PDA

View Full Version : Dont tell me that ron paul will get 5th or 4th otherwise that blimp didnt help at all

Give me liberty
01-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Remember how much we wanted and asked for that god dam blimp?

Did this blimp really or will this blimp still help ron paul?

Dont tell me that ron paul will get a 6th place or a 5th, 4th place otherwise the blimp was a wasted of money.

If the blimp did help, then i am still staying positive
first or yet again second place.

AircooledVW
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
The proof as they say is in the pudding...we can only hope...

CelestialRender
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Let's hope. I would agree that they need to do some serious justification if this didn't make a huge impact in SC.

I personally stopped supporting the blimp effort when it went south; I understand the reasoning, but the only way I thought this could be cost-effective would be going to NY, NH.

american.swan
01-19-2008, 04:48 PM
if ron gets good numbers then it worked.

what I mean is, look at %. If ron gets over 10% or so then it might have worked.

faisal
01-19-2008, 05:12 PM
nice point =)

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-19-2008, 05:32 PM
If we bomb in South Carolina, I say it's time to ground the blimp. I have my own suspicions as to whether it was really worth those hundreds of thousands of dollars that could have been spent on tv ads and other materials, but we'll see.

agaiziunas
01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
It might have been more effective in the Northeast or if the MSM had reported on it normally rather than "Look at the kook with the balloon".

I still think it's good to have it over the superbowl.

ItsTime
01-19-2008, 05:37 PM
I will donate to the blimp if Ron Paul comes in 2nd or 1st. Otherwise can it.

Ilhaguru
01-19-2008, 05:39 PM
But you all also have to remember SC is a very red/evangelical state. . . could/probably will be more difficult than usual, even with the blimp.

If we can get the SC vote to be equal to the NH vote, I think we need to give some credit to the blimp.

justinc.1089
01-19-2008, 05:41 PM
SC is not a way to test the blimp.

First of all, it has NOT been here that much really. Its been in Florida waaaaay more than it has been here from my understanding. And SC is a very rural state anyway, so since the population is spread out how effective do you people think the blimp could be? It would only be effective in certain areas in SC like Colombia, Charleston, or Myrtle Beach.

Secondly, I'm going to tell you we are looking at a 3rd, 4th, or possibly even a 5th place finish here even though you said not to. Its reality, this is a very pro-war state, and many people think Paul is crazy and/or liberal here.

Elijah
01-19-2008, 05:41 PM
So now the whole SC primary depends on the blimp?

Wow, I sure hope it does well!

Ilhaguru
01-19-2008, 05:42 PM
SC is not a way to test the blimp.

First of all, it has NOT been here that much really. Its been in Florida waaaaay more than it has been here from my understanding. And SC is a very rural state anyway, so since the population is spread out how effective do you people think the blimp could be? It would only be effective in certain areas in SC like Colombia, Charleston, or Myrtle Beach.

Secondly, I'm going to tell you we are looking at a 3rd, 4th, or possibly even a 5th place finish here even though you said not to. Its reality, this is a very pro-war state, and many people think Paul is crazy and/or liberal here.

Very well said!

Quick
01-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Too bad its raining in SC -- people don't look up in the sky when rain is falling on their head.

Blimp Media Coordinator
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
It's pretty narrow minded to think that one tactic can make or break an election. For people who bought billboards in SC would you say that, I guess they didn't work so scrap buying billboards in the future or to all the people that canvassed in NH, guess that doesn't work so no more door to door. Give me a break.

This is what the blimp does:

It has reached millions of people who have personally seen it and got them thinking and talking about Ron Paul.

It has gotten millions of dollars of free publicicty, all of it positive. RP said so himself.

It gives RP increased legitimacy. People have said, "He has his own blimp, I guess he is for real."

It encourages and inspires current RP supporters who see it.

It is unique and memorable.

The blimp is part of the whole package of what the official campaign does and what all of the supporters do independently. The blimp is not going to win a state on its own. As someone once said on the forum, "The blimp is our flag we must keep it flying." Florida is a heavily populated area, where the blimp will be able to reach even more people. Please give to the blimp and keep it flying high.

Sandy
01-19-2008, 06:34 PM
I believe the money could be much better spent on TV ads, and won't send a dime to the blimp. RP desperately needs TV ads and money going to the campaign, and people's local area efforts of TV/newspaper ads. They need to see him and hear his message continually.

That's all folks.

stevedasbach
01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
The blimp has generated some publicity. Not enough to get more than 5th.

Nevada shows what we need to compete -- TV ads, canvassing, GOTV, and local news coverage. The first three + in-person campaigning gets you the 4th.

National MSM coverage impacts polls, which impacts coverage, etc. National TV ads, especially on news stations, could change that dynamic.

slamhead
01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
All the people in SC probably went out and bought Goodyear tires....

rockandrollsouls
01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
while the blimp is a cool novelty, I think the money would have been MUCH better spent on tv ads.

Sandy
01-19-2008, 06:41 PM
The blimp has generated some publicity. Not enough to get more than 5th.

Nevada shows what we need to compete -- TV ads, canvassing, GOTV, and local news coverage. The first three + in-person campaigning gets you the 4th.

National MSM coverage impacts polls, which impacts coverage, etc. National TV ads, especially on news stations, could change that dynamic.

Steve, a man of true reason and critical thinking capabilities. I nominate you Man of the Year! :) Too many people stuck to that blimp like Linus and his blanket.

I wouldn't be surprised of the owner of the blimp was on here pushing it.

The Machine
01-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Too bad its raining in SC -- people don't look up in the sky when rain is falling on their head.

Too bad most Republicans in SC have their heads up their asses or buried in the sand--according to this exit poll questions. Hard to see a blimp from that position!

2young2vote
01-19-2008, 06:47 PM
who actually thought the blimp would work? It requires people to do research which none of the people are going to do. "google Ron Paul" and "Who is Ron Paul" are some very stupid things to put on it. what if it said "Google John Smith" and "Who is john Smith". I doubt anyone would really care about who it was and i bet lots of people would forget it anyways. It should have said "Ron Paul for Prez" on both sides.

RevolutionSD
01-19-2008, 06:48 PM

Dont tell me that ron paul will get a 6th place or a 5th, 4th place otherwise the blimp was a wasted of money.

It's not the blimps fault it's this:

South Carolinians LOVE GW Bush. They do not WANT change. They will vote for war mongering status quo mccain or jesus 2nd coming huckster no matter how many facts we present to them!!!!!!

Give me liberty
01-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Agreed sorry for the high hopes.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
while the blimp is a cool novelty, I think the money would have been MUCH better spent on tv ads.

+1

Molly1
01-19-2008, 06:50 PM
We should have put a big cross on the blimp.

tarabyte
01-19-2008, 06:53 PM
who actually thought the blimp would work? It requires people to do research which none of the people are going to do. "google Ron Paul" and "Who is Ron Paul" are some very stupid things to put on it. what if it said "Google John Smith" and "Who is john Smith". I doubt anyone would really care about who it was and i bet lots of people would forget it anyways. It should have said "Ron Paul for Prez" on both sides.

Who is John Galt?

r0bren0
01-19-2008, 06:54 PM

LMFAO

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 06:56 PM

I am sure hoping. I haven't been watching the polls in South Carolina. I seem to remember hearing that Ron Paul's campaign spent a bit of money on ads in South Carolina (one night I think someone saw 3 in one night...am I remembering right?) and it got a billboard as well.

K (Blimpette, so yes I have a vested interest)

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 06:58 PM
The blimp had the opposite effect than intended in South Carolinia. It was presented as the gambit of someone that wasn't a serious candidate there.

Also, one of the tv stations there made a "candidate blimp game" called "blimp joust", where you got to be a candidate with your own blimp and you jousted with the other candidates like the old joust game. Its available for free online.

Ron Paul wasn't even mentioned in the blimp game as a candidate you could pick. The blimp had the opposite effect :(

RonRules
01-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Fly the blimp till Feb 5, so the media does not use the fact the blimp is grounded to write a negative story.

RonRules
01-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Paint the blimp as a football, before the SuperBowl

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Paint the blimp as a football, before the SuperBowl

Alas, something that could really use a blimp :mad:

Personally, I think we should just put a big condom on it and sail it at a few numskulls in the RP camp.

Ron Paul HQ has only raised 1.3 mil this whole quarter folks !

Taco John
01-19-2008, 07:02 PM
If we beat even one candidate in South Carolina, I think we're doing well here. This is a tough state for an anti-war message.

Taco John
01-19-2008, 07:03 PM

Personally, I think we should just put a big condom on it and sail it at a few numskulls in the RP camp.

...all 19 days of it...

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Fly the blimp till Feb 5, so the media does not use the fact the blimp is grounded to write a negative story.

Ironically, no one is going to buy that spin, but the extra press from grounding would be nice :)

Brodown
01-19-2008, 07:04 PM
the blimp is a joke always has been...waste of time and money in my opinion. funny how we spend money to look like kooks, instead of spending it on TV ads which work

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 07:09 PM

www.ronpaulairforce.com

I will announce it formally tomorrow but we are working on getting a plane that we fund flying a borrowed 30x90ft. Ron Paul banner from Ron Paul Air Corps up until 3pm on the day of the Superbowl and over many of the pre-superbowl events and festivities the days beforehand.

Right now the site talks of skywriting but that is prohibitively expensive. The plane towing a banner should be around $1,600 per 3 hour flight and we can do several 3 hour flights.

The site will be updated in the next couple of days.

K (also blimp project manager...in case you wondered :-))

buffalokid777
01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
I said it before and i'll say it again.

www.ronpaulaircorps.com

the money on aerial advertising should be spent with the aircorps instead of the blimp.

The aircorps uses planes and copters.

The aircorps cost a fraction of the blimp.

The aircorps aren't grounded by inclement weather like the blimp.

The aircorps can fly 3 different states at a time, the blimp can only fly 1.

The aircorps can cover MUCH more area per flight as airplanes fly much faster than 30mph like the blimp.

Iowa was covered by the aircorps, a state similar in demographics. The Blimp has been in SC for DAYS...the aircorps flew over Iowa for hours. We will finish better in Iowa than SC looks like from early results.

There is not 1 logical reason to fund the blimp over the aircorps anymore.

The results vs. costs speak for themselves.

Anyone who thinks the blimp is a better deal vs. the aircorps is.

Just kidding themselves....

Not thinking logically....

Or financial or emotionally tied to the blimp staying in the air.

As Dr. Paul says, if he makes a mistake in treating a patient, he needs to change to the correct diagonsis instead of using the same failing methods.

My money is going to the Aircorps instead of the blimp.

atthegates
01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
south carolina has dumber people than iowa voting

wgadget
01-19-2008, 07:13 PM

Monday MLK Day is a new and different day. Prepare yourself!

bolidew
01-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Blimp need to stop taking $$$ AWAY from RP campaign!

Thomas Paine
01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
The blimb was a nice gimmick but it outlived its free media usefulness after one news cycle. To have continued funding it for more than a week was a waste of money.

rexsolomon
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Okay, there is your proof.
Ground the blimp and collect the best ideas from the YouTube ads, then put it on television!

Ricochet
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
www.ronpaulaircorps.com

The aircorps can cover MUCH more area per flight as airplanes fly much faster than 30mph like the blimp.

Iowa was covered by the aircorps, a state similar in demographics. The Blimp has been in SC for DAYS...the aircorps flew over Iowa for hours. We will finish better in Iowa than SC looks like from early results.

True that, but television is even more effective.

But the most effective thing of all is face to face, one on one canvassing.

DeafEric
01-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Curse On Sc!!!!

Blowback
01-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Grassroots supported attack adds could be a better use of the money IMO. That way the campaign doesn't have to be associated with letting everyone know who the real conservative in the race is...

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 07:55 PM
I said it before and i'll say it again.

www.ronpaulaircorps.com

the money on aerial advertising should be spent with the aircorps instead of the blimp.

Anyone who thinks the blimp is a better deal vs. the aircorps is.

Just kidding themselves....

Not thinking logically....

Or financial or emotionally tied to the blimp staying in the air.

As Dr. Paul says, if he makes a mistake in treating a patient, he needs to change to the correct diagonsis instead of using the same failing methods.

The aircorps is awesome and we (the blimp folks) are working on another project with them right now! When equipped with a banner they only fly about 10mph faster than the blimp and they have to land every 3 hours for fuel. People see the aircorps planes and rally around them but they are not able to generate media coverage like the blimp because they don't have something as sensational to offer.

They serve different purposes.

Here are clips of some of the media coverage that the blimp generated in the last 8 days: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=94039

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=94039

coffeewithchess
01-19-2008, 07:59 PM

If the BLIMP had been flying with this and some scripture verses...RP would have stolen SC from everybody...
but I will say that I do think the BLIMP helped get RP's name out to the older population. THe older people are more likely to watch the LOCAL news cast...and this is exactly what the BLIMP was doing, every city it would go to, it would get the local media to come out and make a story about it.

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 08:02 PM
If the BLIMP had been flying with this and some scripture verses...RP would have stolen SC from everybody...

LOL! Hmmm, I wonder what we should add to the blimp for Florida to target that demographic....?

Detonator
01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
The blimb cash would be better spent in Sunday newspaper ads.

RonRules
01-19-2008, 09:07 PM
www.ronpaulairforce.com
I will announce it formally tomorrow but we are working on getting a plane that we fund flying a borrowed 30x90ft. Ron Paul banner from Ron Paul Air Corps up until 3pm on the day of the Superbowl and over many of the pre-superbowl events and festivities the days beforehand.

Right now the site talks of skywriting but that is prohibitively expensive. The plane towing a banner should be around $1,600 per 3 hour flight and we can do several 3 hour flights.

Excellent. I agree with not doing the skywriting. Most people miss it. They skytyped over the Rose Parade the name "Ron Paul" and none of the Ron Paul supporters there saw it! The banners are much more cost effective.

Now, check this out: I'm not kidding here:

Have Ron Paul jump out in a parachute (dual with instructor attached). and land either near the Superbowl or at his precinct location in Texas on SuperTuesday.

It's not that crazy, George Bush Sr. did it. Ron Paul probably has jumped out of airplanes before.

gecko42
01-19-2008, 11:54 PM
It's pretty narrow minded to think that one tactic can make or break an election. For people who bought billboards in SC would you say that, I guess they didn't work so scrap buying billboards in the future or to all the people that canvassed in NH, guess that doesn't work so no more door to door. Give me a break.

This is what the blimp does:

It has reached millions of people who have personally seen it and got them thinking and talking about Ron Paul.

It has gotten millions of dollars of free publicicty, all of it positive. RP said so himself.

It gives RP increased legitimacy. People have said, "He has his own blimp, I guess he is for real."

It encourages and inspires current RP supporters who see it.

It is unique and memorable.

The blimp is part of the whole package of what the official campaign does and what all of the supporters do independently. The blimp is not going to win a state on its own. As someone once said on the forum, "The blimp is our flag we must keep it flying." Florida is a heavily populated area, where the blimp will be able to reach even more people. Please give to the blimp and keep it flying high.

QFT

ignoranceisntbliss
01-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Well it has generated positive MSM coverage when there wouldnt have been any at all.