PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Billboards Texas Campaign Aims To Reach 5 Million People In 4 Weeks

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 09:48 AM
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPAustinI35.JPG

Austin, Texas Billboard Campaign

We can reach over 5 million people in 4 weeks!

The Texas primary is March 4th. We have located a prime location for a Ron Paul Billboard off the heavily traveled I-35 corridor. The billboard faces North bound traffic and is split into two sections 9x30 and 7x30, it is also front and back which is a big plus. The location is on the upper deck split of I-35, which is next to the Capitol, downtown and the University of Texas. The advantage of using a billboard off the upper deck is that since it's elevated there are no other eye catching objects within view. Another plus is that the South bound traffic will also see it since there are no other obstructions in their view. The traffic bogs down from 7am to 9am and from 3pm to 7pm so people will be at a slow pace or stand still to view this billboard. We will use the top billboard to display one of our designs with 3 key issues and use the bottom sign for the primary date and Ron Paul 2008 in the biggest font to ensure drivers see it. With this location we will not only reach locals but also interstate commuters passing through. The daily commuter circulation is 250,000 so we will reach a large number of people versus the cost of the ads. Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our campaign and we can do our part to expand awareness of Ron Paul and his message of liberty.

Contribute to our Texas Billboard campaign at ronpaulbillboards.com (http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com)

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

DXDoug
01-19-2008, 10:26 AM
This is definately Nice Location !

when might this be up?

Freemason
01-19-2008, 10:35 AM
OH! Living near Austin I know that tons of people pass though here daily. I always thought that would be the perfect place to get Ron Paul’s message out. I will be donating some money to you when I get paid Monday.

Enzo
01-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Just donated. Keep up the great work!

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Yes, this is a prime location and actually could reach over 7 million in 4 weeks but I'm low balling it. Also for people that live in Austin, you know that the previous billboard has been there for over a year and was hideous thus no other business wanted to touch it I guess. The guy that owns the sign owns an office below it. The billboard is not part of a large billboard company, it's just a guy who owns the office below it. For this reason once we pay to have our installers put it up, it will stay there until someone pays for it to come down. This gives us the potential to have this billboard up for months! If we can fund this quickly and get it up we can target other markets in Texas like Dallas etc...

jahazii
01-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Bump this is just as vital as blimp

Enzo
01-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Awesome idea putting the primary dates on the bottom. Not sure if there's room, but it might be worth mentioning that Texas has open primaries. You don't have to be a registered republican to vote for Ron Paul in Texas.

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Great idea about stating the open primaries. I had the same thought! People from Austin can vouch for this, everyone in Austin will know about this billboard. Everyone travels the upper deck within a weeks time if not a month. The media and different campaigns will see it, the massive number of Ron Paul supporters will see it and even get more motivated. There are yard signs and banners all over Austin.

WE NEED A BILLBOARD!

Enzo
01-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I contacted the Austin Chronicle recently... they charge $1295 for a full page political ad that will run for a week.

While it's not cheap, anybody in the Austin area knows that the Chronicle is probably read by more people than any other newspaper in Austin. Every student at UT is familiar with the chronicle.

Perhaps an ad in the Chronicle at the same time the billboard goes up would be a nice blitz?

jacksit
01-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I used to shop at that Fiesta during law school! I miss Austin. And the previous billboard was ugly.

kyleAF
01-19-2008, 11:31 AM
where's the donation link?

yongrel
01-19-2008, 11:32 AM
So much better than that damn blimp.

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 11:42 AM
where's the donation link?

Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and click on the donation button on the Texas Billboards Widget.

You can also mail donations in the form of a Money Order or Check payable to
Ron Paul Billboards.

Ron Paul Billboards
PO Box 1205
Manchaca, Texas 78652

If we can fund this quickly and get it launched we can target other markets with digital billboards so we don't have to wait for printing, shipping and installation of vinyl. I have already scoped some other big markets in Texas and other primaries we can reach.

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I used to shop at that Fiesta during law school! I miss Austin. And the previous billboard was ugly.
Just hideous, which played to our advantage because no other million dollar company leased it due to that ugly Pinky's Pager ad. That company went out of business a while ago. Also since it's not a billboard company that owns this sign, the owner will not pay for it to be removed unless there is another client so it could stay up for months!

jahazii
01-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Awesome people get this funded

jahazii
01-19-2008, 04:38 PM
awesome bump 4 million people get this funded

itshappening
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
excellent idea Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I just drove past it and I-35 was at a stand still from 3pm to 5pm. People in Austin can vouch.
People will be parked daily in front of a Ron Paul billboard, just sitting there reading about liberty.

ronpaulbillboards.com

Sesshomaru
01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Wow I know exactly where that is. Rock on!

voortrekker
01-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I just drove past it and I-35 was at a stand still from 3pm to 5pm. People in Austin can vouch.
People will be parked daily in front of a Ron Paul billboard, just sitting there reading about liberty.

ronpaulbillboards.com

This is absolute truth.

I-35 near downtown nearly ANYTIME of the week, there is congestion. RIDICULOUS!

BUT, it's a GREAT place for a Ron Paul billboard. ;)

I donated $50 yesterday for it.

I live just outside of Austin going west and there's been much more RP signs put up recently. I was beginnning to think I was the lone ranger for awhile. :rolleyes:

ronpaulbillboards
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
This is absolute truth.

I-35 near downtown nearly ANYTIME of the week, there is congestion. RIDICULOUS!

BUT, it's a GREAT place for a Ron Paul billboard. ;)

I donated $50 yesterday for it.

I live just outside of Austin going west and there's been much more RP signs put up recently. I was beginnning to think I was the lone ranger for awhile. :rolleyes:

Exactly what I'm saying!

People will have more than just seconds to view this billboard. You are stuck there FOREVER and we will have both sides of the billboard.

Join us at ronpaulbillboards.com and donate to our Texas Campaign to reach over 5 million in a month.

Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-20-2008, 10:35 AM
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPAustinI35.JPG

The Texas primary is March 4th. We have located a prime location for a Ron Paul Billboard off the heavily traveled I-35 corridor. The billboard faces North bound traffic and is split into two sections 9x30 and 7x30, it is also front and back which is a big plus. The location is on the upper deck split of I-35, which is next to the Capitol, downtown and the University of Texas. The advantage of using a billboard off the upper deck is that since it's elevated there are no other eye catching objects within view. Another plus is that the South bound traffic will also see it since there are no other obstructions in their view. The traffic bogs down from 7am to 9am and from 3pm to 7pm so people will be at a slow pace or stand still to view this billboard. We will use the top billboard to display one of our designs with 3 key issues and use the bottom sign for the primary date and Ron Paul 2008 in the biggest font to ensure drivers see it. With this location we will not only reach locals but also interstate commuters passing through. The daily commuter circulation is 250,000 so we will reach a large number of people versus the cost of the ads.

Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our campaign and we can do our part to expand awareness of Ron Paul and his message of liberty.

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

OferNave
01-20-2008, 11:11 AM
This is all very cool, but I'm confused by the complete absence of financial numbers on the billboards site. How much do we need to raise, and how much has been raised already? And the only link to paypal is really subtle...

haaaylee
01-20-2008, 11:26 AM
that message better be catching. im stoked on the austin crew, i was canvassed at my own apartment last night- even though i have a ron paul sticker on my door. i work at one of the amy's ice creams and we have a "ron paul combo" - the chronicle was supposed to do a piece on it but i haven't seen it yet.

Edu
01-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Bump (and make sure the main site URL is on your first post)

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/

djlindholm
01-20-2008, 11:38 AM
This is all very cool, but I'm confused by the complete absence of financial numbers on the billboards site. How much do we need to raise, and how much has been raised already? And the only link to paypal is really subtle...

I second this.

zumajoe
01-20-2008, 11:42 AM
As Ogilvy once said- any advertising does not mean good advertising. It would be nice if this billboard had a fresh and bold, something new...not just the "slim-jim look".

parke
01-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Awesome. Ill be able to donate a little money by friday.

Please put the campaign phone number on the add. Even if its to a voice mail... Everyone owns a phone.

Enzo
01-20-2008, 12:36 PM
How is the funding for the Austin billboard coming along? Any Updates?

ronpaulbillboards
01-20-2008, 11:47 PM
How is the funding for the Austin billboard coming along? Any Updates?

If you're feeling extra generous today, visit ronpaulbillboards.com and join our Texas campaign to reach 5 million people.

We are doing great since launching this campaign on Friday. We have raised over $1300. so far. For those that have not heard of us we are a not for profit grassroots website that is an nexus for collectively purchasing Ron Paul billboard ads in pivotal Republican Primary markets. Our website was formed in late November and the first goal was Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Once we accomplished that we moved on to Manchester, New Hampshire and Columbia, South Carolina. In that instance we didn't reach the goal and paid the $2,000 out of our own pockets. So we have raised $10,000 and placed 4 billboards in 3 states in the course of a month. It was a huge undertaking but we accomplished our goals and even got mentioned on the local NBC Columbia news. Now we move forward to Austin, Texas where we can reach at least 5 million in 4 weeks. The billboard design will be fresh and implement corporate methods of advertising that will hit the subliminal and imprint our message in their mind. We have 4 panels to work with, and need big fonts for the commuters on the far side of the interstate. Any suggestions or designs are welcomed. Thanks for the support.

Harold

ronpaulbillboards.com

ronpaulbillboards
01-20-2008, 11:56 PM
I second this.

The Texas widget is live and shows current donation totals. The Paypal is secured and we have had no issues using it for the other 3 billboard campaigns we ran. We also take Money orders and personal checks made payable to Ron Paul Billboards. Our address is listed on our site.

We have always updated the goal on our widgets to reflect the costs once we negotiate and get the final contract. They have always went down. Any people that have been watching our site can vouch for that. With all the past business negotiations, the quote was always higher. Once we actually secured the contract hold and started working with the printing companies they became more forgiving of some charges. The figure is based on the estimates I have received but since this is local, I can locate a local printing company that would be cheaper. First off the shipping charges would be gone or diminished significantly. The website will be updated accordingly.

Harold

Chase
01-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Sent $50.

ronpaulbillboards
01-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Sent $50.

Thanks!

ronpaulbillboards.com

ronpaulbillboards
01-21-2008, 11:59 AM

The Texas primary is March 4th. We have located a prime location for a Ron Paul Billboard off the heavily traveled I-35 corridor. The billboard faces North bound traffic and is split into two sections 9x30 and 7x30, it is also front and back which is a big plus. The location is on the upper deck split of I-35, which is next to the Capitol, downtown and the University of Texas. The advantage of using a billboard off the upper deck is that since it's elevated there are no other eye catching objects within view. Another plus is that the South bound traffic will also see it since there are no other obstructions in their view. The traffic bogs down from 7am to 9am and from 3pm to 7pm so people will be at a slow pace or stand still to view this billboard. We will use the top billboard to display one of our designs with 3 key issues and use the bottom sign for the primary date and Ron Paul 2008 in the biggest font to ensure drivers see it. With this location we will not only reach locals but also interstate commuters passing through. The daily commuter circulation is 250,000 so we will reach a large number of people versus the cost of the ads.

Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our campaign and we can do our part to expand awareness of Ron Paul and his message of liberty.

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

Lunch Bump!

Please visit ronpaulbillboards.com and join us!

Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
bump!

RonRules
01-21-2008, 06:47 PM
This is an excellent billboard location.

If you haven't done the signs yet, have a look at this poll, where we are trying to pick the best campaign slogans.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96743

Some of the most popular are:
"Champion of the Constitution, Ron Paul"
"Vote for Liberty, Vote Ron Paul"
"Securing our future, Ron Paul !"

ronpaulbillboards
01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
This is an excellent billboard location.

If you haven't done the signs yet, have a look at this poll, where we are trying to pick the best campaign slogans.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96743

Some of the most popular are:
"Champion of the Constitution, Ron Paul"
"Vote for Liberty, Vote Ron Paul"
"Securing our future, Ron Paul !"

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPI35Away.jpg

A few eye catching slogans we are looking at for our market.
These are for the billboard side that faces the opposite lane of traffic, so they have to look across the freeway. So we need catchy one liner in huge font.

got liberty?, with black background and white letters. It will draw their attention and then the bottom billboard will say Vote Ron Paul and some other info. It worked for the Milk campaign.

Legalize the Constitution, black background and white letters on the top board. The word legalize will immediately draw attention and that term would really work down here in this town.

Just a few we are thinking about that would catch commuters attention across the highway.

For oncoming traffic , they will be at slow pace or a stand still at times, it's also right next to the side of the bridge railing so it's close enough to read a few lines quickly. We are also working on new key slogans for the top billboard.

Feedback welcomed.

Visit ronpaulbillboards.com (http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com) and contribute to our Texas billboard campaign to reach over 5 million in 4 weeks.

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPBBwide.jpg

Edu
01-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Bump (and don't forget to edit your 1st post to add the site link)

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Awesome billoard location. Extremely busy stretch of IH 35.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-21-2008, 08:48 PM
You should consider reserving a URL such as RonPaulAustin.org or something to that effect and pointing it at the Austin Meetup group. Put it across the bottom so anyone wanting to get involved in Austin can connect. For San Antonio I use www.RonPaul2008SA.org (http://www.RonPaul2008SA.org) and we include it anytime we run an ad.

ronpaulbillboards
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I am part of the Austin Meetup group and our campaigns have been sent through the applicable Meetups in the markets we launched in. I also sent emails through the Ron Paul Meetup Alliance. New URL's are a great idea. We also plan on canvassing all the Ron Paul friendly establishments and homes down here in Austin.

All the suggestions are great.

ronpaulbillboards
01-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Bump!

We need $3,900 to reach our goal for our Austin, Texas billboard that can reach over 5 million in 4 weeks. Please visit ronpaulbillboards.com and help us reach 5 million for Dr. Paul.

Harold

laurak
01-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Just donated ...

Transaction ID: 6BP997027E569804L
Item Price: $10.00 USD
Total: $10.00 USD
Order Description: Texas Billboards
Item/Product Number: 6
The following options were included with this payment: uid: 1098

Come on people...lets chip in for this worthy cause!!!!

ronpaulbillboards
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks!

We get this up ASAP, then we can focus on other Texas markets and big states after Super Tuesday like Ohio for instance.
Donations seem to be picking up as I type, please join us at ronpaulbillboards.com

Harold

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
donated

bdennis5
01-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Just put in $50.

This is a great idea. I hope we re-use these from other states. That would reduce the cost to print them.

ronpaulbillboards
01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Just put in $50.

This is a great idea. I hope we re-use these from other states. That would reduce the cost to print them.

You guys/gals ROCK!

I wish we could re-use them as well but the early states we did had the Primary date for each state on it. The other issue is finding another billboard that will fit the dimensions of some of these weird boards. We will re-use what we can for the future, also going with digital boards in markets that are available is another way to go. We use a 14 x 48 digital billboard in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and it was stunning.

All support and contributions are greatly appreciated.

Harold

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 12:07 PM
You guys are a big reason why I love America !

ronpaulbillboards
01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
I've been wondering where all these smart, creative and brave Patriots were before the Ron Paul rEVOLution. We have galvanized behind Ron Paul's message and have realized our power and joined others to take action. Amongst the darkness that surrounds us, this movement is a beacon of light. This time we have built an infrastructure and formed relationships that will last beyond Ron Paul's Presidential run. No matter what happens, our job is to keep informing the public on the real issues facing our country. The history of how these things occurred and how returning to the Constitution will alleviate most of the legislation, policies and procedures that have lead our country down this path. We have the numbers to accomplish this so I have faith in the future of this nation.

Harold

Tedhunter
01-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I've been wondering where all these smart, creative and brave Patriots were before the Ron Paul rEVOLution.

I think the RP movement has awakened the latent creative energy of a lot of people. Each of us is capable of extraordinary things, if our minds are open to exploring them.

Just think of how much more creativity and ingenuity we could see if people were able to keep the fruits of their labor, weren't being robbed by runaway inflation and unlawful taxes, and didn't have to work unfulfilling jobs just to stay afloat. There would be a second Renaissance in this country!

BlutStein
01-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Bump

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
bump

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Just threw in $10. Wish I could give more, but can't at the moment.

Jesubub
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I contacted the Austin Chronicle recently... they charge $1295 for a full page political ad that will run for a week.

While it's not cheap, anybody in the Austin area knows that the Chronicle is probably read by more people than any other newspaper in Austin. Every student at UT is familiar with the chronicle.

Perhaps an ad in the Chronicle at the same time the billboard goes up would be a nice blitz?

Too bad the Chronicle is a total rag. I read it all the time, but I can't stand the editor.

Texan4Life
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
bump

GraspingForPeace
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Bump

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I personally guarantee you will have a $50 donation from me tomorrow

ronpaulbillboards
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Just threw in $10. Wish I could give more, but can't at the moment.

Every dollar is appreciated! You are putting your money where your mouth is and helping spread the message of Ron Paul in this historical effort.

I emailed you back and we will target other markets once we reach this goal. I want to cover every major city in Texas. We were stretching ourselves running multiple campaigns at once. We did it but it was down to the wire and we almost missed a primary due to the slowing of donations around the holidays and weather conditions. The good thing is we are expanding our base of contributors so going forward we can reach these goals easier.

There are 20 plus states after Super Tuesday so that is where we are focusing our future campaigns. This strategy will enable us to have suffecient time to reach each goal. I also expect for Ron Paul and other candidates to spend a bulk of their money during that time. We will have Ron Paul covered for the last leg of the race with billboards in those markets.

Harold

BreakYourChains
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes, this is a prime location and actually could reach over 7 million in 4 weeks but I'm low balling it. Also for people that live in Austin, you know that the previous billboard has been there for over a year and was hideous thus no other business wanted to touch it I guess. The guy that owns the sign owns an office below it. The billboard is not part of a large billboard company, it's just a guy who owns the office below it. For this reason once we pay to have our installers put it up, it will stay there until someone pays for it to come down. This gives us the potential to have this billboard up for months! If we can fund this quickly and get it up we can target other markets in Texas like Dallas etc...

Great job! Can you put an 800 or 877 Ron Paul number on there too, for people who don't do the internet? Great!

xCakex
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Blimp for great justice! Remember to help with our own flying billboard!

DFF
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
If we can fund this quickly and get it up we can target other markets in Texas like Dallas etc

Don't forget Houston! Population of 2.14 million and only 60 miles from Dr. Paul's hometown of Lake Jackson!

ronpaulbillboards
01-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Don't forget Houston! Population of 2.14 million and only 60 miles from Dr. Paul's hometown of Lake Jackson!

I have been in contact with two other RP supporters who are working together for Houston. I sent them my contacts and locations I already had scoped out. So I'm confident these guys will get it done. We want to hit other cities in Texas and other markets that are after Super Tuesday as well

The forums members here have been donating "money bomb" style to our cause.
We appreciate your support, contributions and your swagger!

We need about $3600 to hit our goal!

Visit ronpaulbillboards (http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com) and join our Austin, Texas Billboard Campaign to reach over $5 million people.

Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-23-2008, 01:28 AM
]
We need about $3,500 to reach our goal. **edited**We received and email about a check mailed but can't confirm. With the RP Rewards and worries of the Toolbar we are being cautious.

You guys on the forums keep this up and we'll have it by weeks end.

Harold

Enzo
01-23-2008, 03:52 AM
bump!

ronpaulbillboards
01-23-2008, 10:33 AM

The Texas primary is March 4th. We have located a prime location for a Ron Paul Billboard off the heavily traveled I-35 corridor. The billboard faces North bound traffic and is split into two sections 9x30 and 9x30, it is also front and back which is a big plus. The location is on the upper deck split of I-35, which is next to the Capitol, downtown and the University of Texas. The advantage of using a billboard off the upper deck is that since it's elevated there are no other eye catching objects within view. Another plus is that the South bound traffic will also see it since there are no other obstructions in their view. The traffic bogs down from 7am to 9am and from 3pm to 7pm so people will be at a slow pace or stand still to view this billboard. We will use the top billboard to display one of our designs with 3 key issues and use the bottom sign for the primary date and Ron Paul 2008 in the biggest font to ensure drivers see it. With this location we will not only reach locals but also interstate commuters passing through. The daily commuter circulation is 250,000 so we will reach a large number of people versus the cost of the ads. Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our campaign and we can do our part to expand awareness of Ron Paul and his message of liberty.

Contribute to our Texas Billboard campaign at ronpaulbillboards.com (http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com)

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

We need $3560 to reach our goal! We are doing great

DXDoug
01-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Nice everyone keep it up winning Texas wil be big! delegates for ron paul!

ronpaulbillboards
01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
We have targeted locations in other markets in Texas after Austin.
That all depends how fast we get this one up.

ronpaulbillboards
01-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Bump!

ronpaulbillboards
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM

The Texas primary is March 4th. We have located a prime location for a Ron Paul Billboard off the heavily traveled I-35 corridor. The billboard faces North bound traffic and is split into two sections 9x30 and 9x30, it is also front and back which is a big plus. The location is on the upper deck split of I-35, which is next to the Capitol, downtown and the University of Texas. The advantage of using a billboard off the upper deck is that since it's elevated there are no other eye catching objects within view. Another plus is that the South bound traffic will also see it since there are no other obstructions in their view. The traffic bogs down from 7am to 9am and from 3pm to 7pm so people will be at a slow pace or stand still to view this billboard. We will use the top billboard to display one of our designs with 3 key issues and use the bottom sign for the primary date and Ron Paul 2008 in the biggest font to ensure drivers see it. With this location we will not only reach locals but also interstate commuters passing through. The daily commuter circulation is 250,000 so we will reach a large number of people versus the cost of the ads. Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our campaign and we can do our part to expand awareness of Ron Paul and his message of liberty.

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

We need $3,400 to reach our goal!

ronpaulbillboards
01-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Bump!

amy31416
01-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Bump for a great cause. Keep up the great work!

Enzo
01-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Bump!

maghi85
01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
BUMP!,,
this seems like a very good idea to me...
it's cheap and it reaches millions...
all we need is 6000$ for one billboard to stand for 4 weeks... and boom 4 million viewers!!!
we need to start a coalition to fund ronpaulbillboards... it's quite sad that such a GREAT idea is left behind
i just checked out their website it says donations for the texas billboard has reached only 2705$ out of the 6000$ that's needed...
i think we need to work hard on this...
billboards can be put on keylocations all over America and with points pertaining to the common problems of the people who watch the billboards... and how Ron Paul will solve them...
we've raised 1.8 million $ on MLK
with money like that we can have 300 billboards all over America for 4 weeks

there should be a money bomb day just for the billboards...
i think it's so beneficial that the HQ should take it upon itself

maghi85
01-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Buuummmpatibump!!!

ronpaulbillboards
01-24-2008, 11:55 AM
BUMP!,,
this seems like a very good idea to me...
it's cheap and it reaches millions...
all we need is 6000$ for one billboard to stand for 4 weeks... and boom 4 million viewers!!!
we need to start a coalition to fund ronpaulbillboards... it's quite sad that such a GREAT idea is left behind
i just checked out their website it says donations for the texas billboard has reached only 2705$ out of the 6000$ that's needed...
i think we need to work hard on this...
billboards can be put on keylocations all over America and with points pertaining to the common problems of the people who watch the billboards... and how Ron Paul will solve them...
we've raised 1.8 million $ on MLK
with money like that we can have 300 billboards all over America for 4 weeks

there should be a money bomb day just for the billboards...
i think it's so beneficial that the HQ should take it upon itself

Thanks for your support. We wanted to run a campaign to target the Feb 5th states as well. We had our hands full trying to raise funds for 3 states. I have great connections in the industry now and in fact I keep receiving emails from competitors wanted our business. So we can get some great deals for billboards in future markets. Now that we have a record of past achievements, people will feel safer contributing to us. There have been a lot of scam artists coming out lately and that is disheartening. Our goal is to target other major cities in Texas and then move to the states after Super Tuesday. After Super Tuesday a lot of these candidates will be broke and RP will use a big chunk as well. We will have him covered by already having ads in the upcoming states. I believe going forward this the best strategy, if the grassroots believes in this enough they will galvanize behind our efforts. One of our billboards in Columbia, SC made the local NBC news so that proves billboards work and we are selecting pivotal primary locations.

We appreciate all the support.

We are about $3,000 from our goal!

Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
I finally got to talk with the company that does installation for that board off of I-35. He is quoting $3,500 for installation which is a shock to us. He is charging each of the 4 panels separately for installation so it's making it significantly higher. We factored in a $1,000 for installation costs based on the previous billboards. I guess since this is a private contractor not connected with a billboard company, the costs are higher. He also said he is the only one that has a truck that can reach this billboard which can't be true. This will raise our goal at least $2,500, so I'm looking at other contractors and other major billboard companies for help. There are other billboards available off of I-35, so we will move accordingly after we get more info and negotiate with these different companies to get the costs down. We will keep updating in this thread once we have more info. People in Austin if you have any contacts in this business or want to help us, please email. We need to find other local installers that can put up this billboard, this will help negotiate the price down. I believe out of all locations on I-35 that this is the best and we should go for this one to have the biggest impact.

Harold

support @ ronpaulbillboards . com

ronpaulbillboards
01-24-2008, 01:22 PM
bump for update above

ronpaulbillboards
01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Added a link on website to make pledges towards the Texas Billboard Campaign by Feb. 1st. This was suggested to me by someone who would like to contribute but couldn't at this moment.

Harold

InLoveWithRon
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Come on guys, we are only $3000 away.

$3000 is chump change for us, we have raised more cash than any republican candidate.. This billboard may be the difference in winning Texas or not.. Remember Paul is from texas and they are really talking about him now in those parts .. A measly $3k has the potential of putting us over the top.. Let's get er done ! The sooner the better.

itshappening
01-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I am certain you get a good deal for us Harold

!! BUMP !!

Enzo
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
billboardbump!

InLoveWithRon
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM

$3000 is chump change for us, we have raised more cash than any republican candidate.. This billboard may be the difference in winning Texas or not.. Remember Paul is from texas and they are really talking about him now in those parts .. A measly $3k has the potential of putting us over the top.. Let's get er done ! The sooner the better.

ronpaulbillboards
01-24-2008, 06:50 PM

EVERYONE INCLUDING THE MEDIA WILL KNOW ABOUT THIS BILLBOARD IN AUSTIN!

FSP-Rebel
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
re-up for Texas

ronpaulbillboards
01-24-2008, 07:36 PM
The design idea for the billboard side facing oncoming traffic will be an image of ballot screen or voting form. We will have issues that are Ron Paul's strengths that will resonate with the public as well. And check boxes next to them. Then we have a box at the bottom checked with Ron Paul's name next to it. This will implant the image of the viewer checking Ron Paul's name and voting for him. I believe this is very effective, especially when they vote and see his name on the ballot. In their subconscious they have already seen an image of his name checked off. And then the issues that the viewer resonates with, might pop in their head as well. We will also have a good photo of him, the phone number and web address. The bottom billboard will have the primary date and some wording about the fact it's open to all registered voters in Texas.

Harold

Comments?

Eric21ND
01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
awesome idea!

ronpaulbillboards
01-25-2008, 12:45 AM
The design idea for the billboard side facing oncoming traffic will be an image of ballot screen or voting form. We will have issues that are Ron Paul's strengths that will resonate with the public as well. And check boxes next to them. Then we have a box at the bottom checked with Ron Paul's name next to it. This will implant the image of the viewer checking Ron Paul's name and voting for him. I believe this is very effective, especially when they vote and see his name on the ballot. In their subconscious they have already seen an image of his name checked off. And then the issues that the viewer resonates with, might pop in their head as well. We will also have a good photo of him, the phone number and web address. The bottom billboard will have the primary date and some wording about the fact it's open to all registered voters in Texas.

Harold

Comments?

Under the donation widget I added a link to pledge your contribution. All pledges must be fulfilled by Feb.1st. I was presented with idea from a contributer that wanted to donate but couldn't at the time.

The design above we believe would be effective on so many levels.

For the design for the far side traffic on I-35 we need something large a bold that is eye catching and sums up Dr. Paul in aw few words.

LEGALIZE THE CONSTITUTION
VOTE
RON PAUL

The background will be black and the words white with the Stencil font.
Again this will work subconsciously on the viewers especially in Austin.
The word legalize will immediately draw attention and then who can disagree with
the Constitution with the state of the country today with civil liberties, financial government institutions, and the declaration of war. Again we can cover issues that resonates with a large segment of people while presenting Dr. Paul's strongest and consistent position. I think both methods are fresh and will target seasoned and new voters on all sides of the political spectrum. Remember Texas is an open primary so anyone registered can vote. We are nailing down wordage and graphics for final design layouts. Any graphic artists with skills please contact us.

Harold

submissions@ronpaulbillboards.org

ronpaulbillboards
01-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Bump!

ronpaulbillboards
01-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Just got on Alex Jones!

Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
We are about $3,000 from our goal!

ronpaulbillboards
01-25-2008, 08:37 PM

The Texas primary is March 4th. We have located a prime location for a Ron Paul Billboard off the heavily traveled I-35 corridor. The billboard faces North bound traffic and is split into two sections 9x30 and 7x30, it is also front and back which is a big plus. The location is on the upper deck split of I-35, which is next to the Capitol, downtown and the University of Texas. The advantage of using a billboard off the upper deck is that since it's elevated there are no other eye catching objects within view. Another plus is that the South bound traffic will also see it since there are no other obstructions in their view. The traffic bogs down from 7am to 9am and from 3pm to 7pm so people will be at a slow pace or stand still to view this billboard. We will use the top billboard to display one of our designs with 3 key issues and use the bottom sign for the primary date and Ron Paul 2008 in the biggest font to ensure drivers see it. With this location we will not only reach locals but also interstate commuters passing through. The daily commuter circulation is 250,000 so we will reach a large number of people versus the cost of the ads. Visit ronpaulbillboards.com and contribute to our campaign and we can do our part to expand awareness of Ron Paul and his message of liberty.

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

Bump!

voortrekker
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
BUMP!

This is a great opportunity.

It REALLY, REALLY is an outstanding location to spread the RP message, our message!

I live on the outskirts of Austin. This location is on I-35, a major highway running up TX.

Forunately, the location on I-35 where this RP billboard might stand would absolutley garner much needed RP exposure, there is traffic congestion 24/7.

I gave $50 a couple of days ago towards its reality. It's very much worth it.

Please consider contributing.

FSP-Rebel
01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Just gave $36

ronpaulbillboards
01-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the support!

unloud
01-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Over half of the money has been raised :-D

ronpaulbillboards
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
We have raised half our goal within a weeks launch!

InLoveWithRon
01-26-2008, 12:37 AM
bunp

ronpaulbillboards
01-26-2008, 10:16 AM
bump

ronpaulbillboards
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

We are over halfway towards our goal

timnavarro
01-26-2008, 06:20 PM
billboard bump. Let's keep this on the first page!

OferNave
01-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I recommend starting a new thread with the following info in the title:

1) fundraising goal
2) total raised so far
3) due date

This has been an effective strategy for other fundraising efforts (High Times and Shotgun Magazine ads).

FSP-Rebel
01-27-2008, 04:02 PM
The placement of the billboard is just so perfect. Though I'm not from round there, I can imagine millions of Texans constantly being reminded of the only conservative running for president. We need as many delegates as possible from TX, so dig in yall.

ronpaulbillboards
01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
bump

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 07:29 AM
bump!

DisabledCombatVet4change
01-28-2008, 12:05 PM
def. a good way to garner support!

austinchick
01-28-2008, 12:10 PM
what will the Billboard say?
i hope it will say more than Ron Paul Revolution...put few detailed catch phrases regarding RP's platform - Constitution, freedom, social security...something tangible, not just a concept.

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 12:11 PM
The location we have chosen is at a stand still a lot. I was on my way to work on Saturday night at 6:30 Pm and it was stacked up then. People will be stuck in traffic with Liberty staring them in the face!

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 12:18 PM
what will the Billboard say?
i hope it will say more than Ron Paul Revolution...put few detailed catch phrases regarding RP's platform - Constitution, freedom, social security...something tangible, not just a concept.

Somewhere within all of these threads we put forth the design concepts.

For the oncoming traffic we will have a great looking photo of Dr. Paul, 3 key issues, Republican, Primary date, website and phone number. It will have black background white letters and red white and blue strips. We will cover "war" "economy" and "borders". In Texas these are the three best issues to cover. Texas is a open primary, meaning anyone registered can vote. With the out of Iraq message of Dr. Paul,we can gain a large number of democrats, liberals and independents.

The billboard side facing the far side of traffic needs a strong statement that will catch the eyes of the commuters across the highway.
We are going with "Legalize the Constitution", "Vote Ron Paul". Again the word "legalize" will play well in this town to get people to look. And the supporting the Constitution is big down here as well. On the bottom billboard we will again have the website phone number and primary date.

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Final design concepts our graphic team is working on

Design for upper billboard facing traffic across the highway. The 1-877-Ron-Paul phone number will be added as well

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/legalize.JPG
Bottom Billboard
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPbottom2.JPG

Billboard facing oncoming traffic

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VoteRP.JPG
Bottom Billboard
http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPbottom2.JPG

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
bump!

NerveShocker
01-28-2008, 06:21 PM
All right everyone this is totally worth the money.. They only need 3k.. we can gather that in an hour. I'm not saying that's going to happen just saying.. the sooner this gets up the more people get to see it. And this is barely any money at all! We raised 60k for a recount in only days.. we only need 3k to get this billboard up! Please chip in sooner rather than later.. this is very important and only requires a measly 3k more.. lets get this done already ;)

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 07:28 PM
All right everyone this is totally worth the money.. They only need 3k.. we can gather that in an hour. I'm not saying going to happen just saying.. the sooner this gets up the more people get to see it. And this is barely any money at all! We raised 60k for a recount in only days.. we only need 3k to get this billboard up! Please chip in sooner rather than later.. this is very important and only requires a measly 3k more.. lets get this done already ;)

1st step
We only need a $1,000 to secure the lease for the 2 billboards.

CountryB4Party
01-28-2008, 07:43 PM
1st step
We only need a $1,000 to secure the lease for the 2 billboards.

Billboards, from a visual perspective, the black, red and blue are a bit harsh. Have you considered replacing your black with a dark blue?

If they are full color, would you consider working with a design such as the following, which was recently used in a CA newsprint ad and will be used in TX ads:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6899/sampleheadertr6.th.jpg (http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sampleheadertr6.jpg)

I've never embedded a photo here. So we will see how it goes.

From a TX Patriot

CountryB4Party
01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Billboards, from a visual perspective, the black, read and blue is a bit harsh. Have you considered replacing your black with a dark blue?

If they are full color, would you consider working with a design such as the following, which was recently used in a CA newsprint ad and will be used in TX ads:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6899/sampleheadertr6.th.jpg (http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sampleheadertr6.jpg)

From a TX Patriot

To clarify, I mean using the same or similar background design and change the copy to your needs.

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 07:55 PM
To clarify, I mean using the same or similar background design and change the copy to your needs.

Yeah that background looks great. The thing is that everyone has an opinion and it was suggested to me by some Ad people with degrees to use black background and white letters. So I went with that just to get the design going. It's funny while I was sleeping today an image of blue background with a flag popped in my head. Thanks for the suggestion, our graphics team will rework the design.

Harold

voortrekker
01-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Billboards, from a visual perspective, the black, red and blue are a bit harsh. Have you considered replacing your black with a dark blue?

From a TX Patriot

This photo of a bumper sticker says nothing that he is running for president.

Focus on the economy with a some bullet points on RP views/solutions on the economy.

And for Gosh sakes make it clear that he is running for president and include his official website.

Also, please leave the "Revolution" tag out of this advertisement.

My two cents.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my $50 bucks contribution towards this billboard on I-35 here in Austin.

It is in a FANTASTIC location!

Thanks for your efforts, contributors and people behind the workings of this billboard reality.

THANK YOU!!

CountryB4Party
01-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah that background looks great. The thing is that everyone has an opinion and it was suggested to me by some Ad people with degrees to use black background and white letters. So I went with that just to get the design going. It's funny while I was sleeping today an image of blue background with a flag popped in my head. Thanks for the suggestion, our graphics team will rework the design.

Harold

Hi, Harold,

I have 20 years in the ad and marketing industry as a strategist. If I had to guess their intent, the advice was probably to use the black and white combo without the color, which makes a powerful visual statement. When you add red and blue to black, it changes the perception.

If I can assist in any way, please let me know. I certainly would like to promote a TX campaign with similar look and feel (design) across flyers, print ads, billboards, etc. Doing so would push the impact of our efforts to much higher levels.

I simply do not know who is working on what or who is "leading the pack", if you will.

I have the vector art for this header if needed.

Dena

CountryB4Party
01-28-2008, 08:04 PM

Focus on the economy with a some bullet points on RP views/solutions on the economy.

And for Gosh sakes make it clear that he is running for president and include his official website.

My two cents.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my $50 bucks contribution towards this billboard on I-35 here in Austin.

Thanks for your efforts, contributors and people behind the workings of this billboard reality.

THANK YOU!!

LOL...that's not a bumper sticker. As stated in the post, it is header art for a newsprint ad. I was simply providing sample alternative background for consideration.

ronpaulbillboards
01-28-2008, 08:10 PM

My two cents.

THANK YOU!!

Yes if you see the design that we are working with you will see that we are covering everything you have stated. And in fact we have used that design concept on every billboard we launched. Check out our website for photos of our billboards. The only one we used the Revolution design for was Cedar Rapids because it was digital and we had 8 designs we could run. Since it was the 1st primary I thought it was cool to say the Ron Paul Revolution begins in Iowa and the primary date. The other ad designs for that billboard had all the info you stated earlier. Every other billboard since has had 3 key issues, Republican, phone number, website, photo and primary date.

Thanks for the support!

The most important thing is to get the funds so we can move forward quickly to have this launched within 2 weeks.

Harold

NerveShocker
01-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Bump for the billboard :) We can reach millions for only 6k and they only need 3k more.. this is a great way to get Ron Paul's name and message out and for a great price.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Can we move on from the discussing phase to the all-out donating phase? If others have better ideas, feel free to start your own project and use them.

mrsaturn
01-29-2008, 01:48 AM
As an Austinite, I can't think of a better place for these billboards. I drive across the upper deck (right past these signs) several times a day. They would be an immense help to canvassing efforts in the remaining ~5 weeks until the Texas primary. I will be donating for this again once I get paid.

ronpaulbillboards
01-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Designs below are not final and some graphics and colors will be tweaked. The wordage for the billboards are effective in conveying the essence of Ron Paul's platform. The three issues chosen will cover a wide voting demographic in Austin. The design for the commuters on the opposite side of I-35 will attract their eyes with the black\white combination and the word "legalize" huge. Dr. Paul's campaigns foundation is the Constitution, therefore it sums up his platform in two words. Once we have their attention we direct their eyes to the website, phone number and primary date on the bottom billboard. This will be very effective for fast and slow moving traffic across the highway. The Texas primary is open so we could help persuade Democrats, Libertarians and Independents to cast their vote for Paul. The images on this board could especially sway the undecided once they get in the voting booth.

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VoteRP.JPG
Bottom Billboard

Design for upper billboard facing traffic across the highway.

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/legalize.JPG
Bottom Billboard

link88
01-29-2008, 06:04 AM
bump! This is a gret idea, but it should say somewhere that he is running for President.

ronpaulbillboards
01-29-2008, 06:41 AM
bump! This is a gret idea, but it should say somewhere that he is running for President.

We will work that in someway. These are design concepts that are in 1st draft mode. I wanted to post these to give the grassroots an idea of how we are approaching this billboard design. Basically, we are using corporate ad methods to enter the viewers subconscious mind. The word "legalize" works on many levels down here and there are a lot of Constitutionalists as well. Also these two words sum up Dr. Paul's campaign platform that all his issues are based on. The black with white font will maximize the effect of catching their eyes for the far side of the highway. The oncoming traffic will see issues they are concerned about with check boxes next to them and then"vote for Ron Paul". The idea is to have the images of the check boxes, issues and vote for Ron Paul, play back in their mind when they are in the booth casting a vote. I'm having a meeting Wednesday with my graphics team to finalize these designs so we can send them for vinyl printing to get this ball rolling.

We are moving forward to ensure we can have these shipped to Texas and installed in a reasonable time. Therefore we need to secure the costs to complete this huge grassroots effort.

Harold

ronpaulbillboards
01-29-2008, 09:34 AM
bump!

txporchpisser
01-29-2008, 10:03 AM
I was just in Austin and i saw so many Ron Paul signs.....Ya'll are doing great down there.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Bump for mass TX delegates

itshappening
01-29-2008, 11:05 AM
I think it should say

'Vote for Texas Congressman Ron Paul For President on March 4th'

itshappening
01-29-2008, 11:33 AM
bump

ronpaulbillboards
01-29-2008, 11:47 AM
I think it should say

'Vote for Texas Congressman Ron Paul For President on March 4th'

Good job! We will use it

ronpaulbillboards
01-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Designs below are not final and some graphics and colors will be tweaked. The wordage for the billboards are effective in conveying the essence of Ron Paul's platform. The three issues chosen will cover a wide voting demographic in Austin. The design for the commuters on the opposite side of I-35 will attract their eyes with the black\white combination and the word "legalize" huge. Dr. Paul's campaigns foundation is the Constitution, therefore it sums up his platform in two words. Once we have their attention we direct their eyes to the website, phone number and primary date on the bottom billboard. This will be very effective for fast and slow moving traffic across the highway. The Texas primary is open so we could help persuade Democrats, Libertarians and Independents to cast their vote for Paul. The images on this board could especially sway the undecided once they get in the voting booth.

Bottom Billboard

Bottom Billboard

bump!

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Come on Texans, where you be? This is your thing... Why doesn't someone call into Alex Jones' program and have him point his legions to this specific chip-in? You guys want this thing or not???

mrsaturn
01-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Austin is practically the nucleus of Texan pride (e.g., "Keep Austin Weird", UT Longhorn fanatics, etc.). I think mentioning that Ron Paul is a Texas Congressman on the billboard(s) could do nothing but help.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Austin is practically the nucleus of Texan pride (e.g., "Keep Austin Weird", UT Longhorn fanatics, etc.). I think mentioning that Ron Paul is a Texas Congressman on the billboard(s) could do nothing but help.
I actually think you're right.

ronpaulbillboards
01-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Come on Texans, where you be? This is your thing... Why doesn't someone call into Alex Jones' program and have him point his legions to this specific chip-in? You guys want this thing or not???

I called into Alex last Friday, he's been on the Election fraud and economy issues as of late. He hasn't taking many calls and he's been worked up more than usual as of late.

I'm hitting all the local RP friendly businesses and homes this week to expand our base of contributors.

How would it look for Paul's home state to not have a billboard when other groups including us have launched in other states. Austin is the nexus of the Ron Paul Revolution, they will come through.

CountryB4Party
01-30-2008, 04:01 AM

Well, there are Texans who do not believe the presented designs hit the primary target market. Placement and reach are absolutely on the mark, but the creative falls drastically short of appealing to "offline" voters, which should be the target for billboards. This creative, whether or not intentional, is designed to appeal to the 18-24, hip, crowd who, in the majority, are most likely Internet users and have already been reached.

In addition to missing the target, it is often not understood that poor creative can have a negative effect due to image perception; the polar opposite of one's objective.

I have difficulty funding a project that has the potential to damage rather than advance toward the goal especially when professional assistance has been offered. Sorry guys.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Well, there are Texans who do not believe the presented designs hit the primary target market. Placement and reach are absolutely on the mark, but the creative falls drastically short of appealing to "offline" voters, which should be the target for billboards. This creative, whether or not intentional, is designed to appeal to the 18-24, hip, crowd who, in the majority, are most likely Internet users and have already been reached.

In addition to missing the target, it is often not understood that poor creative can have a negative effect due to image perception; the polar opposite of one's objective.

I have difficulty funding a project that has the potential to damage rather than advance toward the goal especially when professional assistance has been offered. Sorry guys.

So "Ending the War" in a open Texas primary and a Anti-War city is not targeting

"Secure the Borders" in a border state with rampant problems and organizations fighting it is missing the target as well.

"Strengthen the Dollar" is not targeting the cause of our financial crisis and the foundation of Ron Paul's campaign platform. He entered politics aftre Nixon ended the Gold standard.

"Legalize the Constitution" Ron Paul is a strict Constitutionalist and this is very popular especially in Austin. The other candidates were even paying lip service during debates after seeing the response Paul recieved.

You post an ad that you said was used in print ads and all it says is "Restore America" and you say we are not targeting voters.

We have undecided Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats and Independents who will resonate with any one of these messages being that they encompass some these parties ideals.

Since you like crashing threads with negativity.

What issues do YOU suggest someone covers when reaching voters in Austin, Texas.

CountryB4Party
01-30-2008, 05:44 AM
So "Ending the War" in a open Texas primary and a Anti-War city is not targeting

"Secure the Borders" in a border state with rampant problems and organizations fighting it is missing the target as well.

"Strengthen the Dollar" is not targeting the cause of our financial crisis and the foundation of Ron Paul's campaign platform. He entered politics aftre Nixon ended the Gold standard.

"Legalize the Constitution" Ron Paul is a strict Constitutionalist and this is very popular especially in Austin. The other candidates were even paying lip service during debates after seeing the response Paul recieved.

You post an ad that you said was used in print ads and all it says is "Restore America" and you say we are not targeting voters.

We have undecided Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats and Independents who will resonate with any one of these messages being that they encompass some these parties ideals.

Since you like crashing threads with negativity.

What issues do YOU suggest someone covers when reaching voters in Austin, Texas.

My assessment from your response is either you are being emotionally defensive without critical thought or you are misinterpreting my posts.

Please reread my posts. I never once made a statement about message. I discussed creative.

Additionally, if you read my original post where I presented the header, you will find that I stated it was a header for a newsprint ad. Experience should dictate that you cannot make a call on my messaging without reading the copy or viewing the ad.

And, an aside, the header copy was "Reclaiming America".

But, I'm not here to argue. I offered professional advice, an offer of assistance and then my honest position based on what you have presented. I am sorry you are offended, but I do not apologize for presenting information to assist you in more effectively reaching your goals.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Well, there are Texans who do not believe the presented designs hit the primary target market.

You didn't answer the question. Tell me how these 4 issues don't target Austin.

And what issues do you think will target Austin.

Austin = target market

scholarpreneur
01-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Donated.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 05:59 AM
I just read that newspaper ad and our billboard design covers everything in that write up. We are motivated and focused on achieving success for
Dr. Paul in MY hometown of Austin. We don't have time for games or negativity. If you can do better go ahead and take action.
Dr. Paul needs all the active supporters he can get.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Donated.

You are very much appreciated!

CountryB4Party
01-30-2008, 06:07 AM
You didn't answer the question. Tell me how these 4 issues don't target Austin.

And what issues do you think will target Austin.

Austin = target market

I did answer your question, but I will restate the answer very plainly this time:

I never said your messaging was off target.

Please reread my posts.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:14 AM
Well, there are Texans who do not believe the presented designs hit the primary target market.

This is just silly and you can talk to yourself from now on because you seem like someone who is trying to be devisive to the movement with posts like this.

You clearly typed in the 1st sentence that "the presented designs don't hit the primary target."

Again, tell me what issues that are in our designs that don't target Austin.

CountryB4Party
01-30-2008, 06:15 AM
I just read that newspaper ad and our billboard design covers everything in that write up. We are motivated and focused on achieving success for
Dr. Paul in MY hometown of Austin. We don't have time for games or negativity. If you can do better go ahead and take action.
Dr. Paul needs all the active supporters he can get.

My feedback on what you have presented, my fellow Texan, is not "games" or "negativity". It is professional advice. If you are truly focused on achieving success in your market as you claim, then one would assume you would be open and receptive to professional advice concerning how you can improve your efforts to maximize your results.

Instead, there seems to be a defensive firewall.

scholarpreneur
01-30-2008, 06:16 AM
I did answer your question, but I will restate the answer very plainly this time:

I never said your messaging was off target.

Please reread my posts.

I read your posts, and it sounds like you're somewhat miffed that no one accepted your "professional support."

It's all good man. Sometimes you have to put your ego aside in times like these. ;)

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:16 AM
This is just silly and you can talk to yourself from now on because you seem like someone who is trying to be devisive to the movement with posts like this.

You clearly typed in the 1st sentence that "the presented designs don't hit the primary target."

You won't answer the question!

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:24 AM
My feedback on what you have presented, my fellow Texan, is not "games" or "negativity". It is professional advice. If you are truly focused on achieving success in your market as you claim, then one would assume you would be open and receptive to professional advice concerning how you can improve your efforts to maximize your results.

Instead, there seems to be a defensive firewall.

I can post several comments recieved just on this board that were incorporated in our designs. I'm crisp this morning and don't have time for games.
You should be happy people are taking action in the capitol to make this happen because no one else is. We have reached 3 states in a months time with the grassroots support. I don't think these donors would have contributed so much to this cause if we were not having positive results.

One of our billboards made the news and I quote "help the campaign launch professionally produced billboards" The reporter believed Ron Paul's campaign launched the billboard design and we paid for it. Why would the reporter think that? When was the last time you saw a billboard make the news?
There have also been numerous articles, editorials and blogs about our billboards and all have been supportive and very positive.

What in the world is your problem?
Why don't you just go down the line and bash all the other grassroots efforts on here.

CountryB4Party
01-30-2008, 06:24 AM

Clearly, I did, and "designs" and "creative" - as used in the industry - both refer to graphic design and not message.

When on refers to message - or "issues" as you call it - one will typically use the term "message," "copy" or sometimes "text".

No, I'm not "miffed" at all. It frustrates me to see efforts not being maximized as well as efforts executed that carry a potential risk of being damaging. In that regard, I am greatly concerned.

However, if you don't want to improve your return and accept free professional advice, then, by all means, carry on, my friend.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:28 AM
You keep fishing for a job and keep avoiding the question of how we are damaging Ron Paul and not targeting Austin. If you really had the key to all that will help Ron paul win Texas, please show us the light.

Just dig deeper, keep saying we are damaging the movement. WOW!

CountryB4Party
01-30-2008, 06:29 AM
You won't answer the question!

Dear, I have answered the question in every single post. It appears you don't have enough experience in this field to understand the terminology.

I've repeatedly explained my position. You have clearly indicated you are not interested in improvement.

I wish you the best with your endeavors, fellow Patriot.

DXDoug
01-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Bump! Cant wait too see them results! :D

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:32 AM
So now you back peddle and say graphics. A picture of Ron Paul is damaging, check boxes OMG!. A black background whoo scary. Don't try to stoop to insults because you don't want to go down that route.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Dear, I have answered the question in every single post. It appears you don't have enough experience in this field to understand the terminology.

I've repeatedly explained my position. You have clearly indicated you are not interested in improvement.

I wish you the best with your endeavors, fellow Patriot.

We have recieved plenty of email from other supporters asking for our designs specifically, could they buy designs from us, use our left over vinyl. and on and on. We have also recieved communication from a Lamar ad rep asking for designs of ours and images they could use for another Ron Paul billboard being contracted.

You have NO clue what you are talking about and you keep putting your foot in your mouth and dismissing close to 200 contributors of our cause

Thanks for the support!

Now go launch your own ad for Ron Paul so I can tell you it's damaging, not targeting the market and you are not receptive to my opinion

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:38 AM

Design for Billboard facing oncoming traffic

Bottom Billboard

Bottom Billboard

CountryB4Party
01-30-2008, 06:40 AM
So now you back peddle and say graphics. A picture of Ron Paul is damaging, check boxes OMG!. A black background whoo scary. Don't try to stoop to insults because you don't want to go down that route.

In my 20 years in the industry, I have worked for international ad agencies and international companies as ad exec, marketing manager and strategist. I am now a semi-retired corporate consultant who is paid handsomely. I'm not fishing for a job; I'm not playing games, and I'm not throwing insults.

Go back and try to reread my posts without your emotional defense. If later you are interested in how you can improve your billboards to meet your objectives, then please PM me.

For now, I bid you good day.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:42 AM
No years in the industry and have achieved way beyond what we dreamed up on our couch in a months time.
You want to compare experience? There should be no comparison becuase you are trained and educated right?
We launched 4 billboards in 3 states with zero experience and manifested a dream on our couch to reality within a months time.
AND WE DID IT FOR FREE! Are you jealous?
This is about grassroots efforts for Ron Paul not corporate jobs.
Stay out my posts. That's what I'm interested in right now.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:48 AM

Bottom Billboard

Bottom Billboard

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm meeting with my graphics team this afternoon and finalize these designs for proofs.

Any suggestions or ideas please provide now.

Eric21ND
01-30-2008, 08:28 AM
We need old people. Put save social security on there. I personally don't like the black bleak ads....they look too somber. You need something else.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 02:40 PM

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 02:42 PM

Bottom Billboard

Bottom Billboard

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
We need old people. Put save social security on there. I personally don't like the black bleak ads....they look too somber. You need something else.

The age demographic that travels this highway is mostly young to middle age. The SS issue might be to narrow an issue and one that is not as important to a wide demo such as the other 3. For the far colors, we need to attract the commuters across the freeway and the black&white combo with the font and wordage will catch their attention. We will try different color schemes to see what looks good.

Iconoclast777
01-30-2008, 03:05 PM
wow, I really like this idea... w00t Texas!!! we've got some pretty good meetup groups in northeastern Texas, gonna be hitting the precincts soon, getting them divided up... go Ron Paul!!!

NerveShocker
01-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Bump for the billboards! ;)

Donate at www.RonPaulBillBoards.com to help reach millions for very little money.

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 06:44 PM
billboard bump!

We need $2,500 to reach our goal!

ronpaulbillboards
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
We need $2,500 to reach our goal!

DXDoug
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Nice not long now hopefully!

slacker921
01-31-2008, 12:09 AM
ok folks.. in NH and SC didn't the billboards go up just days before the actual primaries?? Very few people saw them, they didn't influence polls at all, and so the money was too late to really be effective.

Either people need to donate NOW to get the ads up in the next week or the organizers need to find a less expensive venue.

And would "End NAFTA" be more effective in Texas than "Legalize the constitution" .. ? Is the constitution illegal?

Texan4Life
01-31-2008, 12:10 AM
bump

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 01:30 AM
And would "End NAFTA" be more effective in Texas than "Legalize the constitution" .. ? Is the constitution illegal?

This in reference to the Patriot Act and Homeland Security making unconstitutional policies legal. This is an attention getter for the opposite side of the freeway. We have seconds to grab their attention and we feel this is the best design for that.

End NAFTA is a great idea but more people are upset about the shredding of the Constitution than NAFTA. It is a big issue that needs to be addresed. I think we have enough to hopefully motivate them to check out the website and phone number.

We would rather tackle that issue with a more focused campaign with a full billboard design concept. We have plans after the results of this election period to expand to educating the public about other important issues through billboard ads and other mediums.

slacker921
01-31-2008, 07:45 AM
ok people.. If everyone who read this thread had gone here (http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/) and donated $1 we would have a nice big billboard (two actually) in Texas. Get with it.

scholarpreneur
01-31-2008, 08:49 AM
bump

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
ok people.. If everyone who read this thread had gone here (http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/) and donated $1 we would have a nice big billboard (two actually) in Texas. Get with it.

It's gonna happen

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 03:02 PM
bump!

We need $2,300 to reach our goal

NerveShocker
01-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Bump for the billboard.. the sooner we get this up the better. They need this small amount of money to reach hundreds of thousands every day. Let's get it done.

ronpaulbillboards
01-31-2008, 04:07 PM
The cool thing is that since it's leap year we have an extra day to work with. The contract will run for 30 days.

itshappening
01-31-2008, 04:17 PM
BUMP for Harold

itshappening
01-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Harold, call the Alex Jones radio show next week and get him to plug it im sure he will want to see this done!

InLoveWithRon
01-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Bump

ronpaulbillboards
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
We are $2,000 away from our goal!

ronpaulbillboards
02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
We are ready to go to print!
We need your donations to make this happen.

ronpaulbillboards
02-01-2008, 06:12 PM
keeping bumped!

ronpaulbillboards
02-02-2008, 01:13 PM
weekend bump!

ronpaulbillboards
02-02-2008, 11:50 PM
We are going to print Monday!

ronpaulbillboards
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
We are going to print soon. Please vote on the design scheme you think will have the best impact on commuters.

ronpaulbillboards
02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
We need $1,300 to reach our goal! Please contribute to our Austin, Texas billboard that can reach millions.

Enzo
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
$20 more towards the goal!

Wish I could afford to donate more right now.

Jesubub
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I just kicked in $25 (c*d@i*y-o*t.com). Btw, I thought you did a great job at the Austin Liberty Ball stumping for your project. Did you notice a jump in donations after that?

Jesubub
02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Sorry to ask a question you may have had to answer repeatedly:
Have you considered starting a ChipIn (http://www.chipin.com/) that you could advertise at RonPaulGraphs.com (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html)? I did it a couple times raising money for stamps, and I collected $600 in no time. You would still get your money dumped into your PayPal account. You could start it now with a goal of $1,200. Then email Dan (dan[at]ronpaulgraphs[dot]com) to get your widget put on his site.

ronpaulbillboards
02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I just kicked in $25 (c*d@i*y-o*t.com). Btw, I thought you did a great job at the Austin Liberty Ball stumping for your project. Did you notice a jump in donations after that?

Thanks for the support

I answered this elsewhere so I'll just post my response here as well.

Thanks, it came from the heart. I wasn't prepared at all, I just went there to see just how big the grassroots turnout would be and also to pass out info about our website. The turnout was huge and even families with kids were there. I met so many new friends including several old ones like George Humphrey. Jack Blood asked me to speak on stage about Ron Paul Billboards and this was following the last speaker. The amazing final scheduled speaker was Ronnie Paul, Dr. Paul's eldest son! So then I go up there with no preparation in front of a large group of die hard RP supporters and the media. I wasn't nervous until I was up there for about a minute, then it hit me that I was on stage talking:eek:. I was moved by all the applause, support and donations we received during and after this event. I still feel the good energy from that night.

You can now vote for the designs on our website on the Texas Billboards page at this link http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/id20.html

jahazii
02-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Bump

240,000 Impressions are missed every day this thing isn't up before the Texas Primary get this thing funded!

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 04:50 AM
We need to make a stand at Texas like the Alamo!

We can win Texas!

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Super Tuesday bump!

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 08:07 AM

Harold

Ron Paul Billboards

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Last bump for the morning

andkore
02-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Awesome, I live in Round Rock, and I go to school very close to that billboard every day (off Red River). I just gave a little bit. Good job getting this going dude.

athlon64bit
02-11-2008, 10:24 AM
]
We need about $3,500 to reach our goal. **edited**We received and email about a check mailed but can't confirm. With the RP Rewards and worries of the Toolbar we are being cautious.

You guys on the forums keep this up and we'll have it by weeks end.

Harold

The Ron Paul Toolbar is a virus and it makes no money for ron paul's campaign. My kaspersy antivirus recognised it as a virus which steals password details and credit card details.