PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Unequivocally Rules Out 3rd Party Run [Admin: claim is disputed]

Rede
01-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Jeff Gillan: The chances of you getting the Republican nomination-I don't mean to, uh, insult you-are somewhat slim perhaps. But let me ask you this, are you considering a third party run? Would you rule that out?

Ron Paul: Yeah, I'm ruling it out. I have no intention of doing that. I have no plans to do it, don't want to do it, its not going to happen.

JG: So, if you don't get the Republican nomination you're out?

RP: That's right.

Paul supporters are better off starting the Revolution in the Republican Party after the Democrats win the White House anyways. (If Ron Paul doesn't win, that is.) What America needs is some Ron Paul Republicans in office.

Source: http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6hZfxsJ4lQ (At the very end, about 7 minute mark.)

yongrel
01-19-2008, 11:59 AM
MayTheRon, take that!

Phantom
01-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Ron Paul: "Yeah, I'm ruling it out. I have no intention of doing that. I have no plans to do it, don't want to do it, its not going to happen UNLESS MY SUPPORTERS WANT IT TO HAPPEN, AFTERALL, IT IS THEIR MONEY THAT WILL HELP ME WIN IN THE END.

ValidusCustodiae
01-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes, sorry, but I am tired of people on here continually hyping 3rd party run when we aren't even halfway through these wide open primaries. Thank God the Dr. finally ruled it out for good.

NOW LETS WIN A REPUBLICAN PRIMARY!

speciallyblend
01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
well i guess the republican party is in deepshit now, they might as well run as hillary republicans;)

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 12:03 PM
"Ron Paul Unequivocally Rules Out 3rd Party Run"

:confused: :(

Well, there went my enthusiasm. I will still vote for him in California, but if he won't run independent, then his heart is not really in this.

hueylong
01-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Sigh... he can't say anything about 3rd party at this point. Get a grip. If there is support, he'll do it.

FreeTraveler
I think we just found the real name for all the other candidates...

HillaRepublicans

:D

Johnnybags
no matter what. Maybe he can take the republican side of the Unity 08 ticket and not be considered third party? Truly sad that has to answer that question all the time. I wish he would do it in time. The republican party is no longer, its been taken over by inflation loving Neocons.

Phantom
01-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Exactly hueylong

ValidusCustodiae
01-19-2008, 12:06 PM

Well, there went my enthusiasm. I will still vote for him in California, but if he won't run independent, then his heart is not really in this.

How can you say that? His heart is not really in this? What do you think his motives are, then? My God, why do you have to hang all your hopes on a 3rd party run when again we haven't even gotten halfway through the primaries!

Have you ever heard of the phrase "JUmping the gun"? That is what so many of you have been doing!

B of R guy
01-19-2008, 12:10 PM
We need to hunker down and take over the Republican party. Long term success is unlikely for a third party.

Rede
01-19-2008, 12:13 PM
We need to hunker down and take over the Republican party. Long term success is unlikely for a third party.

Exactly.

maqsur
01-19-2008, 12:15 PM

I don't think it's completely fair to say his heart is not in it. Although Dr. Paul admits in the beginning he was skeptical of running, he also said that his supporters have cured his skepticism, hence why he is campaigning as hard as he can.

If, in the end (and hopefully this won't be the case), he does not get the nomination, and he wants to return to congress, than I will support that. If he changes his mind, and decides to go third party, then I will support him.

But to say his heart is not in it, I think is not accurate. He will give it his best shot, and the rest is out of his hands (it is in our hands).

DAFTEK
01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
then his heart is not really in this.

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT? SHAME ON U! wtf...

DealzOnWheelz
01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
I heard somewhere there was an al queda plot to bomb the New Hampshire FOx debate that ROn Paul wasn't invited to....

HHHMMMMM..........

Could we have been sooooo lucky??

yongrel
01-19-2008, 12:25 PM

Go away, Negative Nancy

robert4rp08
01-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah 3rd party run would be a big F you to the Republican party. His 10% would destroy the GOP in the general election. Hell, I'd use that as leverage to get the GOP to wake up.

MikeStanart
01-19-2008, 12:30 PM

The more I read from you; the more it sounds like you're from an enemy camp.

So who do you work for?

Mccain? Romney? Clinton?

Why don't you just fess up now.

Liberty_is_NORML
01-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah 3rd party run would be a big F you to the Republican party. His 10% would destroy the GOP in the general election. Hell, I'd use that as leverage to get the GOP to wake up.

QFT

WTFYO
01-19-2008, 12:55 PM

how about take back the republican party?

Mark
01-19-2008, 01:00 PM
This Revolution is JUST beginning. It doesn't END with this campaign. We will NOT let it go this time. Period! Be ready for the long haul people.

Seanmc30
01-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Actually, I understand exactly why he would do it. He knows Libertarians and independents don't have a shot, and the only way to really give a reasonable option to the liberals is by completely reorganizing the warmongering republican base, to a group of people who actually know what the definition of "freedom" is when they say the word.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing I worry about is that IF RP does loose this election, he may be to old to run again in 4 years.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 01:02 PM

True. Maybe just the threat of an indy run with a lot of delegates could get him a VP slot?

emk
01-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Saying this was well timed. Now people in the GOP will take him more seriously.

Soccrmastr
01-19-2008, 01:05 PM
I think Paul is slipping up. He never means to say this, just like that clip on CNn of him saying he doesnt think he can win or something. He's just tired.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 01:09 PM
If he really got 63% of the independents in NV, he might change his mind. :)

Goldwater Conservative
01-19-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm starting to think he just doesn't want to put his family and his health through the grueling nature of an independent run. So far he's barely been attacked by the Dems since they think he has no chance and are focused on their own primaries, and the Repubs have been dividing their internal scorn between several candidates. Imagine if he was getting the full brunt of it from BOTH sides for eight or nine months, all while dealing with the biases against running third party.

Feelgood
01-19-2008, 01:30 PM

Dude, are you truly that clueless? Yours is the heart that is not in this. Its Republican or nothing. How can you be so clueless? Or are you that desperate for Hillary? Is that what you really want? You pretend to be a RP supporter, but you really want Hillary to win? You come here hoping in the end he really runs third party, splits the vote enough to get another Clinton in the office?

For those of us that are real Ron Paul supporters, I would ask that you please stop with your defeatist talk, and mentions of a third party run. We really do not need nor want your dribble here. We are in it to win it, and that will only happen on a Republican ticket. If you cant seem to understand that, that which even RON PAUL himself has explained repeatedly, then you are already lost. Please do not try taking the rest of us down with you.

Thank you...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Dude, are you truly that clueless? Yours is the heart that is not in this. Its Republican or nothing.

It's obvious that your loyalty is to the GOP, not to Ron and his message.

For those of us that are real Ron Paul supporters, I would ask that you please stop with your defeatist talk

The defeatist is you, saying that the "only" option is your dying, corrupt, war-mongering GOP. :mad:

Why don't you go back to your Hannity message board.

newnews
01-19-2008, 01:37 PM
It would be OK to go back on this statement later if needed

Why is everyone so stuck on the two party system? The GOP has been against us practically every step of the way.

Why not a new party? You don't think 33+% of the voting population might back a new party that gives them a VOICE?

I do. These two political parties are sold out, all the way to every local district across the nation. Sure a few slip thru the cracks but not enough. And neither one is saying anything about this ongoing travesty and mockery of the supreme law of the land - the Constitution. Basic human rights and dignities are being slowly subverted, is this not an important issue? To demand our sovereign rights?

Why are the parties both bought and sold , content to have their minions in the dark about their real motives, intentions and agenda.

I think Ron Paul is awesome, should be the President but the GOP obviously would rather give it to Clinton or Obama than let Ron Paul even be considered "legitimate" in their eyes.

newnews
01-19-2008, 01:43 PM
also I want to throw in there are times in USA history where the major parties did not speak to large sections of "controversial" issues and third parties were formed and were successful at times.

If Ross Perot hadn't thrown the election in the final days....might not have ever seen komrade klinton or the chimp fuhrer....

How about the Whigs? lol jk

Reform Constitution Libertarian Green - I don't care , if the GOP screws us, we should screw them

angrydragon
01-19-2008, 03:06 PM
If he really got 63% of the independents in NV, he might change his mind. :)

Only 10% of the voting block were independents, the rest are republican votes.

Just because we're in the GOP doesn't mean we follow the war party block of the party. We follow the principles that republicans used to stand for, as Dr. Paul does.

MikeStanart
01-19-2008, 03:09 PM
It's obvious that your loyalty is to the GOP, not to Ron and his message.

The defeatist is you, saying that the "only" option is your dying, corrupt, war-mongering GOP. :mad:

Why don't you go back to your Hannity message board.

For the last time; get off this board and do something productive.

Your trolling is getting annyoing; and nobody likes it.

RSLudlum
01-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Paul supporters are better off starting the Revolution in the Republican Party after the Democrats win the White House anyways. (If Ron Paul doesn't win, that is.) What America needs are some Ron Paul Republicans.

Source: http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6hZfxsJ4lQ (At the very end, about 7 minute mark.)

If for some reason it doesn't happen I suggest pushing for a Mark Sanford candidency.

Also we need to use our networking here to support all RP Republican's running for public office from city council to Senate seats!

OReich
01-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Ron Paul: "Yeah, I'm ruling it out. I have no intention of doing that. I have no plans to do it, don't want to do it, its not going to happen UNLESS MY SUPPORTERS WANT IT TO HAPPEN, AFTERALL, IT IS THEIR MONEY THAT WILL HELP ME WIN IN THE END.

You're making this up entirely, or did you hear this somewhere? You got me so excited when I read this, and then I was disappointed when he didn't actually say this in the video. What's especially realistic about your fake quote is "unless my supporters want it to happen" is such a beautiful excuse to make up for the constant "I don't plan on doing it" responses he's had.

Just so people know, I don't think people will be too pissed at Paul is he turns around and decides to run anyway. First of all, this country is more important than any party. And he can say he only ran as a Republican because he thought then that that was best for America, and that he knows better now (given that he has a ton of enthusiastic support, and money to spend on spreading the message).

Honestly, I've been fantasizing about him running as the LP candidate ever since the bad showing in New Hampshire. I don't think he'd win, but I think it'd be the beginning of the establishment of the LP as a major party. I think he should announce ahead of time that he will both join the LP and accept its nomination on July 4th, and encourage us all to donate and join the Libertarian Party in moneybomb fashion as well.

Could you imagine if all our money went not just to Paul but to publicity for the LP? It would mean long-term growth for the liberty movement as a whole. I guess maybe not all of us are that enthusiastic about the LP's platform (which is at least 99% what Ron Paul's platform is) or the third-party route.

Can you imagine four years from now, someone running on the LP ticket with Ron Paul's heavy support? If he's pro-choice, we get to say "Now with abortion!" :p

The Only Woj
01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
oh, he's running. he might not want to, but we're running him goddamnit.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
oh, he's running. he might not want to, but we're running him goddamnit.

Right on.

transistor
01-19-2008, 03:34 PM
after this and the cnn interview last night, i'm done with this campaign. i've spent countless hours the past 10 months supporting ron, but i think it's time to move on....

here comes the troll comments...

Kotin
01-19-2008, 03:43 PM

hello ppl..

read it all!

we will fund him.

Rede
01-19-2008, 03:46 PM
after this and the cnn interview last night, i'm done with this campaign. i've spent countless hours the past 10 months supporting ron, but i think it's time to move on....

here comes the troll comments...

This is a long term movement. Revolutions only happen overnight if they're armed. There are Senate/Congress votes this year, in two years, and again in four years with the next Presidential election. Look how much progress was made in the last 10 months... how about not abandoning that?

BlutStein
01-19-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't care if he stays in republican party or runs 3rd party now. I want him to win but overall its getting the message out and screwing neocons over. They will not keep control over my party. My vote will be fore Ron Paul no matter what. Now if its a vote for electing him as president or a protest vote...it matters very little to me.

I can't in good conscious vote for anyone else. I hope everyone here joins me in voting for Ron Paul, no matter what.

Rede
01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
If Paul runs as a third party candidate that will be the end of the "Ron Paul Republican" movement. The more I think about it the more I think this is much better route to long-term success.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-19-2008, 04:28 PM
If Paul runs as a third party candidate that will be the end of the "Ron Paul Republican" movement. The more I think about it the more I think this is much better route to long-term success.

Who gives a shit about Republicans? We can see where your loyalty is. You should go over to the Hannity message boards, you traitor.

The GOP has treated Ron like garbage... like dirt... like a f*cking disease. :mad:

MikeStanart
01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Who gives a shit about Republicans? We can see where your loyalty is. You should go over to the Hannity message boards, you traitor.

The GOP has treated Ron like garbage... like dirt... like a f*cking disease. :mad:

You've got some growing up to do.

Rede
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM

3rd parties don't win. Taking over the Republican party is the way to go. I'd rather do it this time around, but if that isn't going to happen we should be thinking about 2010 and 2012 not a futile attempt at a third party run where there will be more effort spent on getting on the ballot than getting elected.

For the record, its people like you that give Ron Paul supporters a bad name.

Rede
01-27-2008, 11:00 AM
This needs a bump since people seem to be unaware of it.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 11:06 AM
3rd parties don't win. Taking over the Republican party is the way to go. I'd rather do it this time around, but if that isn't going to happen we should be thinking about 2010 and 2012 not a futile attempt at a third party run where there will be more effort spent on getting on the ballot than getting elected.

For the record, its people like you that give Ron Paul supporters a bad name.

Leave now, you troll. Go back to the Hannity forum. I guess you missed Ron threatening the other candidates at the Florida debate with an independent run.

clintontj72
01-27-2008, 11:08 AM

HillaRepublicans

Or Hillapublicans :D

ninepointfive
01-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Leave now, you troll. Go back to the Hannity forum. I guess you missed Ron threatening the other candidates at the Florida debate with an independent run.

Look guys, I'm inclined to agree with both sides. Stay in the GOP and reform it, or have Paul run 3rd Party.

WE ARE ALL FOR PAUL HERE, SO THERE'S NO NEED TO ARGUE!

And yes, Paul did threaten an independent run at the debates!

Wyurm
01-27-2008, 12:17 PM
How can you say that? His heart is not really in this? What do you think his motives are, then? My God, why do you have to hang all your hopes on a 3rd party run when again we haven't even gotten halfway through the primaries!

Have you ever heard of the phrase "JUmping the gun"? That is what so many of you have been doing!

Because it's like I said before. Some supporters have a secondary agenda of challenging the 2 party system. By putting that secondary agenda ahead of what should be the primary agenda of getting a liberty minded person in the whitehouse, they are putting our chances at risk.

born2drv
01-27-2008, 12:18 PM

I disagree with this statement. If he runs 3rd party, he might get 5%, 10%, 20% even, but he will not win, and when he loses the movement will die with him.

If he remains in congress as a republican he will have much influence now, and he can work with us and we can bring about the needed reform to bring back conservatism. If Ron Paul loses the nom for the republican party, they are defeated anyways. Ron Paul will be one of the major players to reform the party and this makes me very happy. Of course winning will make me happier. Either way Ron is smart and he wants to keep this movement alive.

UtahApocalypse
01-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Ironically I just watched Ron Paul himself say "I am in it as long as the supporters are backing me" So I think that it's up to US where this campaign goes, and how long.

CaliforniaAndre
01-27-2008, 12:24 PM
The GOP's worst fear is RP and a 3rd party.

He would have had LESS exposure then even the GOP gave him.
A smart man wont leave the ship until it's sinking. RP would be a fool to tell the world he would run 3rd party at this point.
That being said.....
He is a wise man...

He will do what he can to keep the bid alive!

rockandrollsouls
01-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Born2Drv, I disagree with you. No matter what the doctor does, the movement won't die. Maybe for you it will die when this is all over, but no matter what happens, I'm not changing my mind. I think no matter what Ron decides to do he will succeed.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I disagree with this statement. If he runs 3rd party, he might get 5%, 10%, 20% even, but he will not win, and when he loses the movement will die with him.

How do you know this??? What if he gets 30%? Or more? If the nominees are Hillary and Mitt (no McCain or Obama), where do the tens of millions of independents go??? Ron got 63% of independents in Nevada. Where do the antiwar people go? Where do the young people go?? Where do the "change" people go?

merrimac
01-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Ron's answer was a little bit of a downer. Those who say that this is about reforming the Republican party are missing the broader picture. This is about taking back a country. Long term, how you do that is through education about who really runs this country and Ron running either as the Republican nominee or as an independent will help spread this message.

But I think this election will be about third party candidates moreso than previous ones whether Ron runs or not. Mike Gravel says that he plans to run as an independent, so maybe he'll take some Democratic votes. People think Bloomburg will run so who knows which side he'll take votes from. Kuccinich hasn't ruled it out. I don't think Nader has anything better to do, lol. So should Ron Paul run it's not like he will get the brunt of the wrath from the people who blame the "spoilers".

I think that Ron making Republicans mad by running as a third party candidate is overhyped. I think deep down, they will think their candidate sucks the same way a lot of Democrats thought John Kerry sucked. And mainstream Republicans have claimed all along that Ron really isn't a Republican and that his views are more in line with the Democrats. So if they are telling the truth, then they have nothing to worry about. :D:D:D

Eric21ND
01-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Sigh... he can't say anything about 3rd party at this point. Get a grip. If there is support, he'll do it.

I know its like duh. He didn't want to run as President at all, but was convinced. He doesn't want to run 3rd party either, and if it comes to that then the grassroots will convince him again.

It's the 2nd inning people...wait till bottom of the 9th with this stuff.

familydog
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Hmm let's see......

Option A: If Paul loses the GOP bid he doesn't do an independent run, but stays within the GOP to form a new Taft/Goldwater esque coalition that will have a lot of steam after the next four years of a Democrat in the whitehouse.

Option B: If Ron loses the GOP bid, he goes on to run an independent run. the MSM blackout of his message gets worse, he gets single digits in Novemeber, exlcuded from the debates, it's percieved he loses the election for the GOP, and the GOP hates him so much they even further their neocon slide and turn off completely to it.

Hmm....it's a close call.

:rolleyes:

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Option B: If Ron loses the GOP bid, he goes on to run an independent run. the MSM blackout of his message gets worse, he gets single digits in November, excluded from the debates, it's perceived he loses the election for the GOP, and the GOP hates him so much they even further their neocon slide and turn off completely to it.

I find your lack of faith disturbing. You are being a pessimist, and you seem to have no confidence in Dr Paul or his message. Are you saying we cannot do as well as Ross Perot or better???

JGalt
01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Great. We are going to get screwed by the GOP now. I'm going to register LP immediately after the KY primary and set my affairs in order to prepare for 8 years of Hillary...

familydog
01-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I find your lack of faith disturbing. You are being a pessimist, and you seem to have no confidence in Dr Paul or his message. Are you saying we cannot do as well as Ross Perot or better???

Yes. I'm saying that. I'm find your faith that somehow he can do what Ross Perot did and better pretty naive.

I'm pretty tired of you running around the forum saying that anyone who disagrees with a third party run or an independent run is somehow not loyal the message.

hueylong
01-27-2008, 01:28 PM
He hasn't ruled it out unequivocally. It's necessary to focus on the Republican process at this time.

roho76
01-27-2008, 01:41 PM

HillaRepublicans

How bout RepubliClintons. Or even adding an "onians" feel on the end there somewhere. That would be nice.

LukeNM
01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
"Ron Paul Unequivocally Rules Out 3rd Party Run" :confused: :(

It has nothing to do with his heart not being in it. It may be our hearts he is concerned with. He has run 3rd party before and he knows it is hard to get on ballots, no debates, etc. You think he is being ignored now? Let's not loose focus; this 3rd party stuff is just as distracting as the billionaire posts.

LibertyEagle
01-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Go away, Negative Nancy

Hey, I resent that. My name is Nancy and I am NOT negative. :p

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Yes. I'm saying that. I'm find your faith that somehow he can do what Ross Perot did and better pretty naive.

I'm pretty tired of you running around the forum saying that anyone who disagrees with a third party run or an independent run is somehow not loyal the message.

And I'm tired of pessimists like you telling us Ron is a loser. Perot was a pint-sized nut case with no government experience. Ron can do better than Perot. You seem to have no faith in him at all, so I'm wondering why you are even here.

I'm also tired of GOP shills here (usually with suspiciously low post counts) telling us that if Ron runs independent it "will be bad for the GOP." The GOP is a disgrace, and no true RP supporter give a damn about the dying, corrupt, war-mongering, neocon-infested GOP that has treated Ron like dirt.

seeker1
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
For the last time; get off this board and do something productive.

Your trolling is getting annyoing; and nobody likes it.

Personally, I can't stand all this troll baiting on this forum. Anytime someone suggests there is a flaw in our movement....TROLL.

What you characterize as trolling, I consider a legitimate contribution to the discussion.

Does that make me a troll as well? Probably.

Replying to an argument by attacking the person making the argument, rather than addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against it, reveals your own ignorance.

I realize civility toward others is a lost art and I am sorry for that.

Give me a reason to not lose heart.

We've had miserable showings to date (blatant GOP cheating and the media blackout excluded) and the sad reality is that America obviously doesn't want to be reformed. And all the positive thinking in the world won't change that.

I see dark times ahead with our economy in ruins, a military draft, dissenters locked away in detention camps with no hope because we squandered our chance thinking there's always next time.

We're a country that has lost it's moral compass and we have the government we deserve. Don't get me wrong to think I mean that "religion" is the answer. I don't. (I think that is part of the problem...a discussion for another time)

I simply mean that, as a nation, we no longer have any virtue and your(and many posters like you) discourtesy reveals that in all its vainglory.

But never fear, eventually you'll have your little clique and it will be filled with people just like you, incapable of effecting any change.

I'm reminded of a quote by Noam Chomsky certainly not a pillar of conservatism, but nonetheless correct when he says:

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -Noam Chomsky

Don't bother flaming me, it won't have the effect you desire. :)

----------------------------------------------
"To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea." (an unrealistic fantasy) -James Madison

GoDrNo
01-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Check out the new video released by Ron Paul today!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nJH6zB9VM&eurl=http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/news/

In this vid he talks about the successes and shortcomings of the campaign so far, and the moves that HQ has made to better the campaign. He also addresses how far he will go at the 6:50 mark and again around the 9:20 mark, basically he says he will keep going as long as we continue to support him with our hard work on the ground and the $ to keep the campaign going.

TastyWheat
01-27-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't think we can count on Ron running as an independent or 3rd party candidate. So the best thing we can do is not forget his words and his message. When you go into the ballot box choose "Ron Paul Republicans", libertarians, constitutionalists and anyone else working to restore the republic.

me3
01-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Because it's like I said before. Some supporters have a secondary agenda of challenging the 2 party system. By putting that secondary agenda ahead of what should be the primary agenda of getting a liberty minded person in the whitehouse, they are putting our chances at risk.
There are waaaay too many secondary agendas. Vote Fraud (which is why I have stopped listening to RPR Radio, because all they seem to talk about is Vote Fraud and conspiracy), Truth movement, Libertarian Movement, Media Accountability, "Insert other candidate here" bashing, Democrat bashing, GOP bashing, bashing, bashing, bashing.

If he remains in congress as a republican he will have much influence now, and he can work with us and we can bring about the needed reform to bring back conservatism. If Ron Paul loses the nom for the republican party, they are defeated anyways. Ron Paul will be one of the major players to reform the party and this makes me very happy. Of course winning will make me happier. Either way Ron is smart and he wants to keep this movement alive.
Hallelujah brother! Dr. Paul will be an important figure on the Hill. There is so much to be gained longterm by staying GOP, little to be gained by running third party.

I anticipate it will be used as leverage at the RNC.

The more I read from you; the more it sounds like you're from an enemy camp.

So who do you work for?

Mccain? Romney? Clinton?

Why don't you just fess up now.
I doubt he is working for Dr. Paul. He's certainly done his fair share to undermine the attempt at the GOP nomination.

This Revolution is JUST beginning. It doesn't END with this campaign. We will NOT let it go this time. Period! Be ready for the long haul people.
Hallelujah brother! Sing it from the rooftops!

UROC hasn't. The Alabama Republican Assembly hasn't. We're making progress, sorry it isn't fast enough for you. Maybe you could quit complaining about the GOP and pitch in.

You've got some growing up to do.
The people at Huck's army are delusional, and awaiting rapture. Some of the folks here are immature, and praying for Armageddon.

And I'm tired of pessimists like you telling us Ron is a loser. Perot was a pint-sized nut case with no government experience. Ron can do better than Perot. You seem to have no faith in him at all, so I'm wondering why you are even here.

I'm also tired of GOP shills here (usually with suspiciously low post counts) telling us that if Ron runs independent it "will be bad for the GOP." The GOP is a disgrace, and no true RP supporter give a damn about the dying, corrupt, war-mongering, neocon-infested GOP that has treated Ron like dirt.
You mean like Murray Sabrin? Or Gary Johnson? Or Barry Goldwater Jr.? or Jim Guest? or Mark Sanford?

BreakYourChains
01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
It would be OK to go back on this statement later if needed

Why is everyone so stuck on the two party system? The GOP has been against us practically every step of the way.

Why not a new party? You don't think 33+% of the voting population might back a new party that gives them a VOICE?

I do. These two political parties are sold out, all the way to every local district across the nation. Sure a few slip thru the cracks but not enough. And neither one is saying anything about this ongoing travesty and mockery of the supreme law of the land - the Constitution. Basic human rights and dignities are being slowly subverted, is this not an important issue? To demand our sovereign rights?

Why are the parties both bought and sold , content to have their minions in the dark about their real motives, intentions and agenda.

I think Ron Paul is awesome, should be the President but the GOP obviously would rather give it to Clinton or Obama than let Ron Paul even be considered "legitimate" in their eyes.

Agreed. And, this may be the overall plan. Wake Up, People! Ron Paul all of the way, no matter what, if he is willing! He will be willing if we support him!

tpreitzel
01-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Paul supporters are better off starting the Revolution in the Republican Party after the Democrats win the White House anyways. (If Ron Paul doesn't win, that is.) What America needs is some Ron Paul Republicans in office.

I always thought he really meant it. At his age, you do the best you can realistically. Running as an independent has its unique set of problems. Personally, I think it's time for others to carry the torch of liberty to places like the US Congress and state legislatures as well. Ron will continue to fight for the GOP nomination, and we must help ensure him that victory. From reading his response, I can almost sense a sigh of relief from Ron.

GoDrNo
01-27-2008, 02:42 PM
video that RP campaign posted today, showing he's willing to carry the fight as long as we keep supporting him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nJH6zB9VM&eurl=http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/news/

me3
01-27-2008, 02:43 PM
We need a $5 million money bomb to make that happen then.

ronpaulhawaii
01-27-2008, 02:54 PM

I am usually suspicious of people with abnormally high post counts who refer to post-counts as some kind of a gauge. I am also suspicious of anyone who insists on disparaging the GOP on a forum for REPUBLICANS!!! We may have gathered here from all across the political spectrum, but "here" we are running a race for the REPUBLICAN nomination.

In the bigger picture, this movement is about booting the neo-cons out of OUR party and sending them scurrying back to the socialist hell-hole they came out of. When one considers the broad appeal of RP's REPUBLICAN platform, one can see a new GOP evolving that can dominate US politics...

angrydragon
01-27-2008, 03:04 PM

Why do you support this third-party bs? It's not going to happen, 3rd parties don't win presidential elections since the two-party system is so locked in. Supporting Dr Paul as republicans doesn't mean we're loyal to the current party platform or war-party plans, we support him as republicans to restore freedom, prosperity, peace, and to restore the Constitution which republicans used believe in. This is why we get so many voters and old republicans to vote republican again for Dr. Paul. He's cured our apathy in this two-party system.

The GOP is troubled and hurt by the liberal-socialists (neoconservatives) that came in from the Democratic Party many years ago.

I reviewed the question about the independent run in the last debate and Dr. Paul said he has no intention of doing that, but that the establishment should be afraid of the idea of him running third-party. He didn't threaten anyone.

Sauron
01-27-2008, 03:06 PM
We need to maintain the two party system. Multiple party systems degenerate into complete mobocracies.

Rede
01-27-2008, 05:52 PM
How exactly is the info disputed? I literally quoted from a video on Ron Paul himself saying a third party run is not going to happen, posted a working link to the video, and that is disputed? Seriously?

Also, to those who don't really get it, I'm not a troll simply because I post news you don't like. I don't appreciate being told to leave because you don't like what Ron Paul said, and I really hope you don't react that way to things you don't like in "the real world". Honestly, if you do you're probably turning off a ton of potential supporters and really hurting the movement more than helping, just like you do when you propogate rumors that have been disavowed by Ron Paul.

CTAC
01-27-2008, 05:56 PM
"I think we've achieved a lot more than even the optimists believed ...this is the reason [I]I don't close the door to anything."

brandon13830
01-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah I don't get how this is disputed either. Maybe people don't believe him but he did flat out say that he would not run third party.

seeker1
01-28-2008, 12:01 PM
If he remains in congress as a republican he will have much influence now

Without a win, he'll have as much influence later as he does now. Not much. A lone voice crying in the wilderness.:(

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Since then he has made two very strong hints at an independent run. That's why it's disputed.

seeker1
01-28-2008, 12:06 PM
We need to maintain the two party system. Multiple party systems degenerate into complete mobocracies.

These two parties that you are so enamoured with have a complete lock on the process and are part of the reason Ron Paul is not a front-runner at this time.

More than two parties would give voice to those that don't have one and force coalitions to form.

Two parties can probably be proven to be the cause of the polarization in our country and need to be dilluted by new voices.

kotetu
01-28-2008, 12:08 PM

Paul has said this every time - he doesn't intend to do it again. He's not interested in "making a statement". He wants to make a change, and to do that he's got to win as a Republican.

Check out the link in my sig - I talk about the bolded part of your quote.