PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting On Voter Registration Card

dalaamprince
01-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi all,

I've been following and supporting Ron Paul every day since November and am very excited to vote in my state come February 5th.

I registered to vote through "Rock the Vote" on November 29th and mailed out my form. I remember reading on their website somewhere to wait 6-8 weeks for my voter card to arrive. By my calculation is it has been 7 weeks and 4 days and I fear I won't have it in time for the primaries here in New Jersey.

Is there someone I can contact to find out where my card is at? Is the card necessary in order to vote in the primaries? Sorry, this is the first election I have ever participated in.

jrich4rpaul
01-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi all,

I've been following and supporting Ron Paul every day since November and am very excited to vote in my state come February 5th.

I registered to vote through "Rock the Vote" on November 29th and mailed out my form. I remember reading on their website somewhere to wait 6-8 weeks for my voter card to arrive. By my calculation is it has been 7 weeks and 4 days and I fear I won't have it in time for the primaries here in New Jersey.

Is there someone I can contact to find out where my card is at? Is the card necessary in order to vote in the primaries? Sorry, this is the first election I have ever participated in.

Look up your city hall/town hall phone number and call them to see if you're registered. If not, go down there and pick up another form and hand it in in person.

RSLudlum
01-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Does your state have a website where you can go to check your registration info?

Ours for SC is scvotes.org and i've used it to check all my relatives and friends' registrations for them to make sure they were legit.

dalaamprince
01-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I will look into those avenues, thank you. Any other suggestions are welcome.

newmedia4ron
01-19-2008, 05:19 PM
please call them

Yom
01-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Do you have to have a voter registration card to vote even if you've been registered for a long time? I registered when I turned 18 about 3 years ago, but I definitely don't have any card (and haven't voted before).

Yom
01-20-2008, 04:01 PM
bump. This is important. Does anyone know the answer to my question?

QWE
01-20-2008, 04:05 PM
I think you can still vote if you registered but haven't got your card. They don't check cards in most states, but some states check ID. Your name should be on your precinct list regardless of whether you got the card or not.
Just check and make sure you ARE registered to vote.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi all,

I registered to vote at my local municipal building and they told me my name gets added to the "book." so I don't think you need a card to vote. (I live in NJ too)

dalaamprince
01-20-2008, 07:10 PM
No one is picking up their phones today it seems, looks like I am waiting until tomorrow. :/

Ogren
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Is there a way for someone to register after the deadline ? Can I register 3rd party so I can vote for ron at the general even if its passed the deadline ?