PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Scholarship Needs help!!!!!!

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Nanerbeet had a great idea, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92733 , a Ron Paul Scholarship essay contest for elementary schoolers.

I registered the domain name ronpaulscholarship.com and have a quickie page up there. I will get a site working later today.

The idea is to raise $ for scholarships and have kids write an essay on why Ron Paul should be our president. We could divide elementary school kids into 3 groups, 1st and 2nd grade, 3rd and 4th grade, 5th and 6th grade. We could offer $2500 scholarship for the winner in each category, $1000 each for 2nd place, $500 each for 3rd. That would be $12,000 total.

Hopefully we can raise more and offer more prizes.

The goal is to get parents involved with their kids' essay so we are really educating the parents as well. Also, it may be a great way to get some media for the RP campaign.

We need:

Someone with Chip In experience to set up a chip in, and handle the money.

People to help raise money.

People to volunteer to be judges. That could be a big task if this takes off. lol

Once we have met our $ goal, we need to get the word out to the schools.

Let's make it happen!

CoreyBowen999
01-19-2008, 10:08 AM
how about 9th graders :D

nc4rp
01-19-2008, 10:09 AM
i like it. even if its only $500 for each group its still a good idea. it can be a way for parents to spread Dr. Pauls good name to other kids parents in the class. i can chip like $10 to this effort if it can get up quick. a few hundred people can get this done quick and have the flyer into the classmate's parents hands a week before super tuesday.

this is a national thing possibly can be alot more than $7500 in prizes if it takes off right.

homah
01-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Nanerbeet had a great idea, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92733 , a Ron Paul Scholarship essay contest for elementary schoolers.

I registered the domain name ronpaulscholarship.com and have a quickie page up there. I will get a site working later today.

The idea is to raise $ for scholarships and have kids write an essay on why Ron Paul should be our president. We could divide elementary school kids into 3 groups, 1st and 2nd grade, 3rd and 4th grade, 5th and 6th grade. We could offer $2500 scholarship for the winner in each category, $1000 each for 2nd place, $500 each for 3rd. That would be $12,000 total.

Hopefully we can raise more and offer more prizes.

The goal is to get parents involved with their kids' essay so we are really educating the parents as well. Also, it may be a great way to get some media for the RP campaign.

We need:

Someone with Chip In experience to set up a chip in, and handle the money.

People to help raise money.

People to volunteer to be judges. That could be a big task if this takes off. lol

Once we have met our $ goal, we need to get the word out to the schools.

Let's make it happen!

It would be cool if kids could submit their essays by video on youtube if they so desired. Then, you could link to all of them from the scholarship website. Maybe even offer a smaller scholarship for the best video essay submitted to youtube (not that it could not win best overall as well).

edit -- two things good about video...you get greater exposure to outsiders on youtube and you can be more certain that the kid is expressing his/her own words.

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 10:12 AM
It has to be a national thing and the flyers have to be out to the schools at least a week before super tuesday, so we really have to rock on this.

That's why much help is need and needed fast to at least get that far.

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 10:13 AM
It would be cool if kids could submit their essays by video on youtube if they so desired. Then, you could link to all of them from the scholarship website. Maybe even offer a smaller scholarship for the best video essay submitted to youtube (not that it could not win best overall as well).

Awesome idea! :)

We will use that for sure.

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 10:21 AM
One thing I just thought of, will schools shun this idea cuz it supports one candidate?

We may not be able to count on support from within the schools, but I con't know. Anyone care to chime in?

homah
01-19-2008, 10:22 AM
bump

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 11:06 AM
why not high schoolers? they need it most, going to colleges lol.

If we raise enough $ we can start including middle and high schoolers.

We want to get to the parents of these younger kids though. We want the parents to learn about Ron Paul as well as the kids. High schoolers tend to keep their parents out of the loop. :)

fastmanfunnay
01-19-2008, 11:09 AM
How about college students who still need the money?!

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 11:16 AM
How about college students who still need the money?!

The idea is to make headlines, and get parents of young kids on the Ron Paul bandwagon

Parents help elementary schools kids with essay projects. They don't normally help college kids. :)

However, a separate effort for college students wouldn't be a bad idea. Or, if we raise outrageous amount of money, we can do some for every level. That is something to ponder as well.

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Since no one is jumping on board, I set up a paypal account for this, and am going to start a chipin. chipin website is down at the moment, however.

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
blimp

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 03:16 PM
2nd place in NV bump

JimInNY
01-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Is this dead? Should I just forget it?