PDA

View Full Version : Announcing- Hele wawae loa a Kokua Ron Paul

ronpaulhawaii
07-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Or, how a Hawaiian Ron Paul Supporter puts his feet where his mouth is,

Or, how’s this for boots on the ground?

Literal translation is, Long Walk to Help Ron Paul

On July 26th , our local meetup will begin a quest to insure Ron Paul’s name and message reaches every corner of the island of Oahu. We are going to do this via a 6 day / 140 mile march around and over the island; carrying signs, while support vehicles will be in the general area passing out literature (with custom Ron Paul balloons), and generally just providing local faces to go with “the name” people saw everywhere on the 4th of July.

If you want to follow our progress, you can log onto www.ronpaulhawii.org/islandwalk. While we are not the most hi-tech group in the nation, we will be posting daily videos and updates throughout the trek. The main updates will happen at the end of each day. Time Zone issues will cause most updates to happen overnight for those on the mainland. We hope to create something you all can enjoy; beautiful scenery, wonderful people, and a powerful message. Come join us and see what else we have in store…

If you wish to help “the cause”, we are collecting pledges (00.10 per mile and up). We prefer that these pledges be fulfilled by donating directly to Dr. Paul’s Campaign at www.ronpaul2008.com/donate. I will, also, accept pledges to help support our local efforts and advertising plans. Either way, we ask that all interested participants e-mail us directly at, “ronpaulhawaii(at)hotmail(dot)com” with a subject line of “Hele Pledge” so that we can tabulate a result of our efforts. 10 cents a mile will add up to about $14. This is not much for most people to part with, so we hope to have lots of participants contributing to Dr. Paul because of this. We all really need to boost his numbers for the next quarter and this could be a fun way to do so. In your email please indicate whether we can include your name, (first or full), and city, to the list we will be publically posting. For specific questions about this event, please use “Hele question” as your subject line.

Please understand that the owner of the above e-mail address is walking and will only be able to respond at the end of each day to a limited number of questions. I would prefer general questions, comments posted to http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul_oahu_meetup (or this thread for RPF netizens)

Mahalo for your interest in this quest. We hope to hear from you in our common goal to put a great American in The White House, and help bring honesty, integrity and respect back to the United States of America.

Please repost far and wide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxgZe5dryg

mkauai - posting on his lunch break...

UCFGavin
07-27-2007, 06:34 PM
awesome cause! i'll see what i can do as far as making a donation myself.

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Here is correct link:

http://www.ronpaulhawaii.org/islandwalk/

Looking at purple line, lots of progress so far.

Dan Klaus
07-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Wow...this is very, very cool....outstanding work...

ronpaulhawaii
07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
aloha, too beat to post, have one more day, covered over 100 miles so far and have 10s of thousands of name impressions, (someone has estimated over 50,000). Have given out almost a thousand flyers, to homeowners, seniors at bus stops. It is working well. My ankles are swollen and hurt much less then the boys at valley forge. The video should be good and I look forward to updateing the web site...

Have to start walking...

m

DjLoTi
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
wow, that is amazing. I hope you guys get some really good coverage

DeadheadForPaul
07-30-2007, 12:03 PM
yay hawaii

ronpaulhawaii
07-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Aloha,

We have 1 more mile to walk this morning, downtown to the State House.:eek:

Yes. I feel it...:)

Working on the main vid.

Estimates of name impressions are over 100k:D

Over a thousand flyers handed out:D

This adventure gave birth to a few other ideas;)

I put a few pics from my cam here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=14594937