PDA

View Full Version : Probably needs to be said...

foofighter20x
07-28-2007, 12:20 AM
REMEMBER TO KEEP DONATING!

The campaign needs money. :D

Lord Xar
07-28-2007, 01:15 AM
hahahah... that is SOOO true and soemthing I have been thinking about periodically.

I think this forum should send out "donation blasts" every month as just a reminder for the campaign... you know.. if everyone on this forum donated a 20 spot... thats 40K every month.. not bad...

BillyDkid
07-28-2007, 07:50 AM
you know, it would help if we could see once in a while that the campaign is spending the money we have already given them and what they are spending it on. At our current level of support we will never have enough money to compete against the likes of Romney or Rudy - so there is no advantage in being particularly frugal now. All I am saying is I don't want to see the campaign being penny wise, but pound foolish - now is not the time to scrimp. The campaign has to take its best shot now so that we can have some hope of getting serious money later. It does us no good if Dr. Paul goes into the Ames poll with a couple of million left and gets trounced. That couple of million would might as well be a couple of cents if that happens. I am happy to donate more and do it whenever I can, but I would like updates that the money is actually being used and things are happening beside us grassroots guys trying to influence people. Television ads and radio ads are where it is at, there is just no avoiding that. Of course, I know that Dr. Paul is out there doing all he can - speaking and traveling and doing radio and TV spots - but the media is going to do us no favors and we can't just depend on ourselves to carry the spreading the word and name ball.

Sematary
07-28-2007, 07:57 AM
you know, it would help if we could see once in a while that the campaign is spending the money we have already given them and what they are spending it on. At our current level of support we will never have enough money to compete against the likes of Romney or Rudy - so there is no advantage in being particularly frugal now. All I am saying is I don't want to see the campaign being penny wise, but pound foolish - now is not the time to scrimp. The campaign has to take its best shot now so that we can have some hope of getting serious money later. It does us no good if Dr. Paul goes into the Ames poll with a couple of million left and gets trounced. That couple of million would might as well be a couple of cents if that happens. I am happy to donate more and do it whenever I can, but I would like updates that the money is actually being used and things are happening beside us grassroots guys trying to influence people. Television ads and radio ads are where it is at, there is just no avoiding that. Of course, I know that Dr. Paul is out there doing all he can - speaking and traveling and doing radio and TV spots - but the media is going to do us no favors and we can't just depend on ourselves to carry the spreading the word and name ball.

I believe, personally, that your tact here is incorrect. The Ames straw poll is non binding and isn't very important. Most people in the country, just like most people in Iowa, aren't even aware that it is happening. On some of my phone calls people are like "Ames? What?". They don't even know it exists and they live in Iowa. Hell, Ct. is a much smaller state and there are places I have no idea where they are. The REAL test and the place to spend the money is the Caucus in January, NH and Nevada (the first three primary states). If they are setting up campaign headquarters in Iowa now that means they are getting ready for the real fight to come.
It's not to say that they shouldn't do ANYTHING in Iowa now, but I wouldn't put a ton of money on a straw poll that nobody knows about.

MsDoodahs
07-28-2007, 09:33 AM
I believe, personally, that your tact here is incorrect. The Ames straw poll is non binding and isn't very important. Most people in the country, just like most people in Iowa, aren't even aware that it is happening. On some of my phone calls people are like "Ames? What?". They don't even know it exists and they live in Iowa. Hell, Ct. is a much smaller state and there are places I have no idea where they are. The REAL test and the place to spend the money is the Caucus in January, NH and Nevada (the first three primary states). If they are setting up campaign headquarters in Iowa now that means they are getting ready for the real fight to come.
It's not to say that they shouldn't do ANYTHING in Iowa now, but I wouldn't put a ton of money on a straw poll that nobody knows about.

Yeah, IMO the caucuses...er...cauci ? ... are the place to spend the money.

I won't say the straw poll in Iowa is outright corrupt, but isn't it sort of a display of vote buying used as an indicator of which camp has the most purchasing power?

cujothekitten
07-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Thank you for your generous donation of $25.00!
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

I'm sending little drips until I get to $200. This 25 brings me up to 150