PDA

View Full Version : OUTRAGE: Ron Paul ONLY major candidate excluded from Iowa County Straw Poll Ballot

Zydeco
07-27-2007, 07:04 PM
http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=101226

This has to be addressed.:mad:

empirenine
07-27-2007, 07:07 PM
"With the addition of Ron Paul, Texas, the fore mentioned names will be on the official ballot."

It looks to have been solved, unless I am missing something.

Syren123
07-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Typical.

What really bothers me is that Laura Ingraham is going to be the MC at the REAL straw poll. She may be a Republican, but she's more neo-con than libertarian in her views. She gives very short shrift to Ron Paul as is.

Johnnybags
07-27-2007, 07:10 PM
its over already, they are saying his name was not on their ballot but will be in Ames, So what, Laura Ingraham had 100 or voters at her little cookout. Big Deal, if she invited the Paulites there would have been 1000. Not enough food.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Very disturbing. They included John Cox and undeclared, Fred Thompson, but leave out Ron Paul.

I sent them an email (nice), asking them how this could have happened.

Johnnybags
07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Typical.

What really bothers me is that Laura Ingraham is going to be the MC at the REAL straw poll. She may be a Republican, but she's more neo-con than libertarian in her views. She gives very short shrift to Ron Paul as is.

I think she'll bet booed if she strays into playing favorites. I hope she does and 2000 people start booing her. Laura Ingraham is another irrelevant.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Yes, but it's bullcrap that they left him off.

Birdlady
07-27-2007, 08:16 PM
This is something Ron Paul / his campaign needs to be publicly addressing. This isn't our fight. Yes we can be annoyed and talk about it here. However, it HAS to come from his campaign for the record to be set straight. As I said in another thread, Ron Paul is letting them walk all over him. If Giuliani was missed in a poll, he would be all over TV saying so. We just don't see RP doing the same thing and it's hurting him.

I think his campaign should be putting out a press release saying that there is no reason for him to be left out of polls and debates because he has been declared for months. He has a large backing of people and had more cash on hand than John McCain. Then if they still don't listen he needs to address this on a TV interview.

ShaneC
07-27-2007, 08:20 PM
So how does F. Thompson keep ending up in these damned polls!?!

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2007, 08:48 PM
This is something Ron Paul / his campaign needs to be publicly addressing. This isn't our fight. Yes we can be annoyed and talk about it here. However, it HAS to come from his campaign for the record to be set straight. As I said in another thread, Ron Paul is letting them walk all over him. If Giuliani was missed in a poll, he would be all over TV saying so. We just don't see RP doing the same thing and it's hurting him.

I think his campaign should be putting out a press release saying that there is no reason for him to be left out of polls and debates because he has been declared for months. He has a large backing of people and had more cash on hand than John McCain. Then if they still don't listen he needs to address this on a TV interview.

Wrong. Precisely the opposite. Sorry. But RP himself shouldn't be tainted with nitpicking. WE are the PEOPLE and WE are the ones who should be scrapping over undemocratic and unfair tactics.

Who Do we contact? I didn't see that in the link?

Let's Failor 'em, troops. I don't care if it's too late. Blowback is always after the fact and is legendary!

beermotor
07-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree - this is our fight, not his. We lose nothing by being vocal. He gets to continue to be pulled along by the campaign. Which is the truth, and what we want to keep presenting to the country - that we're something different, a force to be reckoned with. Paul is simply our standard-bearer.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Beermotor, I'd ask to borrow a gun as a prop for my indignation, but I have 4 of my own. Still, your avatar inspires me. I bet a beer would inspire me futher.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Here's the contact info: http://www.iowagop.net/county.asp?c=149&guidFund=60

Remember, honey attracts more bees and all that yada. No naughty words, no home phoning! Otherwise, Failor 'em via snail or spam, your preference. All of the following was retrieved from the IA GOP site. I even stripped out home numbers and ask that they not even be considered.

Chair
Derrick Franck
1231 Broadway. Ste 300
Denison, IA 51442
Home: Do Not Call (although this: 712-263-3159 appears to be his office number. He's a lawyer.)
dfranck@frontiernet.net

Co-Chair
Don Stehr
1708 4th Ave N
Denison, IA 51442
Home: Do Not Call

Secretary
Darin Johnson
1804 1st Ave N
Denison, IA 51442
Do Not Call

Treasurer
Jim Hugg
2011 S 8th St
Denison, IA 51442

Finance/Voter Vault
Gwen Ecklund
519 N 19th St
Denison, IA 51442
gwenecklun@frontiernet.net

Sematary
07-28-2007, 12:32 AM

He can issue all the press releases he wants but if they ignore him, well, they ignore him.

Birdlady
07-28-2007, 12:37 AM
I disagree with all of you on this.

I think we spend too much time worrying about where he is excluded or what the media has said about him than actually getting NEW supporters.

Most of the posts on this site are about him being excluded, not getting fair time, being attacked personally, and not about getting new supporters to join the ranks.

Our energy is being channeled into the wrong places. If the main campaign took care of this, then we could do more.

Sematary
07-28-2007, 12:38 AM

I think we spend too much time worrying about where he is excluded or what the media has said about him than actually getting NEW supporters.

Most of the posts on this site are about him being excluded, not getting fair time, being attacked personally, and not about getting new supporters to join the ranks.

Our energy is being channeled into the wrong places. If the main campaign took care of this, then we could do more.

excellent point

torchbearer
07-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Beermotor, I'd ask to borrow a gun as a prop for my indignation, but I have 4 of my own. Still, your avatar inspires me. I bet a beer would inspire me futher.

Do you use your powers for good or for awesome?

Roxi
07-31-2007, 03:36 PM
i dont understand why fred thompson and john cox will be on the ballot in ames???

Kregener
07-31-2007, 03:57 PM
So how does F. Thompson keep ending up in these damned polls!?!

Because Fred will be 4 (or 8) more years of the same old same old. The power elite lavish affection on anybody who will perpetuate the agenda.

lucius
07-31-2007, 04:50 PM

Sometimes the two are synergistic. Someone has a signature about pure undiluted, untaxed mountain whiskey that has strong meaning to me; can you imagine what the 'Whiskey Boys' were like as a political action group?

Man from La Mancha
07-31-2007, 04:57 PM

Well I for one can do both, doesn't take too much time to email or blogg. Like Scribbler says it's our fight. I think we have more power in numbers that HQ. IMO

stevedasbach
07-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Best would be for Iowans to call and/or email. Show local support for Ron.