PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's message translated?

wbbgjr
07-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm a first generation Chinese-American. Anyone know of a website where I can find Ron Paul's message translated into Chinese?

I think that Ron Paul's message would be appealing to recent legal immigrants. Mainly because recent immigrants have a better understanding the effect of American foreign policy. They generally haven't been brainwashed by the American mainstream media just yet.

I've been able to convert my mom and dad into Ron Paul Republicans because they were able to sit through my explanation in half-broken chinese, but I would like to be able to convert others who are primary Chinese-speakers. I would also like them to see Ron Paul's words exactly how he explains it.

foofighter20x
07-28-2007, 12:25 PM
http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com

Dave Wood
07-28-2007, 12:29 PM
good question........for all languages

I dont know the answer, I would think that you could have all of his written pieces that are on the internet translated using available software

sometimes doing google searches it will come up saying something like "would you like us to translate this page?"

I think this is important because most people from asia that I know are staunch REAL conservatives and I believe they would be/are on Pauls side.

DeadheadForPaul
07-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I know a couple Chinese-Americans supporting Paul in this election, but I haven't seen any of Dr. Paul's speeches translate in Chinese. I think the best thing to do would be to just run a speech of his through babel fish. Babel fish isn't the greatest but the reader should be able to get the gist of the speech

Shatterhand
07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
I think it would be great to have a blog in Chinese for Dr. Paul. It would add to his growing international audience. I don't think it would take a lot of work to update the blog. Maybe just once a week on the biggest happenings.

On the Daily Paul blog there is a list of international blogs.

Here are some examples:

http://ronpaulfr.blogspot.com/

http://ronpaulbrazil.wordpress.com/

:cool:

conner_condor
07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
If you can't understand or speak english, Get the hell out of our country. This is America, English is our language here.Not spanish or chineese. It's English. People who support Ron Paul should be ashamed of your self. You should be standing up for our language and telling them to do the same as I just have. Learn English before you come to America. I will not sell my country out for votes and niether should any other American. If Ron Paul put his message of freedom in any other language then English. He would loose supporters.

Joe Knows
07-28-2007, 12:47 PM
If you can't understand or speak english, Get the hell out of our country. This is America, English is our language here.Not spanish or chineese. It's English. People who support Ron Paul should be ashamed of your self. You should be standing up for our language and telling them to do the same as I just have. Learn English before you come to America. I will not sell my country out for votes and niether should any other American. If Ron Paul put his message of freedom in any other language then English. He would loose supporters.

I think you are wrong. Freedom belongs to everyone regardless of the language they speak.

ctb619
07-28-2007, 12:51 PM

holy...

DeadheadForPaul
07-28-2007, 01:07 PM
If you can't understand or speak english, Get the hell out of our country.

How dare you make such xenophobic statements. Dr. Paul would not support your blatant hatred of foreigners and there is no room for it in the campaign.

In the 18th century, my ancestors came from Germany and they did not speak English. Their children, however, grew up speaking both English and German, and ever since then, my family has lived the American dream. When I was growing up, my best friend was Indian and his father had come over to the U.S. without speaking any English. He is now a physician, and his son is one of freedom in this country. One of my ex-girlfriend's families likewise came from China, and she was the first one to fluently speak English, and they contribute to this nation in great ways. Please take your hatred away from this campaign, sir.

foofighter20x
07-28-2007, 01:09 PM
I think you are wrong. Freedom belongs to everyone regardless of the language they speak.

I concur.

Neither does freedom know any border. It's a message that should be spread globally; not ever by force, but by friendship, goodwill, and trade as Dr Paul has said.

SeanEdwards
07-28-2007, 01:15 PM

Damn you need to calm down. :(

conner_condor
07-28-2007, 01:18 PM
How dare you make such xenophobic statements. Dr. Paul would not support your blatant hatred of foreigners and there is no room for it in the campaign.

In the 18th century, my ancestors came from Germany and they did not speak English. Their children, however, grew up speaking both English and German, and ever since then, my family has lived the American dream. When I was growing up, my best friend was Indian and his father had come over to the U.S. without speaking any English. He is now a physician, and his son is one of the most staunch defenders of all that this country represents. One of my ex-girlfriend's families likewise came from China, and she was the first one to fluently speak English, and they contribute to this nation in great ways. Please take your hatred away from this campaign, sir.

It's not hatred. People are tired of this different languages in our country. There is only one language here and that is english. I don't care if they are here legal and english correct.But to come here without english. I wonder how they got a citizenship. What good are other languages to our society except confussion? You sure your not a neocon the way you try to make me look like a racist? I never said I hated foreigners, You did. I just made the point if you come to America you better know how to speak our language.One country one language.English.. I am sure RP would agree with me on that. Make them learn ours and not vice versa. Press one for English.

4,388,646 views. It's very popular.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5745925397300740787&q=Press+one+for+english&total=356&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

DeadheadForPaul
07-28-2007, 01:28 PM
It's not hatred. People are tired of this different languages in our country. There is only one language here and that is english. I don't care if they are here legal and english correct.But to come here without english. I wonder how they got a citizenship. What good are other languages to our society except confussion? You sure your not a neocon the way you try to make me look like a racist? I never said I hated foreigners, You did. I just made the point if you come to America you better know how to speak our language.One country one language.English.. I am sure RP would agree with me on that. Make them learn ours and not vice versa. Press one for English.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5745925397300740787&q=Press+one+for+english&total=356&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Maybe you don't get it, but it's hard for people to learn a new language and speak it fluently. Studies have shown that it is very difficult for the average person to become fluent in a new language if they start learning it after the age of 8. Most of them want their children to assimilate and learn the language. Look at the success of Asians and Indians in this country as well as many other groups.

Many of these people are stronger believers in the American dream than people with long family histories in the U.S. Besides, in order to become a citizen, they have to pass a test about the history of this country. Your comment was very ignorant

By the way, there is no official language in the U.S. Most of these people, however, reocgnize that in order to succeed and advance, they need to know English

How are we selling out this country if we make Ron Paul's speeches accessible to people whose primary language is not English? Not only will it turn on new immigrants to the message of freedom, but maybe even non-Americans will read Ron Paul's ideas and become inspired. Your message came across as very xenophobic

Nefertiti
07-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Why is it that those who criticize others for their lack of English skills almost always themselves lack English skills?

I agree that people coming to this country should learn English. But when calls for learning English come from native-born Americans who do not know how to use English grammar properly, can't spell, and don't even know what words are supposed to be capitalized, it makes us Americans look like foolish hypocrites. How can a native speaker of English who can't even compose a coherent sentence criticize any non-native speaker for their lack of skills in the language?

wbbgjr
07-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Your message came off really hostile so you can't blame people for thinking it's hatred.

Nobody is asking you to subsidize in the printing of material in any other language. I'm just asking for anyone who knows a link to a website.

I never said that my parents don't understand English. I'm guessing that you never tried to learn another language because if you did, you would understand there are intricacies and it isn't just a matter of taking out the dictionary and getting a literal translation word for word.

DeadheadForPaul
07-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Your message came off really hostile so you can't blame people for thinking it's hatred.

Nobody is asking you to subsidize in the printing of material in any other language than English.

I never said that my parents don't understand English. I'm guessing that you never tried to learn another language because if you did, you would understand there are intricacies and isn't just a matter of taking out the dictionary and getting a literal translation word for word.

Exactly. Most of these people know English but they feel more comfortable with their own language since that is what theyve known

If you've ever tried to learn Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc (I'm guessing Conor has not), you would see that those languages are significantly different from English. They arrangment of the sentences as well as the very system of our letters is completely different. It's not as easy as "hey, you ig'nant Chinese need to learn english'

Nefertiti
07-28-2007, 01:34 PM
To the original poster-search Google news in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong (you will find the links at the bottom of the main Google news page) for stories about Ron Paul. I used a positive piece in an Arabic newspaper about Ron Paul to pass on to Arabic readers.

I would rather the foreigners in this country were exposed to our ideals and beliefs in any language rather than not at all. With time they may learn to read English but we have enough illiterate native English speakers in this country that we really can't expect everyone to be able to read English news sources.

Stay away from automatic translation sites-they are only useful if you have some ability in the source language and can read both the original and the translation both. They are better when the languages are not so far apart, e.g. English and French. But Chinese and English would be problematic.

conner_condor
07-28-2007, 01:36 PM

Nobody is asking you to subsidize in the printing of material in any other language. I'm just asking for anyone who knows a link to a website.

I never said that my parents don't understand English. I'm guessing that you never tried to learn another language because if you did, you would understand there are intricacies and isn't just a matter of taking out the dictionary and getting a literal translation word for word.

I have no desire to speak any other language. I have no desire to leave America. I will dispute that English is our official language. When the hell do some things that are common sense need to be official? English is the official language of the USA without dispute. If you argue it, then I will ask about your loyalty to this country.

DeadheadForPaul
07-28-2007, 01:41 PM
I have no desire to speak any other language. I have no desire to leave America. I will dispute that English is our official language. When the hell do some things that are common sense need to be official? English is the official language of the USA without dispute. If you argue it, then I will ask about your loyalty to this country.

That's you though. There are people who are coming to this country to seek economic prosperity, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech. Many people do not have the time or materials neccessary to become fluent in English before they come to the U.S.

Like I said, my ancestors came from Germany without speaking any English but their children grew up speaking English. Some members of my family tree fought and died in the Revolutionary War, WWI, and WWII. Luckily, when my ancestors came to America, there were some German-language papers which discussed American freedom and the need to break away from Britain. After the Revolution, the 3rd generation of my family were made of 3 sons....the three sons first and middle names were: Thomas Jefferson Berger, Benjamin Franklin Berger, and Thomas Paine Berger because my family was so inspired by them

Ron Paul barely receives coverage in English-language media. I doubt he's getting much in non-English media. Let's reach out to these people! When I went on spring break last summer, 4 of the 10 friend on the trip with me spoke another language besides English at home. This is the future of America and we need to reach out to them with open arms and the message of liberty and Constitutional gov't

ctb619
07-28-2007, 01:43 PM
English is the official language of the USA without dispute. If you argue it, then I will ask about your loyalty to this country.

:eek:

conner_condor
07-28-2007, 01:46 PM
To the original poster-search Google news in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong (you will find the links at the bottom of the main Google news page) for stories about Ron Paul. I used a positive piece in an Arabic newspaper about Ron Paul to pass on to Arabic readers.

I would rather the foreigners in this country were exposed to our ideals and beliefs in any language rather than not at all. With time they may learn to read English but we have enough illiterate native English speakers in this country that we really can't expect everyone to be able to read English news sources.

I hold a different standard to born Americans than I do foreigners when it comes to the english language.Our people are first before any other. This is the message RP is spreading.

DeadheadForPaul
07-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Legal immigrants who have obtained citizenship are just as American as you.

wbbgjr
07-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Whether or not English should be the official language is another argument entirely. That wasn't even the point of this thread or your contention that my parents should get out of the country.

You argument is not based on facts (my parents do understand english, most Americans can't even understand some of Ron Paul's academic explanation of the Fed Reserve or Blowback) and it's based on ignorance (you have no idea what it is like to learn another language).

I'm assuming you are implying I'm a Communist Chinese when you ask where my loyalty is. Yeah.. That really make sense when I support Ron Paul.

DeadheadForPaul
07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Connor's line of thinking is up there with the same kind of idiotic logic that led to the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII and the banning of German-Americans from certain parks and businesses during both major wars

conner_condor
07-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Connor...are you a white nationalist or are you just ignorant for other reasons

What is this racist kick with you? What did I say that was so ignorant? Please do tell.. Does not RP teach us this about we are his no.1 priority? Does he not teach us that USA is his priority?Does he not say let the bastards die in Iraq as long as it is not his fellow americans? Is RP a racist? He wants to just leave Iraq and let people die there because they are not Americans. Don't call me ignorant nor a racist. For if you do you are insulting RP also. Don't you dare group me because of my comments,If you do you are throwing RP into this group with me.

sylvania
07-28-2007, 02:01 PM
I watched the video. I am almost always open to people's ideas (at least I try to be). Numbers speak volume to me. No surprise, I'm an accountant. At the time I viewed it had been watched, 4,388,646. It had been favorited 3,670 times.

Let's see 3,670 devided by 4,388,646, would make .0008362. That's .08%.

Not even 1% of the people watching that video decided to add it their favorites.

That says a lot to me.

conner_condor
07-28-2007, 02:06 PM
I watched the video. I am almost always open to people's ideas (at least I try to be). Numbers speak volume to me. No surprise, I'm an accountant. At the time I viewed it had been watched, 4,388,646. It had been favorited 3,670 times.

Let's see 3,670 devided by 4,388,646, would make .0008362. That's .08%.

Not even 1% of the people watching that video decided to add it their favorites.

That says a lot to me.

You don't got alot faith in RP I would say then. Do a math job on his videos and see what you come up with then. OUCH for sure.

wbbgjr
07-28-2007, 02:12 PM
What is this racist kick with you? What did I say that was so ignorant? Please do tell.. Does not RP teach us this about we are his no.1 priority? Does he not teach us that USA is his priority?Does he not say let the bastards die in Iraq as long as it is not his fellow americans? Is RP a racist? He wants to just leave Iraq and let people die there because they are not Americans. Don't call me ignorant nor a racist. For if you do you are insulting RP also. Don't you dare group me because of my comments,If you do you are throwing RP into this group with me.

Ok. well I know how these message board debates go, nobody convinces each other of anything and then people just become even more polarized. The point of this board is for Ron Paul supporters to come together and help the campaign so I'll just stick to that.

Nefertiti
07-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Does he not say let the bastards die in Iraq as long as it is not his fellow americans? Is RP a racist? He wants to just leave Iraq and let people die there because they are not Americans. Don't call me ignorant nor a racist. For if you do you are insulting RP also.

It is you who is lumping RP with racists, such as yourself. You have called the Iraqis "bastards." You have said you agree with Ron Paul, because you wrongly think that he wants the Iraqis to die. The reason so many Iraqis are dying in Iraq is because of Americans-it is because of our more than a decade of sanctions on the country that millions died, of hunger, of lack of basic medicines etc. Oil for food was a joke. There was little food, and a lot less lifesaving medicines. We have now switched from a policy of US sanctions to a policy of US occupation of Iraq. Hundreds of thousands of more Iraqis have died as a result. Even more have fled the country and are now refugees because the situation was such that they can't really survive there.

Ron Paul's policies are not of the "You are either with us or against us" type, like Bush is guilty of and which you seem to have been brainwashed into believing.

Our getting out of Iraq is to our benefit as Americans and to the benefit of Iraqis. Ron Paul's policies will be a win-win policy-we will gain from them and freedom loving people around the world who dream to have the right to determine their own destinies will gain from them. That includes Iraqis.

Nefertiti
07-28-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm sure I can find more for you to read but before you make such false statements about Paul being for the death of Iraqis I suggest you start reading this that he wrote:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul401.html

kalami
07-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Ron Paul's policies are not of the "You are either with us or against us" type, like Bush is guilty of and which you seem to have been brainwashed into believing.

Pretty much. "Disagree with me and you're unamerican." "Insult my views and you insult Ron Paul." "Question the view count of a non-related Ron Paul video then you don't have faith in Ron Paul."

Ron Paul Fan
07-28-2007, 02:22 PM
The freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us. I don't think anyone should be thrown out of the country just because they prefer to read things on the internet in a language they're more comfortable with. If it's his native language and it's easier for him to read Ron Paul's message in Chinese and spread the message to others then he should be commended, not criticized. We don't get our rights because we're gay, or women, or minorities. We get our rights from our Creator as individuals, and every individual should be treated the same way. Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism. I don't care what language he speaks, or what race he is, or what his sexual orientation is. If he wants to know more about Ron Paul's message and spreads it to others he's ok in my book.

Nefertiti
07-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Another one I suggest you read before you continue spouting off lies about Ron Paul:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul174.html

Dan Klaus
07-28-2007, 02:51 PM
connorcondor is a plant who is making a subtle attempt to hijack the discussion for the purpose of linking extremist views with the Ron Paul candidacy...IMHO...

wbbgjr - glad to hear you spreading the message of liberty to family members...let us know how it goes...good to see you active..

kylejack
07-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Does this help at all?

http://news.google.cn/news?complete=1&hl=zh-CN&ie=UTF-8&q=ron%20paul&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=ln

Just a meager attempt.

Nefertiti
07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I think you would need to search for Ron Paul in Chinese script to find something. And Taiwan might be a more likely place to be covering him than China.

pazzo83
07-28-2007, 03:26 PM

Really? Show me the bill or law or part of the Constitution that DECLARES that English is the official language of the United States. Thanks.

pazzo83
07-28-2007, 03:28 PM
That's you though. There are people who are coming to this country to seek economic prosperity, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech. Many people do not have the time or materials neccessary to become fluent in English before they come to the U.S.

Like I said, my ancestors came from Germany without speaking any English but their children grew up speaking English. Some members of my family tree fought and died in the Revolutionary War, WWI, and WWII. Luckily, when my ancestors came to America, there were some German-language papers which discussed American freedom and the need to break away from Britain. After the Revolution, the 3rd generation of my family were made of 3 sons....the three sons first and middle names were: Thomas Jefferson Berger, Benjamin Franklin Berger, and Thomas Paine Berger because my family was so inspired by them

Ron Paul barely receives coverage in English-language media. I doubt he's getting much in non-English media. Let's reach out to these people! When I went on spring break last summer, 4 of the 10 friend on the trip with me spoke another language besides English at home. This is the future of America and we need to reach out to them with open arms and the message of liberty and Constitutional gov't

Amen dude. My mom and her sisters and mother fled Venezuela to come to this country in the 1970s. The message of freedom and liberty here in the States is very attractive, and we should welcome anyone who wants to come and participate.

freelance
07-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't care if they are here legal and english correct.But to come here without english.

Would this be an example of the Queen's English, perhaps?

DjLoTi
07-28-2007, 03:30 PM
That guy has GOT to be a troll... or someone who's about 50 years behind society on social enlightenment. Either way, I hope no one is offended as he is one lonely, quiet voice in a sea of screams

nunaem
07-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Jesus, 3 pages of off-topicness? isn't this forum moderated?

conner_condor
07-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Legal immigrants who have obtained citizenship are just as American as you.

Are they? Who gave them the citizenship? Welcome to defense.

conner_condor
07-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Pretty much. "Disagree with me and you're unamerican." "Insult my views and you insult Ron Paul." "Question the view count of a non-related Ron Paul video then you don't have faith in Ron Paul."

Welcome to defense.

Starks
07-29-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't think Babelfish is the best way to translate the message of freedom...

Man from La Mancha
07-29-2007, 12:38 AM

Case closed, this person has not got a clue. Must be a plant.:)

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/31/18/23131831.jpg

ForLibertyFight
07-29-2007, 02:32 AM

racist?

ghemminger
07-29-2007, 03:57 AM
That guy has GOT to be a troll... or someone who's about 50 years behind society on social enlightenment. Either way, I hope no one is offended as he is one lonely, quiet voice in a sea of screams

lol...DJ is right...I could tell just by glancing at the posts...relax guys...Conner we love you ....peace and love....let me give you a nice big kiss on the lips....with some tongue too...lol

cjhowe
07-29-2007, 04:09 AM

I really hate it when my fellow countrymen prove this disparaging saying correct.

"Speak two languages and you're bilingual. Speak one? You must be American."

Language is a freedom of speech issue. If you don't protect others right to speak how they wish, you're not being loyal to America's principles.

Capitalism
07-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Why is it that those who criticize others for their lack of English skills almost always themselves lack English skills?

I agree that people coming to this country should learn English. But when calls for learning English come from native-born Americans who do not know how to use English grammar properly, can't spell, and don't even know what words are supposed to be capitalized, it makes us Americans look like foolish hypocrites. How can a native speaker of English who can't even compose a coherent sentence criticize any non-native speaker for their lack of skills in the language?

Bingo!!!

feebe
10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
if you google Ron Paul and set the language in Chinese, you will find a lot of articles.
or check my blog
http://www.mitbbs.com/pc/index.php?id=feebe

I'm a first generation Chinese-American. Anyone know of a website where I can find Ron Paul's message translated into Chinese?

I think that Ron Paul's message would be appealing to recent legal immigrants. Mainly because recent immigrants have a better understanding the effect of American foreign policy. They generally haven't been brainwashed by the American mainstream media just yet.

I've been able to convert my mom and dad into Ron Paul Republicans because they were able to sit through my explanation in half-broken chinese, but I would like to be able to convert others who are primary Chinese-speakers. I would also like them to see Ron Paul's words exactly how he explains it.

Corydoras
10-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Really? Show me the bill or law or part of the Constitution that DECLARES that English is the official language of the United States. Thanks.

He isn't even trying.
And he isn't even bothering to deny he's a plant.

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 04:51 PM
....so Did Anyone Get The Message Translated To Chinese?

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 05:13 PM

LOL! I wouldn't go there. A lot of our "social enlightment" was engineered to cause the decline of our country.

Santana28
10-04-2007, 05:18 PM
i personally have no problem with older immigrants who come to this country legally with limited understanding of english. What i DO have a problem with are immigrants who feel no need to encourage their children to learn and speak the language of the land.

i think reaching out to first generation legal immigrants is a WONDERFUL idea and something only Dr. Paul's campaign is capable of doing without coming off as complete hypocrites!

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 05:20 PM

What in hell are you talking about? The fact remains that you are no better than any other citizen. Even those who are 1st generation legal immigrants, whose 1st language is not English.

I do agree with you that immigrants should learn English, but you are ignoring history if you think that English all of a sudden becomes the 1st language of immigrants. Don't be ridiculous! It has never been that way. Most legal immigrants know English and are able to use it to function, but they often are still more comfortable speaking their native language with their family. All the proof you should ever need is that they raised their child to be fluent in English and wbbjr is proof of that.

I, for one, am sick of all this press 1 for English BS and paying to have Driver's Manuals printed in multiple languages. Heck, in Alabama they are even putting dual road signs up. 1 in English; the other in Spanish. That's bullshit.

So, I am totally against illegal immigration and I want it stopped. But, you are way out of line in what you said about wbbjr's parents.

murrayrothbard
10-04-2007, 06:08 PM
:cool:

constituent
10-04-2007, 06:11 PM
but they're out in full force murray... what ever shall we do?

Revolution9
10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
but they're out in full force murray... what ever shall we do?

Collect their heads for display on the Ron Paul 2008 Troll Trophy Mantel. His would look great next to the drooling effigy of JaredR26.

The best incentive to learn English is that it is the language of business contracts worldwide. If you do not have the skill to read and write and parse the intracacies of English you can be sold a bill of goods that you won't be able to swallow. Conversely if you wish to break out of wage slavehood then it is imperative to understand English so your lawyer fees don't suck all your capital for contract drafting and interpretation.

Best
Randy

Nefertiti
10-04-2007, 06:40 PM
The mailbox on our corner here had one of those stickers that warns people not to put more than a 1 pound package in the mailbox for security reasons. Someone had scratched it half off. Last time I went to the mailbox there was a new sticker with the same warning-but this time it was only in Spanish! :eek:

Now, we do have some Hispanics in the neighborhood but they are definitely a small segment of of the population here compared to other parts of Chicago. This neighborhood is predominantly black and white. I'm not quite sure what they were doing putting the sticker on only in Spanish.

peruvianRP
10-04-2007, 06:46 PM

Dude, do you speak more than one language?

peruvianRP
10-04-2007, 06:50 PM

I'm first generation and I would love to read Ron Paul's translated into my language. My language is just beautiful. It does not mean I hate America because of this.
Don't forget that when this country was founded English was not the only spoken language.

Smart people speaks more than one language...you do sound like the guys at hannity forums. :mad:

constituent
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
The mailbox on our corner here had one of those stickers that warns people not to put more than a 1 pound package in the mailbox for security reasons. Someone had scratched it half off. Last time I went to the mailbox there was a new sticker with the same warning-but this time it was only in Spanish! :eek:

Now, we do have some Hispanics in the neighborhood but they are definitely a small segment of of the population here compared to other parts of Chicago. This neighborhood is predominantly black and white. I'm not quite sure what they were doing putting the sticker on only in Spanish.

social engineering.

i think spanish is a beautiful language and enjoy
seeing it everywhere. i enjoy the fact that my
daughter is raised in an area where half the
stuff we listen to on the radio is english, the other spanish...

and the signs, and the billboards...

but it is social engineering that you're seeing. endgame
of centralized economic planning.