PDA

View Full Version : Our Behavior...

KevinDW78
01-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I am an ardent Ron Paul supporter, but I have to put my two cents (in gold tender) in. I just joined this forum to start getting more involved, but I am getting very disturbed at the unending supply of Ad Hominem attacks against everyone and everything it seems. Yes - the odds are terribly stacked against Ron Paul, but I have NEVER seen Dr. Paul ever make anywhere near the kind of vicious, seething comments toward, Fox News, The MSM, the other candidates, etc. So why do so many of the ROn Paul supports feel it necessary to be so petty and negative? I implore everyone to use your logic and your reason (just as Dr. Paul has taught us to) and avoid the Ad Hominem nonsense. Yes, it's hilarious to call Frank Luntz an idiot, but I see things going WAY overboard in this forum and everywhere else in the blogosphere.

driller80545
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Its a conspiracy!

FreeTraveler
01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
There are a lot of young people in here who were raised in government schools and don't know any better. Some of us older folk are trying to educate them, but it's hard when their teachers have taught them there are no consequences for their actions.

ShowMeLiberty
01-19-2008, 06:14 PM
A word of advice to new members... starting negative threads right after you've joined (especially on a day when everyone here is celebrating a major VICTORY) is a very, very bad idea. It's a quick way to get labelled as a T_ _ _ _.

Just sayin'.

Melissa
01-19-2008, 06:16 PM
There are a lot of young people in here who were raised in government schools and don't know any better. Some of us older folk are trying to educate them, but it's hard when their teachers have taught them there are no consequences for their actions.

+1000 and parents too not just teachers

KevinDW78
01-19-2008, 06:19 PM
A word of advice to new members... starting negative threads right after you've joined (especially on a day when everyone here is celebrating a major VICTORY) is a very, very bad idea. It's a quick way to get labelled as a T_ _ _ _.

Just sayin'.

All the MORE reason to start taking heed. And if you intend to give me advice, I should think you would be willing to accept some as well. And since your advice is telling me to not express my opinion, I think you might be missing Dr. Paul's message.

steph3n
01-19-2008, 07:55 PM
All the MORE reason to start taking heed. And if you intend to give me advice, I should think you would be willing to accept some as well. And since your advice is telling me to not express my opinion, I think you might be missing Dr. Paul's message.

You got it right :D