PDA

View Full Version : First Day Canvasing - Southern California

slamhead
01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Did my first canvasing here in So Cal. Hit just over 70 households in about 3.5 hours. One area is particularly hard to judge where they stand. Is a retirement complex 55+. Many of them already voted absentee..and I don't think many voted for Paul. Other than than that I was well received except for about 3 people who absolutely said they would not support Dr. Paul. I asked one guy that was very adamant about not supporting RP why he would not be supporting him. He said "because Dr. Paul absolutely hates everything about the military." I said thats funny because the majority of the military is donating to the RP campaign...he got pissed..stepped outside and shut his door. Said..look I'm a retired three star general and I have heard everything about RP....oh well. Not surprised the military industrial complex hates RP.

I did run into two democrats that really like RP and wish he was doing better. They took four registration forms and promised to switch over just for the primary and vote RP.

Is tough her in So. Cal...some really entrenched brainwashed republicans among the elderly.

Hoping for better success in other areas of my precinct. All in all it was fun and I encourage everyone to get out and do it.

P.S. Now is the best time to start canvasing since we got second in NV. Is a great way to combat the often heard opinion.."I like him but he will never win"

CareerTech1
01-19-2008, 06:23 PM
tell me about it - my mom and stepdad are very brainwashed -

im working on them too

familydog
01-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Real nice.

LukeNM
01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
thank god the old will die off soon enough. It is our jobs to teach our peers and our children about liberty and freedom.

Gee, thanks! Nice attitude -- some of us are here and trying to spread the word...

RonRules
01-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Mail DVD's instead. No arguing necessary. The DVD sells the message itself.

jonahtrainer
01-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Real nice.

Well, euthanasia would be an adequate solution to the Social Security crisis :eek:

slamhead
01-20-2008, 08:34 AM
bump

freelance
01-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, euthanasia would be an adequate solution to the Social Security crisis :eek:

Be careful what you wish for. You might just want to rethink that. It's called precedent.