PDA

View Full Version : When are the Delegate Counts for Nevada Official????

NorCalQuest
01-19-2008, 04:31 PM
When are the total state delegate counts for NV going to be officially known? Not the CNN/Fox guesses...but the real on the ground delegate counts.

Ninja Homer
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
That's what I want to know too! :mad::mad:

Democrats reported delegates, and delegates are what really matter!

NorCalQuest
01-19-2008, 04:36 PM
exactly...I dont give a damn about straw poll results....WHRE ARE THE DELEGATES AT??

knappz
01-19-2008, 04:41 PM
So far Romney picked up 16 del. and Paul picked up 3 along with McCain.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#NV

NorCalQuest
01-19-2008, 04:45 PM
That is a projection based on the staw poll...percisely what im not interested in.

colecrowe
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Delegates Are 100% Unpledged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How Hard Is That To Understand?

rockandrollsouls
01-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Yes when someone finds out the real number be sure to post it somewhere where I can see it :D

colecrowe
01-19-2008, 04:48 PM

NorCalQuest
01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Delegates Are 100% Unpledged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How Hard Is That To Understand?

When will they be pledged.... that is what I want to know! When will we know how many RP supporting delegates make it to the state level?

And I'm talking about state delegates not precinct.

Ninja Homer
01-19-2008, 04:50 PM
So far Romney picked up 16 del. and Paul picked up 3 along with McCain.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#NV

Their charts are so screwed up I don't even know where to start!

Let's see... GOP is reporting number of votes for the caucus straw polls (which don't really mean anything), not the number of state delegates. The number of delegates listed is just an estimate, but I guarantee it won't end up like that (Paul will have a lot more).

The Democrats are actually reporting the number of elected state delegates for each candidate. These are the numbers that matter... not the straw poll numbers.

I'm convinced the only reason they are reporting the straw poll numbers rather than the delegate numbers is to screw us out of media coverage.

Edit: nevermind, I get the unpledged part now.

colecrowe
01-19-2008, 04:51 PM
When will they be pledged.... that is what I want to know! When will we know how many RP supporting delegates make it to the state level?

tHE COUNTY CONVENTIONS are on March 1st. There, the state delegates will be chosen, and the state convention is April 17th (or therabouts) and EVEN THEN WE WILL KNOW NOTHING!! The delegates remain 100% unpledged all the way to the National Convention.

That is why the straw vote is called non-binding!! It means NOTHING--except for media value, viability, etc.

NorCalQuest
01-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Ahhh, thanks for the info....but what criteria do they use to vote in march? I know they are "unpledged" but wont we have an idea of RP support amoung the delegates? I just hate using the straw poll to extrapolate delegate results.

Badger Paul
01-19-2008, 05:04 PM
We

Badger Paul
01-19-2008, 05:10 PM
We need to keep in mind for any caucus state allocation of delegate are MEDIA PROJECTIONS! All the delegates right now are officially unpledged. That basically means we can't forget all the district conventions and the state conventions where the official tally of which candidates gets X amount of delegates will take place. This is a long process and we can to stay with this to make Ron Paul has delegates at the GOP national convention that will vote for him on the first ballot so we do not become a footnote in history. Thi is the way we ingrain ourselves in the party structure.

I tell you what, if McCain loses South Carolina tonight, it's going to be a black day for him.

Once again turnout made the difference. They drew over what they thoughtn would caucus (nearly 40,000) and that hurt what Ron could have pulled in a a percentage. But to finish second with the party machinery clearly against us shows that we had a very good grassroots organization in Nevada and its big, big credit to them that we did as well as we did. Thanks for everything guysand gals!

Promo
01-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Let's hope that a lot of Romney delegates will not show up at the next conventions so that our alternatives can kick in