PDA

View Full Version : The pro-war candidates need to stay in, not drop out

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't know why people are so anxious for pro-war candidates (Rudy, Fred, Dunc) to drop out. We need them because they split up the pro-war vote and lower the bar for us!

jd603
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM
They are all pro-war, just Hucabee's gone more Democrat with it, pretending like they don't like war but their background and answers to debate questions say otherwise.

Goldwater Conservative
01-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Over 30% of the GOP is anti-war, yet Paul is averaging 10% (if that). The reason is that a lot of anti-war Republicans don't think Paul can win (I think that's where some of Thompson's support comes from, since he otherwise talks a conservative talk) and some are just confused (a lot of McCain's support). As they drop out, Paul WILL rise. Today's Nevada performance will go a long way to help us.

fmontez
01-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I don't know why people are so anxious for pro-war candidates (Rudy, Fred, Dunc) to drop out. We need them because they split up the pro-war vote and lower the bar for us!

Strange, I am not aware of any "pro-war" candidates... double check your facts next time.

01-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Over 30% of the GOP is anti-war, yet Paul is averaging 10% (if that). The reason is that a lot of anti-war Republicans don't think Paul can win (I think that's where some of Thompson's support comes from, since he otherwise talks a conservative talk) and some are just confused (a lot of McCain's support). As they drop out, Paul WILL rise. Today's Nevada performance will go a long way to help us.

How will pro-war candidates dropping out, and their supporters coalescing behind one or two pro-war candidates, help us? Yes, Ron Paul might rise, but if heavyweight pro-war candidates drop out, the numbers of folks like Romney, McCain, and Huckabee are going to rise even faster.

01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Strange, I am not aware of any "pro-war" candidates... double check your facts next time.

Wtf are you talking about? You know what I mean.

devil21
01-19-2008, 06:21 PM

Say what???? Please explain what you mean.

thehittgirl
01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
They are all pro-war, just Hucabee's gone more Democrat with it, pretending like they don't like war but their background and answers to debate questions say otherwise.

Yeah, NONE of the other viable candidates are against the war. That's really sad. What's even worse is the fact that the antiwar vote has gone to McCain, who seems to be the most prowar candidate out there.

Alabama Supporter
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Rudy Guiliani. Period. Enough said.

Look at his foreign policy advisor's latest piece encouraging war with Iran. http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Podhoretz:_bomb_iran/2008/01/18/65655.html

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Forget all that. The more that drop out the better, because RP gets more time in the debates and more attention in general.

Goldwater Conservative
01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
How will pro-war candidates dropping out, and their supporters coalescing behind one or two pro-war candidates, help us? Yes, Ron Paul might rise, but if heavyweight pro-war candidates drop out, the numbers of folks like Romney, McCain, and Huckabee are going to rise even faster.

In which case, we can't win anyway, since even with a divided field we can't get the most raw votes in any state.

Forget all that. The more that drop out the better, because RP gets more time in the debates and more attention in general.

Exactly, and if, say, Huckabee becomes the only other person standing, we could get a lot of support from people who hate his domestic policy, especially since his foreign policy is questioned by many.