every waiter, waitress and bartender in the state, given out bumper stickers and lawn signs to thousands of people...