PDA

View Full Version : So what happens if Ron Paul wins?

jmunjr
07-28-2007, 05:21 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed, but think about what happens if RP wins the presidential election. Then what?

I can only imagine Congress and the rest of Washington will make his job miserable. Also a lot of what he wants to do, like he said, can't be done overnight. It also can't be done in 4 years. I am not even sure if much of it can be done in 8 years.

I'm a Ron Paul guy but I hope he has it all worked out for the future because there will be some tough questions for him regarding how he will do the things he says he will do. e.g. what about all the jobs lost by the downsizing of government?

Also if you think th eMSM is bad now just wait until he becomes a serious contender.

What do YOU think?

cac1963
07-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed, but think about what happens if RP wins the presidential election. Then what?

I can only imagine Congress and the rest of Washington will make his job miserable. Also a lot of what he wants to do, like he said, can't be done overnight. It also can't be done in 4 years. I am not even sure if much of it can be done in 8 years.

I'm a Ron Paul guy but I hope he has it all worked out for the future because there will be some tough questions for him regarding how he will do the things he says he will do. e.g. what about all the jobs lost by the downsizing of government?

Also if you think th eMSM is bad now just wait until he becomes a serious contender.

What do YOU think?

I think Paul will have some seriously long coattails come next spring. With a healthy primary showing, I believe there will be numerous Paulites jumping into the congressional races, and if Paul Broun's win in Georgia last week is any indication, we'll have a good starting point to get things moving. The 2010 election will bring in more constitutionalists still. I think the country has had it with the incestuous corruption in our government and will kick all the incumbents out easily. Let's make sure the constitutionalist candidates are lined up and ready to run as the fresh alternatives.

foofighter20x
07-28-2007, 05:48 AM
what about all the jobs lost by the downsizing of government?

You mean all those government paychecks that wouldn't need to be paid anymore?
You mean all the taxes that can be reduced by that reduction in government expense?
You mean all the money that stays in the economy and creates jobs because of those tax cuts?
You mean jobs that would probably absorb all those recently cut federal employees?

You mean those guys, right?

They'll be fine. ;)

10thAmendmentMan
07-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Presidents have a lot of political clout. The bigger they win at the polls, the more politicians figure people like them. Since they want to be popular as well (and get reelected), they have to at least go along a little.

Failing that, Ron Paul would at least be given the time and soap box to explain many of his issues to the public. With more and more people listening to him, more light bulbs would flick on. At the very least, a President Ron Paul would change the political landscape and discourse in this country.

foofighter20x
07-28-2007, 05:52 AM
At the very least, a President Ron Paul would change the political landscape and discourse in this country.

...landscape and discourse in this country... for the better. ;) :D

freelance
07-28-2007, 05:58 AM
Just undoing all of those Executive Orders is a great start!

inibo
07-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Just undoing all of those Executive Orders is a great start!

Yep.

When you look at his record in congress he seems like one lonely voice in a very big crowd. In two areas--repealing executive orders and wielding his veto--that one lonely voice becomes a roar from the mountain tops.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-28-2007, 09:56 AM
If Dr. Paul wins the Presidency, or does well in primaries, I will run for Congress in 2010.

I agree that Congress will not work with him, but gridlock in Washington is not always a bad thing--means nothing gets done and less chance for them to pass laws and get their grubby paws deeper into our pockets.

People would have to see this, and elect pro-Paul candidates in 2010.

micahnelson
07-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Dr. NO becomes President Veto

ShaneC
07-28-2007, 10:40 AM
I agree that Congress will not work with him, but gridlock in Washington is not always a bad thing--means nothing gets done and less chance for them to pass laws and get their grubby paws deeper into our pockets.

Amen to that.

I figure, if nothing else, RP can undue some damage and prevent more damage from occurring.

DisabledVet
07-28-2007, 10:46 AM
The single most important thing that will come of Ron's presidency is the EDUCATION of Americans....what we know about the FED, the IRS, the CFR, the NAU etc etc... will become common knowledge. With this education, the people of America will be empowered with the knowledge to select proper candidates and representatives in the future to continue on with Ron's vision and make it a reality. This is a paradime shift in the coercion and thought management of Americans by their government. It took 30 years for them to shape our minds and bury the truth....and within less than a year that will all be undone.

Ron Paul Fan
07-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't know how much he'll be able to shrink the government, but he will be able to contain its growth a with the veto power. I'm not sure what exactly he can get rid that he says he wants to without Congress approval. I agree with the above post that education of the people will be the biggest thing that would help him get things done as then Congress would be forced to agree with him or risk not getting re-elected.

james1906
07-28-2007, 10:54 AM
rep. dreier has always called himself a libertarian, even those his voting record shows otherwise. expect more reps and sens claiming to be libertarians and 'true conservatives.'

of course the honeymoon with end quick when the special interests start complaining. you really think the AARP is going to quietly watch as social security and medicare are 'attacked'?

pres paul will need to hold many press conferences in order to get his message across, because other will hold them claiming the sky is falling.

freelance
07-28-2007, 11:23 AM
but gridlock in Washington is not always a bad thing

IF ONLY we could have had gridlock from 2001 until now! OOOH, and no EOs.