PDA

View Full Version : Precinct Leader Question

Harald
01-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Posting here to get more views. Hopefully knows the answer.

I become a precinct captain and some of the names on the walk list marked with one, two or three exclamation marks. (! !! and !!!)

Does anyone know what they mean?

The rest of marking is clarified.

G = gun rights person
L = pro life
T = lower taxes, etc

bdennis5
01-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I think they represent they are people of influence. They will cause others to vote the same way. You should make it a point to win these people over.

WilliamC
01-19-2008, 11:32 AM
! important people

!! more important people

!!! Very Important People

Eponym_mi
01-19-2008, 11:32 AM
$ indicates they are a donor to the GOP. !! indicates they are a volunteer or a person with influence.

BeFranklin
01-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks, I was just wondering that myself.

I just signed up - my state isn't a super-Tuesday state. If yours is, you better get a move on and sign up!!!!

KramerDSP
01-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Just signed up for Precinct 26, and am about to get some slim jims. What does the score represent ? 90, 65, and 80 are some scores I am seeing. Thanks.

ETA: lower case letters like l, t, and g are for less fervent supporters of those things, as opposed to capital letters, correct ?

Soccrmastr
01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
It explains everything in the canvassing guide

a2planet2
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM
It's based on RNC data. I don't know how the RNC gathers the data, but they assign voters a score from 1 to 50 for "sphere of influence" with 1 being the most influential. The documentation specifies a threshold number for "target" and "non-target." If I recall, being in the "target" score gets one !, getting half (double-it's a rank) gets !!, and scoring like 1 to 3 gets the voter a !!!.

A lot of people say that the RNC data is inaccurate but I can't imagine these score are issued arbitrarily.

So, take the !'s with a grain of salt. Ultimately every voter is one vote, and whether they have three exclamation points or none, we want them on our side.