PDA

View Full Version : WARNING *** all meetups *** grassroots has some really irresponsible people ****

tbrambo
01-19-2008, 11:59 AM
I would like to personally respond to a thread that was created by Laura and Wes Laundsbury (Thomas_Paine) about Roxi and Jay

***Their Post****
This is a warning to everyone in Las Vegas, and hopefully prevent others from having to go through what we have just experienced with these people.

(Also in response to the thread posted by these users, "Operation Live Free or Die Takes it to NEVADA")

Forum Users Roxic27 and NayJevin
AKA Roxie and Jay

I am part of Operation Live Free or Die and spent the past 2 months in New Hampshire with my family organizing this effort. We invested our heart and souls, and a large chunk of our $ from our equity to fight for freedom in the Granite State. In addition to the disappointment of getting 8%, we had to deal with this horrible situation with Jay and Roxi. I just pray that no one else has to go through what we did.

We were one of the first people in New Hampshire with OLFD. We rented a large house where we housed many volunteers before Vijay and the rest of the group came out. We kept a room open for Jay and Roxi, welcomed them in with Thanksgiving dinner, and gave them our trust. I lived with these people for 3 weeks, cooked for them, gave them food, cleaned after them, and did everything I could to work peacefully with them. What they gave us in return was complete disrespect and a shattering of our trust.

After we moved to another house to be house captains at Vijay's request, Jay and Roxi were appointed as house captains. Instead of doing their job, they disrespected property that they were supposed to be responsible for, smoking inside the home and allowing many other volunteers to do so as well, in violation of the lease agreement which was under my name. It basically became a party frat house. They had been told it was a non smoking home but continued to smoke inside and lie about it.

I had to send 4 NH volunteers to the house to try and clean out the smoke smell and get the house in shape, after Jay and Roxi had already left for Vegas.

One of their jobs as house captain was to collect money to pay for the security deposit. (remember, this was my security deposit now on the line since we were no longer living there)

The changed their chipin claiming they now needed extra money to be captains and pay the security deposit on the house, (here's the link where you can read their petition for more money http://tulsa2nh.chipin.com/trip-to-n...n-till-we-drop)

but when supporters chipped in and gave it to them they didn't follow through with what they claimed they needed it for. This is absolutely dishonest.

They raised another $1500 in two weeks on their chip in and I never saw a penny of it for that deposit.

I begged them for the money to cover the security deposit so I wouldn't lose out on any money (since they were smoking full time in a non smoking house). They never gave me a penny. They also took money from volunteers claiming that it was for the security deposit and didn't give it back to them.

They are no longer allowed to associate with Operation Live Free or Die. They are not welcome in the houses that OLFD has rented in Vegas and I would warn you against allowing them into your homes.

Despite being "house captains" they left volunteers there stranded at the house, whom we had to help get out of New Hampshire with money and a plane ticket. They also left them without any food or gas money, despite receiving a large donation just before leaving.

They left for Las Vegas, and are there now, and still have yet to return money to the volunteers who they took it from.

These are not the type of people that we need representing Dr. Paul, and it has been a complete nightmare working with them.

The stuff above is just the icing on the cake. It is a summary of some of the points and reasons why these people should not be welcomed in Las Vegas.

Some might say, well they messed up but it's still good that they want to help. I don't think so. During the time that we were living with them there were many days that they only worked for a few hours. I don't think these types of people are valuable to the campaign. They mostly just want to have fun and party.

Sharing about Ron Paul is fun, but if you can't respect other people and property then you are not wanted. Even if they do work as well to spread the freedom message, they should not be representing this campaign.

I hope I never have to see or talk to these people again and hope that none of you would ever have to work with them.

***END POST***

I was there in New Hampshire and had first hand, eye witness account of this entire thing. the only reason I am putting this out right now is because I don't feel there has been adequate defense of Roxi and Jay. The thread by Laura and Wes is very dangerous because it's hampering the Ron Paul campaign. Roxi and Jay are more hardworking than most of you reading this probably are, and to try and stop them from campaigning by not giving them a place to stay is ridiculous! it's just plain mean!

To air something like that on a public stage, which was just more or less personal dirty laundry, is so childish, and belligerently inconsiderate that it kind of blows my mind they did this.

DO NOT take these peoples word. GET THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY AT:

http://tulsatonewhampshire.blogspot.com

I personally know that Roxi's side of the story is the truer side. Laura sat on her butt all day and I NEVER ONCE saw her doing anything for the campaign!!!!!

So in closing: If Roxi or Jay need help campaigning for Dr. Paul. What ever that means, a place to stay, food to eat, money to use.....help them! For goodness sake, DON'T take the Laundsburys word for it! Help people, that's what Dr. Paul would do!

asgardshill
01-19-2008, 01:30 PM
http://www.natural-lifestyle.com/Kitchenware/Popcorn/popcorn-WB.jpg

Get it while its hot, folks.