PDA

View Full Version : With everything being pushed up this year, Iowa?

Dave Wood
07-27-2007, 06:18 PM
My Question is since we are really in the middle of vacation season and aside from our passion, there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of folks paying any attention right now.

Is it possible that we are overdoing the importance of Iowa straw given the changes this year?

We are in the dog days of summer, 17 months before the next election, It seems to me that we might be pouring our hearts out at the wrong event/time period.

Just a question, I am new to this grassroots campaign stuff and I really believe in what we are doing, I just hope we are being careful to make the proper effort in the proper states/events.

foofighter20x
07-27-2007, 06:25 PM
It's simple market strategy thinking.

A win here can reap massive dividends... It's worth the risk and investment.

freelance
07-27-2007, 06:30 PM
It may be 17 months before the general election, but it's the primaries that are important. They start in SIX months, and they're over in the blink of an eye.

USPatriot36
07-27-2007, 08:12 PM
First off, the Iowa debate and straw poll get a lot of national media attention so we of course want to make the most out of it as a good showing will be hard for the MSM to completely ignore, though they will downplay it.

Half of the delegates will be selected by the time Super Tuesday is over (February 5th) so that can be looked upon as the finishing line. If we haven't carried a significant number of states by then, the Primary will be practically lost.

If we do well in the straw poll, say 10 percent of the voters then it will show the National polls for the shams they are and Ron Paul will be recognized for the tier 1 candidate he is. If we fail with say 3 percent of the vote, the media will repeat that message 100,000 times between now and January when the primaries start.

That, in my opinion, is why this vote is so important.

MozoVote
07-27-2007, 08:37 PM
We still have the Florida situation to figure out. The South Carolina GOP is on record as saying that their state WILL be the first southern state, and that if Florida does not back off, they will change the primary. By-laws say they can modify it with just 24 hours notice.

If SC goes ahead of NH, then NH will advance theirs as well.