PDA

View Full Version : Get in Romney's base and steal his votes!

jonahtrainer
01-19-2008, 04:26 PM
A Mormon posted about being upset with his fellow Mormon's support of Romney. I've done some research on how to target Mormon's. Let's get some votes!

As a full fledged participating Mormon, I am so sick and tired of these sheople. Worst of all I live in Utah where the Deseret News (LDS owned) runs daily Romney updates. I hope the LDS community recognizes soon the charlatain that Romney truly is. I'm nearly an outcast in the congregation I participate in because I have literally called people out during Sunday School lessons etc... when they plug Romney. As a Mormon, I'm sick of em and want them to take off their Mitt goggles and do some research. Any suggestions on how to deal with my inner anxiety?

I've actually been working with my Meetup leader (who is an official coordinator for the campaign) who talks with Rand Paul a lot. After talking with a few Mormons he asked me to do some research on the Mormons and how we might target them as a demographic.

So, I began researching and have come across all kinds of interesting stuff. You'd be surprised how many Mormons are involved in politics and all across the spectrum (Harry Reid and Mitt Romney are just a couple).

The strategy I've recommended to him to take back to Rand is to quote Ezra Taft Benson, former Secretary of Agriculture and former President of the Mormon Church (highest ranking person; like the Pope?), in a debate.

Some quotes I think may be useful in a debate I gathered from an address Mr. Benson gave at BYU (their Notre Dame) called The Constitution A Heavenly Banner (http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=87).

The most important single function of government is to secure the rights and freedoms of individual citizens.

The fourth basic principle we must understand is that people are superior to the governments they form

Government is created by the people. No individual possesses the power to take another's wealth or to force others to do good, so no government has the right to do such things either. The creature cannot exceed the creator.

For the past two centuries, those who do not prize freedom have chipped away at every major clause of our Constitution until today we face a crisis of great dimensions.

For the last few weeks I have now targeted Mormons using the these addresses by their own church leader and have found much more success. I've even brought over two people who have now maxed out their donations to Ron Paul.

If they don't switch over to Ron Paul or continue supporting Romney I go straight for the jugular and I always love asking these question, "So, this guy is like your Pope right? Do you not believe what he has said in these addresses? Are Mitt Romney's assertions to torture with enhanced interrogation techniques at Guantanamo consistent with the beliefs and teachings of your Church?"

Overall, I think these Mormons are good people who are trying to be engaged in the process but they just don't seem to understand their own beliefs and lack a consistent philosophy. So, I think we need to get in Romney's Mormon base and start stealin his votez!

RevolutionSD
01-19-2008, 04:41 PM
A Mormon posted about being upset with his fellow Mormon's support of Romney. I've done some research on how to target Mormon's. Let's get some votes!

I've actually been working with my Meetup leader (who is an official coordinator for the campaign) who talks with Rand Paul a lot. After talking with a few Mormons he asked me to do some research on the Mormons and how we might target them as a demographic.

So, I began researching and have come across all kinds of interesting stuff. You'd be surprised how many Mormons are involved in politics and all across the spectrum (Harry Reid and Mitt Romney are just a couple).

The strategy I've recommended to him to take back to Rand is to quote Ezra Taft Benson, former Secretary of Agriculture and former President of the Mormon Church (highest ranking person; like the Pope?), in a debate.

Some quotes I think may be useful in a debate I gathered from an address Mr. Benson gave at BYU (their Notre Dame) called The Constitution A Heavenly Banner (http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=87).

For the last few weeks I have now targeted Mormons using the these addresses by their own church leader and have found much more success. I've even brought over two people who have now maxed out their donations to Ron Paul.

If they don't switch over to Ron Paul or continue supporting Romney I go straight for the jugular and I always love asking these question, "So, this guy is like your Pope right? Do you not believe what he has said in these addresses? Are Mitt Romney's assertions to torture with enhanced interrogation techniques at Guantanamo consistent with the beliefs and teachings of your Church?"

Overall, I think these Mormons are good people who are trying to be engaged in the process but they just don't seem to understand their own beliefs and lack a consistent philosophy. So, I think we need to get in Romney's Mormon base and start stealin his votez!

Amen to that!
So tomorrow, how about hitting all the local mormon churches hard with Paul literature!?!?

tnvoter
01-19-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm a former Romney / Thompson supporter from the 2nd business quarter of last year, I jumped on the Paul bandwagon after I was introduced to him in the 1st republican debate.

Any conservative in their right mind will choose Paul after hearing him out, keep getting the word out.

jonahtrainer
01-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm a former Romney / Thompson supporter from the 2nd business quarter of last year, I jumped on the Paul bandwagon after I was introduced to him in the 1st republican debate.

Any conservative in their right mind will choose Paul after hearing him out, keep getting the word out.

Right on. Ron Paul is the real conservative Republican.

jonahtrainer
01-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Amen to that!
So tomorrow, how about hitting all the local mormon churches hard with Paul literature!?!?

I'm not sure if that would be most effective. Like most people, with Mormon's you need to hit them first with the left hook of their own beliefs and then follow up with a right hook of Ron Paul's belief and then the upper-cut of Mitt Romney's beliefs. KO'd!!!

Swmorgan77
01-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Yep, Mormons can be easily swayed for Ron Paul if they know and really believe their religion and scriptures.

Here is all the info you need in a video presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5flCgGJojIQ

Karsten
01-19-2008, 07:42 PM
hand out slim jims outside of lds churches

steph3n
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
hand out slim jims outside of lds churches

they will jsut get thrown away, you must TALK to them