PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's going to repeal Income Tax?

MrsW
01-19-2008, 04:33 PM
That's right folks, my ears did not deceive me (I check with hubby and he heard it too)... Huckabee said that's his plan.

-ooops I'm such a noob in so many ways. i posted in the wrong folder... i saw it on CNN while watching NV coverage AND that's the first I'd heard him say it.
sorry!

alexpasch
01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
That's always been his plan...he's wanted to implement a Fair Tax...that has always been his platform

Logistics
I just heard this a couple minutes ago and nearly fell out of my chair in disgust. I also something about him being the only one to suggest it. UNbelivable!

Fox McCloud
That's always been his plan...he's wanted to implement a Fair Tax...that has always been his platform

yeah, a crazy 20-30% income tax, that will allow the government to spend just as much as it is now.

Eponym_mi
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
He has never said anything about repealing the 16th though...and honestly, that freaked me out. Sales tax AND income tax?

losinglife
That's right folks, my ears did not deceive me (I check with hubby and he heard it too)... Huckabee said that's his plan.

old news, he has been saying that since day 1.

He wants the fair tax. Its the only thing he has going for him that is better than the rest of the assholes running

(minus RP of course)

leglock
Wrong section.

Repealing the income tax is a conservative idea, though.

FYI.

That's not to say that people aren't taking bits and pieces from RP.

ctb619
yeah, a crazy 20-30% income tax, that will allow the government to spend just as much as it is now.

sales tax

scar
The CFR can't have Huck not competing with Ron's ideology can they.

losinglife
01-19-2008, 04:36 PM

fair tax is better than income man.

Why do you ask? One if voluntary the other isnt. Simple enough

You wont be spending as much in taxes as you think, unless you are a shop a holic.

snaFU
sales tax

it still is an involuntary tax which steals from peoples fruits of labor.

Spirit of '76
He has also said that he's the only one who wants to repeal birthright citizenship for illegal aliens, which is something Ron has actually introduced in Congress.

Just a few days ago, he announced his radical new plan to cut the number of visas from countries known to sponsor terrorism. The only catch is that Ron introduced a bill to do this in Congress way back in 2003.

Huckabee's a sham.

fmontez
01-19-2008, 04:37 PM

-ooops I'm such a noob in so many ways. i posted in the wrong folder... i saw it on CNN while watching NV coverage AND that's the first I'd heard him say it.
sorry!

That has always been his plan, he is a flat tax advocate... so relax.

Menthol Patch
01-19-2008, 04:37 PM
The fair tax is insane! It does NOTHING to cut spending and is GIGANTIC!

By eliminating the income tax and replacing it with nothing people have NO replacement tax and the government is FORCED to get smaller!

Paulbot_9876
01-19-2008, 04:38 PM
yep 30% increase in tax.....not so fare at all...lets just shut the irs down as paul wants with nothing to replace it....

Menthol Patch
A sales tax is just as bad as an income tax. We need NO tax!

RSLudlum
They've been showing Charleston McCain and Huck speeches during the day. Huckster probably reinerating that to energize more voters to get out in this sickening weather.

CelestialRender
01-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Huck and McCain both support the Fair Tax; Huck more strongly.

They don't want to replace it with nothing. It's a 30% consumption tax.

Better than the income tax; but something like how Christian Hell isn't as bad as Norse Hel...it's still eternal torment.

MrsW
01-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Yep, my bad... sorry sorry.. I'm just overwhelmed at RPs talking points coming out of more than his mouth over the past few days. Thanks for correcting me. :)

zmyrick19
01-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I like Ron's idea better. Cut out the IRS and replace it with nothing!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "Fair Tax" just designed to get tax money from the people that don't pay income tax in the first place? These would be drug dealers and other underground economy individuals. As far as the average tax payer goes, I believe they will still be paying about the same amount in taxes in the long run.

Tobias2dope
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I was thinking if the Fair Tax gets passed in place of the icome tax, it will only be because it gets the government more money. The only true win for us is to frag the IRS, and replace it with nothing.

Imagine all the poor people who don't report some of their cash, or people who make a lot in tips. Their upper hand is now being stomped on because everything they buy is more expensive and they won't be getting any more compensation for it.

am I wrong?

Paulbot_9876
01-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Yep, my bad... sorry sorry.. I'm just overwhelmed at RPs talking points coming out of more than his mouth over the past few days. Thanks for correcting me. :)

huck is going to be rp bitch.....huck is nothing more than someone who wants theocracy in america....many people i have talked to actually brought this up to me without me mentioning it when i bring up rp....so they know huck is a fake and fraud and word is getting out....;)

Menthol Patch
01-19-2008, 04:48 PM
The only acceptable plan is to abolish the income tax and replace it with nothing.

I will NEVER pay a national sales tax.

Fox McCloud
01-19-2008, 04:50 PM
excuse me, I meant a 20-30% sales tax (so excited about the results that I mistyped/didn't think).

Either way, it's a terrible idea....and I wouldn't be surprised if they worked it out so they had a 30% sales tax AND the current income tax structure.

Can you say Sweden, here we come?

Menthol Patch
01-19-2008, 04:51 PM
The fact of the matter is that we will not reduce the size of government if we try and do it slowly. That will give everyone time to moan and complain and demand that their favorite government program not be cut! By instantly abolishing the income tax the government would HAVE to get smaller in size and immediately!

Paulbot_9876
01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
excuse me, I meant a 20-30% sales tax (so excited about the results that I mistyped/didn't think).

Either way, it's a terrible idea....and I wouldn't be surprised if they worked it out so they had a 30% sales tax AND the current income tax structure.

Can you say Sweden, here we come?

it allready worked out to be 30% on reallity just useing 23%...decieve it what they are doing also....

AggieforPaul
01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
The Fair Tax is bullshit, its a regressive tax which puts young people, retired people, and low income families at a severe disadvantage.

The truth is that NOBODY should be funding our government's out of control expenditures. We need to replace the income tax with NOTHING!!!!!

thuja
no fair. no fair tax. no tax.

MrsW
The only acceptable plan is to abolish the income tax and replace it with nothing.

I will NEVER pay a national sales tax.

I couldn't agree more.

CelestialRender
01-19-2008, 04:55 PM
I like Ron's idea better. Cut out the IRS and replace it with nothing!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "Fair Tax" just designed to get tax money from the people that don't pay income tax in the first place? These would be drug dealers and other underground economy individuals. As far as the average tax payer goes, I believe they will still be paying about the same amount in taxes in the long run.

It does a few things:

1.) Taxes the illegal economy.
2.) (In theory) prevents corporate loopholes.
3.) Makes our exports cheaper, and their imports more expensive.

Each of these is arguable, and regardless of that, it's still a 30% tax.

Talking points AGAINST the Fair Tax:

A.) It's 30%, not 23%. They claim 23%, but it's a tricky #. The way we talk about sales taxes, it should be called 30% properly.
B.) It would create the most massive federal entitlement plan yet, since they would be mailing _EVERY CITIZEN_ a check _EVERY MONTH_ for the amount of taxes which would be payed were you beneath the poverty line.

Spirit of '76
01-19-2008, 04:55 PM
sorry!

No worries. I'll move it to General Politics. :)

slinkymaster
01-19-2008, 05:02 PM
old news, he has been saying that since day 1.

He wants the fair tax. Its the only thing he has going for him that is better than the rest of the assholes running

(minus RP of course)

fair tax is worst imo, it is a regressive tax (more so than the income)

silverlegacy
01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
The Fair Tax would be voluntary to a point. You could buy privately from people on eBay and Craigslist on lots of stuff. Your savings if done right would be free of tax. Your car, house, credit card, etc payments would be tax free.