PDA

View Full Version : Racism Charges Not Swaying Black Voters: Personal Anecdote

greendiseaser
01-19-2008, 03:37 PM
This is anecdotal, but i thought it would serve as some encouragement.

Down here in 'ole Georgia I work late nights for a bank.

My boss (who is black) and I sometimes get to talking about politics. She doesn't follow it much, and often asks questions like "What is the major difference between Dems and Repubs" or "Obama, what's his thing? Whats he says he will do different?" or "Huckabee? Who is that?"

:D

ANYHOW.
I have mentioned Ron Paul to her before, and i said once that he would try to get rid of the income tax, make sound money of gold, abolish the Fed, privatize SS etc ... and she said, while talking to some other co-workers, "That Paul guy sounds pretty good."

YESTERDAY, politics came up again, and she said, "You know, your boy Ron Pauls name has come up while talking to my friends. A LOT OF MY FRIENDS SAID THEY REALLY LIKE HIM!" ...

I asked, just to confirm, "A lot of your friends? Black friends, right?" ... she said, "Yep." ... and i said, "A LOT?" ... she said, "Yep ... a bunch of them."

I told her, "Good, that's really encouraging. Because remember i told you the media was trying to smear him as a racist. That makes me really proud they see through it."

GOOD NEWS FOLKS.

I know i know. This will die because its not "PAUL IS IN SECOND IN NEVADA"

Also,
here is a really funny racist bit that one of my black co-workers said ... rofl ... ok this is bad, but it cracked me up so bad ...

... i told you my boss isn't exactly politicaly literate ... neither are a lot of the other folks in my office ... so when it was just me, my boss and two others left in the office (all except me being black) ... they were all asking me about politics.

This was the day of the NH primaries ... and i kept going to the break room, and coming back, saying "Hillary is winning." or "Obama is winning", or whatever ...

They started asking me who was saying what, and what the difference between them was.

My male coworker (remember he is black himself!) says, "Hey, what is Obama saying? What is his message?" ... i said, "what do you mean? his message?" ... he said, "Yeah. You know. What is he promising?"

Then he follows with,
"I MEAN, IF OBAMA WINS, WILL THE PRICE OF FRIED CHICKEN FALL? Will we get our chicken cheaper if he wins? WHAT ABOUT CORN MUFFINS?"

Of course after some very cautious laughter, i threw in the
"Yeah, and he says FREE COLLARD GREENS FOR EVERYONE!"

All three of them errupted in to laughter. They thought it was funny as shit.
:rolleyes:

mmink15
01-19-2008, 03:41 PM
I've seen this amongst my friends of color. One friend in particular told me not to worry because, "Inner city folk know enough not to trust the media, if the media says Ron Paul is bad for the black community, most in that community understand that what they mean is he is good for the black community."

boberino
01-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Americans make fun of themselves a lot.

greendiseaser
01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Americans make fun of themselves a lot.

QFT.

LibertyEagle
01-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I've seen this amongst my friends of color. One friend in particular told me not to worry because, "Inner city folk know enough not to trust the media, if the media says Ron Paul is bad for the black community, most in that community understand that what they mean is he is good for the black community."

Now, if the more pale of our brethren would wise up as well, we'd be set. ;)

CelestialRender
01-19-2008, 04:09 PM

BEST. POST. EVER.

QFT...the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

apc3161
01-19-2008, 04:12 PM
hahaha funny story at the end.

Yea, of all my friends that are black, we are usually pretty liberal about jokes. They through in hispanic jokes all the time at me as well.

Goldwater Conservative
01-19-2008, 04:15 PM
In my experience, it's usually rich white liberals who are the most uppity about "racial insensitivity." When Tom Tancredo called Miami a third world city, those people were throwing fits and coming to the defense of "Latinos," but everyone I know in Miami sure as hell agreed with him. The few that were hesitant to were the rare non-Hispanics.

runderwo
01-19-2008, 09:29 PM
In my experience, it's usually rich white liberals who are the most uppity about "racial insensitivity."

This is called "white guilt". Actually, in this context, they're trying to socially engineer white guilt into you, while looking down their nose at you, just like they do with everything else.

affa
01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
White men repeating racist jokes that their black friends told them is not something that we should be encouraging.

Hook
01-19-2008, 10:44 PM
That being said, I'm still pretty sure the black folks will be voting more for Obama if only because he seems more trustworthy than Hillary. You always trust people more like yourself.